DVDVR Message Board

Raw is Burning The House Down - 10/26/2020

Dolfan in NYC

I don't dislike the Bray/Alexa combo.

Lana going through a table is still somewhat amusing, especially for the fakeout Nia pulled with the hug.

The brand vs. brand theme is generally dead to me so it was hard to give a shit about tonight.

5 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

ElTbHqWVkAAQy_J?format=jpg&name=large

I'm fully expecting between DZ and Natural about 30 variations and memes based on these two.   

Not from me. I feel uncomfortable how the pairing came about with the Fiend, a man attacking a woman in Alexa Bliss. I'd have liked the pairing to come together differently without that aspect. 

17 minutes ago, AxB said:

So did Mia Yim get possessed by the Devil tonight or what?

That was odd, since a couple people audibly broke character and called her "Mia" instead of whatever her Retribution name is.

Honestly, it reminded me an awful lot of a WWE 2K20 glitch, so maybe she was channeling the spirit of whoever it was that thought Battlegrounds would sell well.

Edited by Eoae

2 hours ago, D.Z said:

I find it amusing Lana keeps wearing the pink and black and harts gear.

I'm sure they told her "oh yeah, you and Nattie are together long term...go get some gear made".

I slept through this show. Saw a clip of poor Mia Yim looking like she was itching for a fix of something. Yeah, Retribution is dead in the water. They tried though which was nice.

Did they really try with Retribution?  Or was it just a way of Vince and Bruce trying to convince people what Antifa and all of the "liberal" groups are and hey if they can squeeze even a tiny bit of pulp out of it oh well?   This isn't Nexus that they had big plans for.  This is CORE because writers had nothing for them

The really bad thing for Mia Yim is that her look in this group is so awful that everyone knows it is her.  If they try to repackage her she will now be known as "women with either an itching fit or a junkie needing a fix" gimmick.   Basically you have to hope she did enough in NXT that will erase this stink

2013's women's Survivor Series match very, very brutal on paper. A combination of Brie Bella, Eva Marie, Cameron, JoJo, Aksana, Alicia Fox, Kaitlyn, Rosa Mendes, Summer Rae and Tamina Snuka. AJ Lee, Nikki Bella & Natalya aren't Misawa or anything but jesus christ, they're far and away the best ones and even then, that's not saying too much.

But, in 2007, Mickie James had to be the anchor for a team where her partners were Kelly Kelly, Maria, Michelle McCool and Torrie Wilson.

I mean... Shayna's team is pretty bad as far as current day WWE's women's division goes, but I don't think it's as bad as the two teams I've mentioned.

Man, they barely even tried with Retribution and the effort they did put in was laughably bad. I have zero confidence in them doing anything meaningful with Ali from this point forward. Dude is a good promo and has a babyface background, but they're fucking dumb when it comes to booking him. Not only that, but he's the face of all of these dorks. At least with Mia Yim, we'll remember she was part of this group and you can easily tell it's her, but she should be fine in the long run. Dijak they could just easily repackage as Chris Dyjack or something close to his real name and drop the Retribution gimmick and move him away from his extraordinarily shitty name in NXT.

But Ali though...Man...Look, if you're a wrestler in WWE, you have to stand up for yourself and not let yourself get saddled with bullshit like this. What's worse? Accepting the bullshit they hand you, looking like a geek, having your value diminished, and then being benched or speaking up for yourself, risking lolretributionlol for speaking up, getting benched, and avoid having the stink of a terrible gimmick on you to make it easier when you move on from WWE?

I'm also surprised at Survivor Series. Last year they were using Survivor Series to pump up NXT and, in particular, make Keith Lee and Rhea Ripley look awesome. Now NXT isn't used at all, Keith Lee looks more and more like a dork with his gear, music, and "we don't have any better ideas for you" booking, while Rhea Ripley got totally kneecapped by losing to Charlotte.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hammerva said:

Also as discussed on Twitter, is there a worse Survivor Series team in history than Nia Jax, Shayna Baszler, Dana Brooke, Lana, and Mandy Rose?   Unless Shayna is working 90% of the match that is going to be shaky

Lana is definitely your sole survivor. 

Edited by Chaos
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, hammerva said:

Also as discussed on Twitter, is there a worse Survivor Series team in history than Nia Jax, Shayna Baszler, Dana Brooke, Lana, and Mandy Rose?   Unless Shayna is working 90% of the match that is going to be shaky

clone Giant Gonzalez four times and MAYBE

2 hours ago, hammerva said:

Nia has had multiple good matches in the past and has seemingly been fine since teaming with Shayna. Dana and Mandy are both fairly competent. Lana is the worst person on the team, and even she seems passable at this point. I'm not sure how this can even be a remotely sensible take considering what we have had in the past during the diva eras as already mentioned by @Casey.

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

Also, wait, I think I missed something. Otis was sent back to SmackDown? And Tucker is jobbing on Main Event?

Otis never left Smackdown. 

4 hours ago, hammerva said:

Did they really try with Retribution?  Or was it just a way of Vince and Bruce trying to convince people what Antifa and all of the "liberal" groups are and hey if they can squeeze even a tiny bit of pulp out of it oh well?   This isn't Nexus that they had big plans for.  This is CORE because writers had nothing for them

Retribution was a desperate ploy for ratings with no real plan behind them. That is why they sucked from the getgo and continue to suck. I think they tried to a minor degree, but after those initial attacks were mostly called out as embarrassing garbage by fans and the reveal of the core group was shit on even worse they basically gave up. Honestly, your CORE comparison is probably accurate.

Edited by Eivion