DVDVR Message Board

The Rugby Thread, 2nd Tackle

SirFozzie

My thoughts on the Semis.

I put Wales as about a 10-14 point underdog to South Africa, and England a 7-10 point dog to New Zealand. 

It was one of the first games of the World Cup, and it'll probably be the last game of the world cup. South Africa-New Zealand.

(I'm more confident of South Africa then I am New Zealand. England's coming off an impressive win against a Southern Hemisphere team, and they showed that they can take the breaks when they become available. I don't think New Zealand will give as many breaks though, so New Zealand are my favorite. Wales have quite frankly not impressed me, needing a somewhat chancy try with five minutes left to beat France, so South Africa won't have any fear.

• Like 1

On 10/26/2019 at 5:04 AM, The Natural said:

Fancy England to pull off the upset against New Zealand. Going to take some doing. Winner of that goes on to lift the Rugby World Cup.

First prediction right not the second. South Africa are going to win the World Cup, 32-12 to them with 5 minutes left.

England peaked a week early. England have played four World Cup finals, 1-3 record.

Well, I'm heartbroken. I was 100% sure England would win based on form, we were the only country that didn't put a foot wrong the whole tournament. South Africa didn't show up until the final and they had our number from minute one. Wouldn't let us play, kept punishing us with penalties and we didn't have the ability to break away like NZ did against them. I knew the match was over when we had 25 phases and couldn't get the ball over the line despite being mm away.

• Like 1

Premiership champions Saracens docked the equivalent of 7 bonus point wins for salary cap shenanigans.

Safe to say if the punishment stands, they'll do well to avoid relegation. (22 game season)

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2019/nov/05/saracens-docked-35-points-and-5m-fine-for-salary-cap-breach?CMP=share_btn_tw

Edited by SirFozzie

Was that for Konnan's rap video?

I can't see Saracen's getting relegated, their second-string team has been outstanding so far this season and they pretty much walked over Gloucester this weekend.

No idea what's happening with my Harlequins though. Was excited for this season with Rugby League legend Sean Long being brought into the coaching staff but every game so far it's like they switch off at half time/60 minutes in and get beat.

Hell of a comeback by Bristol this weekend too, 17-0 down at half time to come back and beat Exeter 20-17.

Another big loss for Leicester this week too, they've gotta be relegation favourites? Don't seem to have learned much from last season

• 1 month later...

Interesting days in English Rugby League.

Encouraged by the Toronto Wolfpack making the English Super League, new teams are applying to join the third level of English Rugby League in 2021. None of them are English. Ottawa, New York City and... Red Star Belgrade.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2020/jan/10/red-star-belgrade-plan-join-new-york-ottowa-rugby-league

10 minutes ago, SirFozzie said:

Interesting days in English Rugby League.

Encouraged by the Toronto Wolfpack making the English Super League, new teams are applying to join the third level of English Rugby League in 2021. None of them are English. Ottawa, New York City and... Red Star Belgrade.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2020/jan/10/red-star-belgrade-plan-join-new-york-ottowa-rugby-league

Is RUNY the NYC club or is this going to be a brand new team?