DVDVR Message Board

BORAT SUBSEQUENT MOVIEFILM (Spoilers)

elizium

Not going to get into spoilers, but I'm enjoying Borat 2 so far. Much more story based then the first one, mostly because he can't walk around as Borat without getting spotted. The girl who plays his daughter is fantastic, just as willing to commit to things as he is, it sometimes looks like he's about to break watching her.

How are debutante balls still a thing in 2020?

11 hours ago, elizium said:

How are debutante balls still a thing in 2020?

According to one of the attendees:

Our friends had been contacted by a movie company that wanted to film a fictional scene of Southern belles making their debut. The company would pay fathers and daughters $100 apiece, and all we had to do was dress up, dance a little and enjoy free cuisine and drinks at the beautiful antebellum Hay House in downtown Macon.

3 hours ago, jaedmc said:

According to one of the attendees:

That makes sense, while watching I was trying to figure out what else was staged. The only other definite I could guess was

Spoiler

The Qanon rally

My main gripe with the movie is that Borat's disguises were pretty terrible. At least Borat looks like a real person, the rest of the time he was a guy in a clearly fake beard and fat suit

1 hour ago, elizium said:

That makes sense, while watching I was trying to figure out what else was staged. The only other definite I could guess was

Hide contents

The Qanon rally

My main gripe with the movie is that Borat's disguises were pretty terrible. At least Borat looks like a real person, the rest of the time he was a guy in a clearly fake beard and fat suit

Do you mean the:

Spoiler

Anti-lockdown rally where he sings on stage? Because that was real, there was a furore about it on reddit when it first happened, he even went back in disguise later as a cameraman and filmed people who were angry.

Apart from that there was definitely a lot of actors or paid plants. I don't do well with cringe humour but only had to look away during one scene when the:

Spoiler

girl 'found' her vagine in the bathroom of the women's meeting and then told them all about it...argh I'm cringing now just replaying it in my head.

1 hour ago, King Leonidas Of Sparta said:

Do you mean the:

Hide contents

Anti-lockdown rally where he sings on stage? Because that was real, there was a furore about it on reddit when it first happened, he even went back in disguise later as a cameraman and filmed people who were angry.

Apart from that there was definitely a lot of actors or paid plants. I don't do well with cringe humour but only had to look away during one scene when the:

Hide contents

girl 'found' her vagine in the bathroom of the women's meeting and then told them all about it...argh I'm cringing now just replaying it in my head.

Spoiler

Yeah, the freedom rally...all these conspiracy groups are blending together in my mind (and they're all blending together in real life too). That's interesting, the guy who introduces him and then asks if he is the singer is comedian Billy Wayne Davis.  I'm not familiar with him, but a cursory look at his twitter timeline he does not seem like the kind of guy who would be working a no masks rally. He even re-tweeted the announcement that the movie was already available to watch.

I wonder if they filmed there and then did re-shoots of him being introduced because the real MC wouldn't sign a waiver? But they did blur other people out, so why wouldn't they just blur him out?

Edited by elizium

• Dolfan in NYC changed the title to BORAT SUBSEQUENT MOVIEFILM (Spoilers)
Just now, Dolfan in NYC said:

lol Rudy. 

On one hand, he was slightly vindicated in that he was tucking his shirt back in after she removed the mic. On the other, he was clearly tryna fuck (and get her number). Either way, he's a gross toad man

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...