DVDVR Message Board

Survivor Series XXXIV - 11/22/2020

Dolfan in NYC

On 11/11/2020 at 2:30 AM, L_W_P said:

The Fiend
Bray Wyatt

So Bray wrestles unmasked while someone else wears the Fiend gear, like that one time Joseph Parks and Abyss were in the same match?

• Like 1

So it has to be almost a given that Drew is winning back the title this monday so they can do Roman/Drew at the ppv, right? If they wanted that match why even bother having Orton win the title in the first place?

I know I know. I'm using logic and reason where it doesn't ever apply.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Phantom Lord said:

So it has to be almost a given that Drew is winning back the title this monday so they can do Roman/Drew at the ppv, right? If they wanted that match why even bother having Orton win the title in the first place?

I know I know. I'm using logic and reason where it doesn't ever apply.

In full agreement.

You'd think Big E is the TBD on the Men's Survivor Series match for Team Smackdown. Hope Bayley is one of two TBD for the Women's Smackdown Survivor Series Team. I think it's a good looking show.

Edited by The Natural

Daniel Bryan deserves better than a Dual-Brand Battle Royal, if indeed he's in it. Liking everything else on the PPV. Looking forward to Roman Reigns vs. Drew McIntyre, Sasha Banks vs. Asuka and The New Day vs. The Street Profits. Be interesting to see Undertaker's farewell. Does it go on last? Guard of honour by the WWE?

1 minute ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

That retirement speech reached into the uncanny valley and never let go.  

Just... Odd.

I do think if Undertaker 's match with Roman Reigns at WrestleMania XXXIII went better, he'd have retired then. That post match was perfect with the removal of the gloves, trench coat and hat.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, The Natural said:

Been up since 3am. Going to go and get some sleep before Survivor Series. Hope it's worth watching at midnight. See the show ending round about 3:30am-4am UK time.

I thought this was worth that for Reigns/McIntyre, Banks/Asuka, Street Profits/New Day and Undertaker's farewell. Show also ended at 3:30am UK time.

Edited by The Natural

If Dominic Mysterio is serious about putting in the work to become a wrestler, more power to him but he has no business on the main roster and certainly not lasting to the end of a battle royal like that. They also could have given someone else who could actually use the rub (like Gable) instead of the Miz.

The men's SS match was a total dud and made the Smackdown crew look like total chumps.

New Day/Street Profits was great and probably the best I've ever seen the Profits look.

Sasha/Asuka was another good match.

The women's SS match wasn't bad but pretty forgettable.

Drew/Roman was great, though the finish was predictable.

The UT ceremony at the end was pointless. Intro after intro of his friends and other assorted legends only for him to do a plodding entrance and say two sentences? I kept waiting for The Fiend or someone else to interfere but nothing (can't say I'm bothered though, I really don't want to see him try to wrestle again).

Edited by HumanChessgame