DVDVR Message Board

SDL is Law and Otis - 10/25/2020

Dolfan in NYC

When I make you quit--and I will make you quit--you will fall in line. You will take orders. You will acknowledge me. You will respect me for who I am in WWE and all that I do for our family. And if you just can't, then you're out. And not just you. You brought your brother with you. He's out, too. Your wives, your children, your children's children are all out of the family. We will all turn our backs on you. Those are your consequences.

Roman has gone full Michael Corleone/Tywin Lannister.

Edited by Burgundy LaRue
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Bianca/Zelina was nice little squash.

Hated seeing Gable squashed by Sullivan, but ti was good to see him finally drop the Shorty G shit. I'm curious where he goes from here. Would be nice to see him return to NXT though I kind of suspect he just ends up as Rollins new disciple which would suck.

The court case had its fun moment, and I'm always happy to see Teddy and Simmons get a pay day.

The Sasha/Bayley segment went about as expected, but I liked it.

Wasn't all there for Murphy/Rollins, but what i saw was solid-good.

That ending segment was another good one from Roman and co. I assume Roman ends up threatening to murder Jimmy to finally get Jey to quit.

• Like 2

I got a kick out of WWE doing a Law and Order parody with 'Law and Otis' then immediately after the title screen, drops if for a People's Court parody with occasional L&O sound effects.

I don't know how you watch a Shorty G-Lars Sullivan match and go "Man that Sullivan is such a great prospect" and not vice versa.

Also enjoyed Daniel Bryan getting his fisting joke in there again.

Roman Reigns is the best character in current American pro wrestling. I want him to hold the title forever, delivering stone cold promos (As opposed to Stone Cold promos) about the family.

6 hours ago, The Natural said:

Shorty G no more! Thank God.

Still not soon enough. This was another unnecessary "New Coke" experiment, which most people said was stupid and wouldn't get over. Now that we have that out of the way, please let him do what he does best. Which is a bunch of things, actually, but give him a chance to do it!

• Like 1

I can't believe Roman has made this much of a turn around in two months. If they were holding back on this Roman all this time, Vince needs to retire right now. Well, he needs to retire for a whole bunch of reasons. But keeping Roman a bland babyface for years is pretty damn bad judgement. 

I was so pumped to see Gable say the hell with the Shorty G shit. In a perfect world, they would have Kurt Angle as his manager. I could also see him joining up with Cesaro and Nakamura. Him and Gulak would have been a good team, but Gulak is now on RAW doing comedy.

Baley/Sasha is going to probably be the match of the night at HIAC. So of course they'll start the show with it.

Also I figured out what the Aalyah/Murphy angle reminded me of. Rey is doing his own version of the Faby Apache/Billy Boy story. You know if we eventually get Rey as Gran Apache vs. Buddy it might not be so bad. I read Vince sees star potential in Aalyah. Is she going to train to wrestle or even shown any inclination to wanting to? I mean shes doing all this so maybe she wants to. She's going to be a perfect example of the WWE PC Factory system if she does start training.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Phantom Lord said:

Also I figured out what the Aalyah/Murphy angle reminded me of. Rey is doing his own version of the Faby Apache/Billy Boy story.

Glad I'm not the only one seeing this. The second they had the daughter check on Murphy after the cage match I had a feeling they might be going that route.