DVDVR Message Board

The Rugby Thread, 2nd Tackle

SirFozzie

He should resign. That's what Wayne Smith did after Australia broke New Zealand fans' hearts in 2001, and he's a much better coach than Foster's ever been. 

EDIT: Forgot to congratulate Ireland. Been a better team than us since 2016. 

Edited by ohtani's jacket
  • Like 1

So, looks like the Euro Champions Cup will.. just not finish and have no champion in 2024-25. Instead, the teams that would normally make the knockout rounds will advance to a proposed Rugby Club World Cup featuring 8 Northern (plus South African) teams, 7 Southern Hemisphere teams, and one international (believed to be Japan)

https://12ft.io/proxy?q=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.telegraph.co.uk%2Frugby-union%2F2022%2F07%2F20%2Fexclusive-club-world-cup-format-agreed-tournament-start-2025%2F%3Futm_content%3Dsport%26utm_medium%3DSocial%26utm_campaign%3DEchobox%26utm_source%3DTwitter%23Echobox%3D1658336542

Gloucester lock Ed Slater has been diagnosed with motor neurone disease (MND) and has retired from rugby union with immediate effect. Horrible illness. MND, Cancer and Alzheimer's are the diseases I dread the most. Thoughts go out to Slater, his family and friends xxx.

Edited by The Natural

Ian Foster survives for now. Two assistant coaches were thrown under the bus, and NZ Rugby pinched the forwards coach from the Crusaders, who ironically are coached by the man everyone wants to replace Foster, Scott Robertson. The All Blacks are flying to South Africa in a week or so for their first tests in the Republic since 2018. More losses on the way!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The All Blacks play South Africa tonight in Mbombela. It's the first time New Zealand have played in South Africa since 2018. Ian Foster has allegedly been told the All Blacks need to win one of their two tests in South Africa for him to keep his job. It's rare that the All Blacks are this big of an undog against the Boks. Frankly, I think we're on a hiding to nothing. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ohtani's jacket said:

The All Blacks play South Africa tonight in Mbombela. It's the first time New Zealand have played in South Africa since 2018. Ian Foster has allegedly been told the All Blacks need to win one of their two tests in South Africa for him to keep his job. It's rare that the All Blacks are this big of an undog against the Boks. Frankly, I think we're on a hiding to nothing. 

I do as well.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So MLR announced next season will have 12 teams, welcoming a team in Chicago, and sadly waving GET THE FUCK OUT to Adam Gilchrist's two teams (Austin and LA). Well, to be accurate, waving Get the fuck out to Gilchrist, not his teams. Sad that two rugby areas will be without teams for the next season.

On 10/15/2022 at 10:59 PM, odessasteps said:

This isn't my bag, but listening to 5 Live, it's funny to have the two styles both having a World Cup at the same time, even if one is men and the other is women. 

Rugby League is having just about every world cup it possibly can right now; the Men have started already, with the group stages coming to an end this weekend. The Women start Tuesday, I think; there's Wheelchair and Physical Disability comps running, too.

No surprises in any of the results of the Men's competition so far, although Wales almost stole a draw from the Cook Islands.

• 2 weeks later...

Two absolutely wonderful matches, one from each code, as the Women's World Cup Final (New Zealand-England) and the Men's Rugby League World Cup Semi-Final (Australia-New Zealand) both were great games. Won't spoil them, but if you can get a hold of them, WATCH them.

Doddie Weir, former Scotland rugby union player has passed at 52 after suffering from motor neurone disease. Horrible disease. Thoughts go out to his family and friends at this difficult time xxx.

Edited by The Natural