DVDVR Message Board

The Rugby Thread, 2nd Tackle

SirFozzie

Straight out of a movie. The finale of the women's Oceania Rugby Championship (Fiji vs Samoa). The last few minutes are insane, played in a BUCKETING rain storm, and it comes down to... no, seriously, watch this.

https://www.reddit.com/r/rugbyunion/comments/140koiv/dramatic_closing_minutes_of_fiji_w_vs_samoa_w_in/

Spoiler

THAT kick in a bucketing rain storm to win the tournament. Holy shit. In a just world, she'd never have to pay for a drink again.

Edited by SirFozzie

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
9 hours ago, SirFozzie said:

If you expected today's results, you lie.

Well, not the England being Omnishambles one. That one was pretty much a given, although losing to Wales is a bit of an eye raiser. Scotland over France though.

If you reverse Steve Borthwick's initials, it's much more accurate.

On 8/6/2023 at 2:23 AM, SirFozzie said:

If you expected today's results, you lie.

Well, not the England being Omnishambles one. That one was pretty much a given, although losing to Wales is a bit of an eye raiser. Scotland over France though.

Boreball.

11 hours ago, DangerMark said:

Meanwhile sometime England Head Coach and Thunderbirds villain cosplayer Eddie Jones told the journalists assembled for his pre-plane trip promo to "go give yourselves uppercuts."

Eddie Jones making more mates, I see.

I don't blame him this time, they kept askig stupid questions about Quade Cooper and frankly, I was more surprised to learn that Cooper had eighty caps than that he'd been dropped.

Spoiler

Michael Hooper was another surprise drop but I won't mention that: they say you should never interrupt an enemy while they're making a mistake.

This is a bizarre situation, but in words that I keep attributing to John Gibbs (but could have been someone else,) "it's very simple: you can't hit 'em in the melon." And if you do hit 'em in the melon, then you've gotta get your arm up like you're trying to pretend you're tackling the guy.

I have the tiniest bit of sympathy for Vunipola (well, more than I do for Farrell,) because Ireland seem to have this habit of running with their heads lower to the floor than other teams do. Full disclosure, I am still the tiniest bit salty after that Liam Williams yellow card in the Six Nations where Johnny Sexton appeared to my (admittedly Welsh,) eyes to run face first into Williams' shoulder.

Vunipola gets three games. At which point do you just not bring a suspended person to the world cup? They're going to miss half and three quarters of the group stage. Sure you'll have em for the knockouts, but um..with the two most important games versus Japan and Argentina right off the get-go, you might need someone to win one of those two games just to GET to the knockouts.