DVDVR Message Board

The Rugby Thread, 2nd Tackle

SirFozzie

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

And a double dang! Scotland beat France, denying France even the losing bonus point, meaning that it all comes down to the final scheduled week of the Six Nations,with France taking on Ireland and England taking on Italy, and England knowing that if they better France's result, they take home the title.

edit: Ireland can still take home the title too, if they win their last two games with bonus point wins.

Edited by SirFozzie

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The NRL has a "plan" in mind for dealing with coronavirus. Putting all the teams players on an island and keep them isolated, except when they're shipped over to the mainland to play the game.

Who knows, it might be the Rugby/Survivor crossover we've (never) dreamed of.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2020/apr/03/nrl-and-players-open-to-island-proposal-to-get-season-back-underway?CMP=share_btn_tw

Edited by SirFozzie

• 1 month later...

I love the intent behind the rule, but so far it seems like it has let teams keep the pressure on the defenders and run away with games. I saw Thursday and Friday's matches and they started close and turned into panellings by the end, and the only team who deserved it was Gold Coast.

Hopefully teams will adjust and we can get some close games.

Edited by DangerMark

Yeah, I think the that this might actually favor the smaller teams because usually, you got the Six-Again call in a situation where the defenders were on their heels, and trying for a couple extra seconds breather. Lets the Smaller/fitter teams show off. I was afraid rugby league was going the same way Union had (the beefing up of the pack, etcetera)

Was certainly a factor in the Newcastle/Penrith game yesterday. Once the Knights started getting repeat sets largely from that rule (and I think one slightly charitable penalty), changed the game entirely. 

Watching golden point though when I had money on the Knights, and it's two retards trying to fuck a doorknob with field goals........yeesh.

• 2 weeks later...

Was so weird to see a full crowd at the Chiefs-Highlanders game.. (good to see the Super Rugby games are on the main ESPN networks).. then I heard that they could have a crowd because they hadn't had a single new case of COVID-19 (at all), in 21 days.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Because the Six Nations got cancelled or something, would someone mind explaining to me how New South Wales lost Origin I? I don't expect that to continue with the respective levels of talent (come on, what good can come from getting Ben Hunt on the field?) but after that, who knows? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...