DVDVR Message Board

THE 2020 WORLD SERIES - TAMPA BAY vs. LOS ANGELES

Dolfan in NYC

1 hour ago, twiztor said:

i've been a Devil Rays fan since '98. this year has me incredibly excited, even moreso than 2008.

how often does the World Series include the two teams with the best records in baseball?

#RaysUp

Up until 1969, a lot ?

Since then, not so much.  Last time it happened was 2013 when Boston and St. Louis both had 97 wins.

Edited by Tabe
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

I wonder how much money the Red Sox felt they needed to save when they see Mookie having this kind of game. 

They weren't going to win another title with him anyway.  And his last two years weren't close to 2018.

Edited by Tabe

I truly couldn't believe what I was watching. Then I started laughing.  But then I thought of all the shit Buckner caught for a couple decades.  Man that was awesome and also cruel.  

So many things..   yet another October game decided by a no name bench player.  Always happens that way.   Taylor booting the ball sets the whole thing in motion as Arozarena decides to take a hard turn past third and tumbles over,   Will Smith misses the cutoff throw...  unbelievable.  

5 hours ago, Kuetsar said:

Have we made all the jokes about how the new Rangers stadium looks like the Sportatorium yet?

Joe Buck ripping off his mask to reveal that he’s Marc Lowrance, without any change in his vocal inflection, and soberly announcing that the next World Series game will be contested as a Captain’s Match...

Edited by Hamhock
  • Haha 1

One of the joys of watching the postseason on MLB.tv is the repetitive ads; I do enjoy seeing a deadpan-expressioned Johnny Bench hoist seven hamburgers into the air, however.

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

Manfred is getting booed so much, I want him to tell the fans to "stick it, brother.", just because this season couldn't be any weirder.

Also, Turner gets a mid game positive test? That's a bit strange. So like, all of these dudes now, who were in the dugout are just freely (presumably) spreading it?

Edited by PetrolCB