DVDVR Message Board

The Rugby Thread, 2nd Tackle

SirFozzie

• 2 months later...
Guest Jimbo_Tsuruta

Italy haven't won a Six Nations game since 2015 and are behind Georgia in the world rankings. Surely it's time to give the Georgians a crack in the competition instead. 

From what I saw of Italy today, if they start strong I'd back them in against Wales; but that could be their only chance because Scotland are not looking bad at all.

By the way, are we not going to mention Luke Cowan-Dickie forgetting what sport he was playing for a moment and going for a volleyball spike?

Guest Jimbo_Tsuruta
51 minutes ago, The Natural said:

@Jimbo_Tsuruta: My Dad supports Bradford Bulls and my Sister, Leeds Rhinos. Awkward as it sounds.

You're right, lucky they won't play each other in the SL anytime soon. Sheffield recently beat Bradford. Shame the league top brass don't want to encourage the game in England and just invite the likes of Catalans, Toronto and Toulouse over for the cash. 

Edited by Jimbo_Tsuruta

Guest Jimbo_Tsuruta
On 2/6/2022 at 2:48 PM, Jimbo_Tsuruta said:

Italy haven't won a Six Nations game since 2015 and are behind Georgia in the world rankings. Surely it's time to give the Georgians a crack in the competition instead. 

Italy lost 33-0 to England. What's Georgian for "give us a go"? 

Edit: roughly "მოგვცეს შანსი"

Edited by Jimbo_Tsuruta

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

On the subject of players sent off early, it's England vs. Ireland in the Six Nations right now and Charlie Ewels playing for England was given a straight red after 82 seconds. It's the fastest sending off ever in any iteration of the Four/Five/Six Nations.

3 minutes ago, SirFozzie said:

*Blinks at the halftime score between Italy and Wales*

I don't think it will last, but man, if it does, that should shut up a lot of folks.

Yeah, that score is an eyebrow raising eye opener. C'mon Italy!

56 minutes ago, SirFozzie said:

New heroes!

Last play of the game try to win it!!!!!;!

_123769564_cdf_190322_al_wales_v_italy_1

Before today Italy lost 36 consecutive Six Nations matches. Wales 21-22 Italy! First Six Nations win for Italy since 2015.

Edited by The Natural