DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2020 - WEEK SEVEN

Dolfan in NYC

38 minutes ago, Infinit said:

I saw this last night and the first thing I thought about was the rollercoaster of emotions @RIPPAwas on over those few seconds lol

It's a game of HALF inches.  A pass is overthrown by half an inch and it completely changes the game.  The Giants are way better than their record.

13 minutes ago, DEAN said:

It's a game of HALF inches.  A pass is overthrown by half an inch and it completely changes the game.  The Giants are way better than their record.

Pretty much every sport is defined by miniscule differences.  Kawhi Leonard hit a fall away jumper that bounced on the rim four times to win a playoff series and he'll be a winner from that day forward.  The 76ers are forever losers.  If he doesn't make that shot, we talk about that 76ers team completely differently.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, supremebve said:

Pretty much every sport is defined by miniscule differences.  Kawhi Leonard hit a fall away jumper that bounced on the rim four times to win a playoff series and he'll be a winner from that day forward.  The 76ers are forever losers.  If he doesn't make that shot, we talk about that 76ers team completely differently.

Before he actually got inducted, there was lots of conversation about Kurt Warner being a HOFer because he had only one title. If Santonio Holmes gets only one foot down, Kurt's got two titles. Half-inches, indeed. 

2 hours ago, DEAN said:

You're totally right. I was talking specifically about the rollercoaster of emotions during that Daniel Jones run.

29 minutes ago, Infinit said:

You're totally right. I was talking specifically about the rollercoaster of emotions during that Daniel Jones run.

During that, I was like, "Oh shit, he pulled his hamstring."

• Haha 3

20 minutes ago, DEAN said:

During that, I was like, "Oh shit, he pulled his hamstring."

If it were me, there is no doubt in my mind that I would have 100% gotten up limping and holding my leg like I was actually hurt. Like when someone makes a wild throw and then rubs their hand like the ball was slippery but it was really just a bad throw.

Then every few plays I'd do that wresting sell where  I'd ball up my fist and pound on my leg to show everyone I was trying to will it into working right.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, jaedmc said:

If it were me, there is no doubt in my mind that I would have 100% gotten up limping and holding my leg like I was actually hurt. Like when someone makes a wild throw and then rubs their hand like the ball was slippery but it was really just a bad throw.

Then every few plays I'd do that wresting sell where  I'd ball up my fist and pound on my leg to show everyone I was trying to will it into working right.

Hell Yeah! 

Any class that I got to late I would go in the class limping so the teacher wouldn't mark me late. 

9 minutes ago, nofuture said:

If this goes thru, the Bucs are officially the best 2017 fantasy team.

One of my favorite things about sports is when dudes you never would never have any reason to interact end up being friends.  Tom Brady and Antonio Brown couldn't be more different, but Tom Brady is the only person I can think of who has had anything good to say about Antonio Brown over the last year.  

57 minutes ago, supremebve said:

One of my favorite things about sports is when dudes you never would never have any reason to interact end up being friends.  Tom Brady and Antonio Brown couldn't be more different, but Tom Brady is the only person I can think of who has had anything good to say about Antonio Brown over the last year.  

I think Tommy's basic standard is "does he run routes correctly and catch the ball? BFF!"

• Like 2

12 hours ago, jaedmc said:

Don't forget the bladejob.

It's why I've carried a blade on my keychain for the past 30 years.

Honestly, Jones tackling himself on that play was one of the most relatable things I've ever seen in football.

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Travis Sheldon said:

Honestly, Jones tackling himself on that play was one of the most relatable things I've ever seen in football.

A friend texted me when it happened and was like WTF? and my response was "I have never related to a professional athlete more"

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 10/23/2020 at 3:31 PM, Tabe said:

Before he actually got inducted, there was lots of conversation about Kurt Warner being a HOFer because he had only one title. If Santonio Holmes gets only one foot down, Kurt's got two titles. Half-inches, indeed. 

It was 2nd down so the Steelers had another shot at a TD, plus they were at the Cards 6 yard line so it would have been an easy FG on 4th down to tie it up and send it to OT. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mister TV said:

It was 2nd down so the Steelers had another shot at a TD, plus they were at the Cards 6 yard line so it would have been an easy FG on 4th down to tie it up and send it to OT. 

I prefer to not let facts get in the way of a good story. 

• Like 1