DVDVR Message Board

¡Raw es El Gran Gordo! - 10/19/2020

Dolfan in NYC

Too bad it’s all for naught and they’re beyond dead and buried, because Ali’s promo was the highlight of this show, the best of his career, tied up a loose end and lended Retirbution both credibility and a unique advantage over their opponents (knowing their secrets/weaknesses).

Oh well, hopefully at least someone was paying attention and this means good things for the guy in the future. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Well, I guess Retribution didn't need to actually win matches, or fight back, and stuff. 

So WWE is doing the same wrong thing with Retribution as they've done with every other invasion/outsider angle they've done? Quelle surprise

• Like 2

When Retribution first came out I thought, oh great we're getting the wish.com rehash of the Shield/Wyatts feud. Nope, not even that. Shame they had to have Ali give one of the best promos of his career after the angle is dead and buried.

Dug the Styles/Riddle match. Lee/Strowman should have been given more than that.

Retribution vs. Hurt Business was actually fun while it lasted. The loss and post-match angle makes me wonder/hope they have maybe given up on the group, but Ali's promo has me worried they still think there is life there.

AJ gettign the the Underground's bouncer as his bodyguard is neat.

Lana/Asuka was pretty much the same type of match Lana had with Naomi as champ on Smackdown years ago where she was schooled quickly though she did get a moment or two to try and impress. I continue to enjoy her going through a table each week.

I assume the impromptu 4-way tag was a way to reboot the women's tag division a bit. It wasn't bad though I'm kind of annoyed Peyton is in another tag team already instead of the supposed signals push they broke her and Billie up for. Just makes that decision even more pointless bs.

El Gran Gordo was fun, and the Miz's promo before the tag match was pretty nice. I only wish Lucha House Party randomly celebrated with Tucker and Gordo post match.

Braun/Lee kind of pissed me off with how short it was and the finish. At the same time I kind of did like the post match with Lee returning the favor for the low blow and talking trash to Braun.

First thing I see is Riddle. They sure are batting a thousand with me. 

Who was the enormous dude with AJ? I was too lazy to unmute it. 

T-Bag continuously fiddling with his mask while getting beat up was funny. Maybe it was coming off on him. Would have been a great "We know who that is!" moment.

They can give us Braun/Lee every week and I will watch it every time. Inject that shit into my veins. BEEF~!

They never gave the big guy with AJ a name even when he was on Raw Underground as Shane's bouncer.  Shane would have been hyping the hell out of him if he had a name.

Despite missing the first half hour of RAW, it turns out I really didn't miss anything of importance. The letters S.O.S. came to mind while watching RAW. Same Old Shit (though when I initially thought of it I was thinking Same Old Situation by Motley Crue).

It's clear that they didn't give any actual thought as to who should go where and why. I really hope the whole Otis thing ends up with him on RAW because I could never in a million years believe he could ever cash in on Roman. Miz winning the briefcase in a match where Otis shocks the hell out of everyone and looks good in defeat would be best for everyone. I doubt we'll get that though.

For the three minutes they got, Lana vs. Asuka was good. The only pay off to the Lana getting put through a table thing is she and a partner end up beating Shayna/Nia. Why they broke up her and Nattie I don't know. They actually were working together.

There is so much about this show that was terrible tonight. I'm glad I missed the retribution bit. They'll be dead before Survivor Series.

4 minutes ago, Phantom Lord said:

They never gave the big guy with AJ a name even when he was on Raw Underground as Shane's bouncer.  Shane would have been hyping the hell out of him if he had a name.

Dumbest moment of Raw. The announcers going "Who is that?" and 'This giant human being with AJ Styles", meanwhile the chyron as AJ came out read "AJ Styles w/ Jordan Omogbehin"

I think Alexa Bliss looks rejuvenated in the Fiendess role. Probably gonna sell a lot more merch, too.

I assume the Peyton-Evans team is leading to them feuding, given their pre-match awkwardness.

I wonder if there is an endgame with Lana. I actually thought Asuka was going to save her from the table spot tonight and form a weird odd couple team with her. 

Underrated Move: Big Jordan stopping the ref from doing the "I am ejecting you" ref high spot. Few are able to get away from that move!

Okay...like...Riddle is awful and we all know, but, holy shit even without that more important thing, they really have done an amazing job at making him look like a dork that no average person can't think is cool/interesting

Happy for Alexa that she will sell a shit ton of merchandise in this character, but her this mix of Harley Quinn mixed with Zombie Angelina Love is lol

34 minutes ago, caley said:

I wonder if there is an endgame with Lana. I actually thought Asuka was going to save her from the table spot tonight and form a weird odd couple team with her. 

If that happens then they need to have conversations where Asuka only speaks Japanese and Lana only speaks English, but somehow they understand each other. And they put other people through tables instead.

• Like 1

OMG Retribution feels like a rib at this point. I'm not sure on whom exactly, but it does feel like some meta-Russo thing now.

Tall man is tall. Can we call him Jordan Omg?

Elias did crack me up with 'I love none of you', but I'm not sure how many ppl would have sat through that performance (I didn't)

The rest of the show feels pretty stale already.....like yeah pairing Bliss with The Fiend is cool, but not really sure where any of it goes.

From the little I have seen of the show,  basically RAW is now Smackdown with a few new people and Smackdown is now RAW with Roman Reigns.    I guess it is up to you whether the increase/decrease of an hour is a good thing or not.  Frankly 2 hours of RAW wouldn't be a bad thing but 3 hours of Smackdown sounds like hell

• Haha 1