DVDVR Message Board

Impact Wrestling Bound for Glory 2020 - 10/24/20

Impact Bound for Glory 2020 is coming up this Saturday, October 24 2020

IMPACT WORLDS HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
Eric Young(c) vs. Rich Swann

IMPACT KNOCKOUTS CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
Deonna Purrazzo(c) vs. Kylie Rae

IMPACT WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIPS MATCH
The Motor City Machine Guns (Alex Shelley & Chris Sabin)(c) vs. The Good Brothers (Doc Gallows & Karl Anderson) vs. The North (Ethan Page & Josh Alexander) vs. Ace Austin & Madman Fulton

IMPACT X DIVISION CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
Rohit Raju(c) vs. Willie Mack vs. Trey vs. TJP vs. Chris Bey vs. Jordynne Grace

UNDISCLOSED LOCATION MATCH
EC3 vs. Moose

Eddie Edwards vs. Ken Shamrock (w/ Sami Callihan)

20 Person CALL YOUR SHOT GAUNTLET Battle Royal - Winner Receives Title Shot of their choice.
Includes Rhino, Heath, Hernandez, Acey Romero, Larry D, Tenille Dashwood, Taya Valkyrie, Brian Myers, Tommy Dreamer, Havok, & 10 more.
(If Rhino or Heath win, Heath gets an Impact contract, if they do not, both must leave Impact. Rhino enters #1, Hernandez #20)

PRESHOW:
The Rascalz (Dez & Wentz) vs. The Deaners (Cody Deaner & Cousin Jake)
The Impact Hall of Fame induction of Ken Shamrock

Tonight AXS airs a one hour "This is Bound for Glory" special highlighting Young/Swann and Deonna/Kylie, which will also replay Saturday before the preshow.

Edited by DreamBroken
  • Like 1

https://411mania.com/wrestling/konnan-set-spanish-commentary-impact-bound-for-glory-sylvain-grenier-french/

Konnan and Sylvain Grenier will be part of the Spanish and French commentary teams, respectively, for Impact Bound For Glory. Impact Wrestling announced the Spanish, German, and French commentary teams for Saturday’s PPV as you can see below:

* French Commentary: Sylvain Grenier and Marc Blondin
* Spanish Commentary: Konnan and Moody
* German Commentary: Christian Burns and Marcus Holzer

Solid X Division opener, glad to see Rohit retain. The Gauntlet was fun, cool to see James Storm return and hope he sticks around.  Moose/EC3 was an interesting movie fight scene. Hadn't loved their feud much but thought this felt like a satisfying conclusion. Liked Shamrock/Eddie a lot. Sad that Shelley got taken out, tag titles match was pretty good still though. Shocked to see the North win the titles back but I loved that unexpected move. 

Thought Deonna/Kylie was the best built match on the card and was looking forward to that so I was very surprised to see that not happen. I love Su so that was a welcome return, but I did not want to see Deonna lose the title. I thought going in for sure that Kylie was winning the title but wanted Deonna to have a much longer reign. Regardless, this was my favorite match of the night, awesome finishing stretch. Deonna is one of my top favorites to watch right now. Main event was good and a nice moment for Swann. Before his injury he was on fire in 2018-2019 so I'm interested to see where things go with him as champ. Overall thought this delivered a pretty good show with the second half kicking things up a notch. 

Full Results:

Spoiler

*Preshow Match: The Deaners (Cody Deaner & Cousin Jake) def. The Rascalz (Dez & Wentz) (3:43) when Cody pinned Dez after the TTG

*Video message from The Rock aired to induct Ken Shamrock into the Impact Hall of Fame. Matt Striker brought Shamrock to the stage, where he gave his acceptance speech.

