DVDVR Message Board

Raw is Burning The House Down - 10/26/2020

Dolfan in NYC

28 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Wait, so she's scratching herself like Raven's Flock-era Billy Kidman now? 

It was more of a seizure/scratching invisible bugs, then she leapt up and laughed it off because she did it to distract the HB.

BTW, I know Retribution is shitty and all, but Mace looks INCREDIBLE. He's not a bad wrestler (very green), but his mask and long dreadlocks, combined with the dark tights and his frame, makes it look people are wrestling the goddamn Predator in there, and that's something I can get behind.

I thought, for sure, the way they wouldn't reveal who the captain of the women's team was, that it was going to be a returning Charlotte. 

41 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Lana is not passable. I mean what does "passable" mean in 2020 It used to be "they won't kill themselves" but the standard is MUCH higher now.  

She doesn't embarrass herself or others regularly and isn't particularly dangerous. She does ok at the roles she is given. She is far from good, but people acting like she this actively bad have clearly not actually been watching her wrestle the last few months. Not saying anyone should be looking forward to her matches, but it feels ridiculous at how bad people are pretending she and some of the others are.

Raw ratings, the first hour is up from last week but two last hours are down from last week.

1.859 million
1.752 million
1.585 million

Anyway Meltzer said that the third hour of Raw beat lot of shows for the in 18-49 demo.

6 hours ago, Chaos said:

Lana is definitely your sole survivor. 

Wouldn't be surprised. Meltzer's been saying the Nia-Lana stuff is part of a massive babyface push for Lana.  

I kinda hope loses interest by Survivor Series.  I'm assuming the repeated Samoan drops eventually lead to a singles match, but I'm skeptical that will get Lana over.  Even if it does, should it?  Lana is kinda terrible in-ring and not much of a talker either.  There's probably ten women on the roster that would do more with the air time.  One of the IIconics maybe?  I'm not even fans of theirs, but they're better in-ring by a bit, and Billie can draw heat.

For that matter, I'd prefer to see the top eight or so women in NXT get Lana's airtime.

7 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

It is jarring to hear Lana without the Russian accent. Did they try and explain that away or did they just pretend it never existed? 

They said she's actually not quite from Russia, but Georgia instead, so that would explain the accent. Yeah, no they didn't. But I guess that was just a phase, like the denim outfits she wore when she was with Ziggler for 2-3 weeks back in 2015?

9 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

It is jarring to hear Lana without the Russian accent. Did they try and explain that away or did they just pretend it never existed? 

1 hour ago, Shartnado said:

They said she's actually not quite from Russia, but Georgia instead, so that would explain the accent. Yeah, no they didn't. But I guess that was just a phase, like the denim outfits she wore when she was with Ziggler for 2-3 weeks back in 2015?

I don't recall them ever explaining her accent. She is from the US but grew up in Latvia, partially during the Soviet years. She gradually gave up on the accent during the feud between Rusev and Lashley.

6 minutes ago, Eivion said:

I don't recall them ever explaining her accent. She is from the US but grew up in Latvia, partially during the Soviet years. She gradually gave up on the accent during the feud between Rusev and Lashley.

I don't believe they have ever even attempted to explain it, and I don't know if her current accent is southern or not, but I was kidding about her being from Georgia. Either the real one or the fake one in Eastern Europe.

On 10/27/2020 at 1:38 PM, BobbyWhioux said:

the huge Peyton Royce singles push is off to a hell of a start, I see

?

Well, at least she's on tv since the split.  Billie Kay may have a better chance of being seen on the side of a milk carton.

Since they aren't running house shows, do they only fly talent in if they aren't being used on tv that week, or do they do it WCW-style and fly everyone in (in case Vince blows up the show at 5:00 and rewrites the script while he eats dinner)?

Edited by Eoae
  • Sad 1

On 10/27/2020 at 11:28 PM, Shartnado said:

From Mtskheta to Macon
а ты говоришь по русски?
Tell All The Boys
Lana's on the way
Don't call her an airhead
her mind is quick and able
fight or debate
it's all on the table!

• Like 3

On 10/29/2020 at 11:31 PM, Eoae said:

Well, at least she's on tv since the split.  Billie Kay may have a better chance of being seen on the side of a milk carton.

Since they aren't running house shows, do they only fly talent in if they aren't being used on tv that week, or do they do it WCW-style and fly everyone in (in case Vince blows up the show at 5:00 and rewrites the script while he eats dinner)?

Pretty sure everyone is there, hence the 738 Catering "insults" heard on WWE TV in the past 6 months.

(Plus I think many of them live in or around Orlando anyways..)

• Like 2