Impact Wrestling Bound for Glory 2020 - October 24, 2020, Nashville TN

*Rohit Raju(c) def. Trey, TJP, Chris Bey, Jordynne Grace, & Willie Mack (12:19) after stealing the pinfall from TJP on Trey to retain the X Division Championship

*Rhino won the Call Your Shot Gauntlet (25:28) to earn a title shot of his choice and earn Heath an Impact contract.
-#1 Rhino
-#2 Shawn Daivari
-#3 Larry D
-#4 Crazzy Steve
-#5 Acey Romero
-#6 Tenille Dashwood (w/ Kaleb Konley)
-#7 Havok (w/ Nevaeh)
-#8 Brian Myers
-Myers eliminated Crazzy Steve
-#9 Swoggle
-Myers & Swoggle eliminated Daivari
-Myers eliminated Swoggle
-#10 Tommy Dreamer (wearing Road Warrior Animal facepaint)
-#11 Alisha Edwards
-Myers eliminated Dreamer
-Myers eliminated Alisha
-#12 Kiera Hogan (w/ Tasha Steelz)
-Myers eliminated Tenille
-#13 Taya Valkyrie (w/ Rosemary & John E Bravo)
-#14 Fallah Bahh
-Havok eliminated Kiera
-Taya eliminated Havok
-#15 James Storm
-Storm eliminated Larry D
-#16 Adam Thornstowe
-#17 Luster the Legend
-#18 Heath
-Heath eliminated Acey
-Heath eliminated Myers
-#19 Sami Callihan
-#20 Hernandez
-Hernandez eliminated Fallah then left the match to try to get his stolen money back from Fallah.
-Rhino eliminated Thornstowe
-Rhino eliminated Luster
-Callihan eliminated Storm
-Callihan eliminated Heath
-Rhino pinned Callihan after the Gore

*Moose def. EC3 (10:01) via KO in a cinematic Undisclosed Location when EC3 told Moose to control his narrative and Moose then knocked him out with the TNA Title.

*Ken Shamrock (w/ Sami Callihan) def. Eddie Edwards (14:18) via Ankle Lock submission after a distraction from Callihan.

*The North (Ethan Page & Josh Alexander) def. Chris Sabin(c), The Good Brothers (Doc Gallows & Karl Anderson), and Ace Austin & Madman Fulton (12:59) when Alexander pinned Anderson after Page hit him with one of the tag team titles to WIN the Impact Tag Team Championships. Prior to the match, the North attacked the Motor City Machine Guns during their entrance and Alexander took Shelley out of the match with a double underhook piledriver on the stage, leaving Sabin to compete alone.

*Deonna Purrazzo came to the ring but Kylie Rae did not. Deonna said she wasn't surprised that Kylie wasn't there and issued an open challenge to anyone in the back leading to the return of Su Yung.

*Su Yung def. Deonna Purrazzo(c)(w/ Kimber Lee) (15:50) with the Panic Switch to WIN the knockouts championship.

-Impact returns to PPV with Hard To Kill on January 16, 2021 which will feature the return of the Knockouts Tag Team Championships

*Rich Swann def. Eric Young(c) (21:38) with the Phoenix Splash to WIN the Impact Worlds Championship. After the match, all the babyfaces came out to hold Swann up in celebration.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, paintedbynumbers said:

Also did Kylie no-show or was she sick?  I'd think if she was sick they would have at least explained it. 

While explained on the pay-per-view as a no show, Bryan Alvarez is reporting she was off the show due to an injury that isn't considered to be serious. No other details are available.

The Kylie Rae mystery deepens. Per the Observer ...

As reported last night, Kylie Rae missed her scheduled Knockouts women's title match with champion Deonna Purrazzo with no announcement made on the show as to why. This left a lot of fans unhappy with people noting that if she was injured or ill, they should have announced it and everyone would have understood.

The story that went around was she was injured, but we were later told that was not the case. We have confirmed that no announcement was made because the company did not know the situation at the time, making our previous report of an injury incorrect. Right now all that is known is that she was in Nashville ready to work on Friday and did not come to the building on Saturday.

48 minutes ago, Infinit said:

First the whole situation with AEW and now this...on the surface, Kylie Rae doesn't seem to be the most dependable worker. Will be interesting to see how this unfolds as more information comes out.

Yeah, it’s almost like mental health issues are a bitch, huh?

• Like 2

For a few more notes from last night's Bound for Glory show and to clarify some things talked about last night. Kylie Rae was injured two weeks ago but she was scheduled to appear on last night's show against Deonna Purrazzo. As noted in an update earlier today, she was in Nashville and was in the hotel Friday. She never arrived at the building and nobody in the company knew anything.  The company checked with everyone who knew her. Nobody really knows anything more other than she is apparently okay in the physical sense. At the time of the match they didn't know anything past that she wasn't there. It came off weird as they showed video features on the PPV building the match as scheduled, and then she wasn't there and nothing was said as to why, because at the time they really didn't know anythin

On 10/25/2020 at 4:14 PM, Casey said:

Yeah, it’s almost like mental health issues are a bitch, huh?

I know this will sound cold but i don't mean it to.   If you have severe mental health issues such as Kylie and Mauro it's almost counter productive to have a position where you are in the public spotlight seen by millions scratch that, judged by millions.  With social media and the way people are treated/bullied it's really not safe to be out there where millions will criticize every move you make whether it's wrong or right.  I've only met her once and Kylie could not have been a nicer person and I truly hope she is well but perhaps a long break is needed. She was likely getting the belt on the companies biggest event of the year and it's a ton of pressure to take. Very similar to the AEW experience someone had mentioned. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, paintedbynumbers said:

I know this will sound cold but i don't mean it to.   If you have severe mental health issues such as Kylie and Mauro it's almost counter productive to have a position where you are in the public spotlight seen by millions scratch that, judged by millions.  With social media and the way people are treated/bullied it's really not safe to be out there where millions will criticize every move you make whether it's wrong or right.  I've only met her once and Kylie could not have been a nicer person and I truly hope she is well but perhaps a long break is needed. She was likely getting the belt on the companies biggest event of the year and it's a ton of pressure to take. Very similar to the AEW experience someone had mentioned. 

I disagree. If you have mental health issues, I'd rather a therapist provide advice on whether a specific occupation should or should not be pursued. 

For some, performing is an important part of positive mental health. For some, you're right, if you don't have the tools to deal with certain aspects, it can be counter-productive. 

Either way, it's a bit naive to generalize and put every performer in the same bucket of what they should and should not do, and how that impacts their mental health. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, EricG said:

I disagree. If you have mental health issues, I'd rather a therapist provide advice on whether a specific occupation should or should not be pursued. 

For some, performing is an important part of positive mental health. For some, you're right, if you don't have the tools to deal with certain aspects, it can be counter-productive. 

Either way, it's a bit naive to generalize and put every performer in the same bucket of what they should and should not do, and how that impacts their mental health. 

This.  I'm assuming there are plenty of actors, wrestlers, pro athletes, musicians, etc. who suffer from some degree of mental health issues but we never hear about it because they take whatever steps are needed to keep it from becoming an issue in the workplace.  Then there's Mauro, who couldn't keep it from becoming a workplace issue on several occasions and placed both himself and the company in a bad spot because of it.  I do think it can become counter-productive, but I also think it can be managed properly in a lot of cases.

43 minutes ago, EricG said:

I see your point but not naive at all as I didn't put every performer in that bucket. I mentioned severe such as Mauro and Kylie.  Mauro is the best example. He has had help, treated, but sometimes something pops up in a tweet and can make things worse such as what happened with Graves. In an ideal world Mauro wouldn't be subject to this but in 2020 everyone and their kid has social media accounts and people troll others just because they can. It's sad and shouldn't happen but it does and unfortunately people knowing he has a mental health issue may even put a bigger target on him. 

In the 80's and 90's before social media it wouldn't have been nearly as bad. But when you have millions criticizing everything you do or say it can't make battling depression/bipolar disorder any easier.   

Should every performer with a mental health disorder stay off social media? Probably not. But it to say it hasn't heard Mauro and Kylie would be 100% false.   

Mark Madden is our local sports DJ. Most of you know him from his commentary in WCW and TNA.  He gets harrassed on social media like no other. Someone even made a twitter account in his dead mother's name. Some of the shit people do on social media will drive the most sane person nuts and I can't in a million years imagine having to deal with the shit Mauro does.  I'm not his doctor nor do I know him but I would be like to think that someone had told him "stay off social media it's harmful to your health"

The big difference is the celebs have access to the best doctors and therapies to combat this. Hopefully Kylie and Mauro can continue to excel doing what they love but if you ran AEW or WWE would you hire Kylie or bring Mauro back on at this point? Honest question.