DVDVR Message Board

AEW Dynamite - 10/14/2020 - 1st Anniversary!

Dolfan in NYC

15 minutes ago, Web Conn said:

Ok hear me out what if Archer beats Moxley?

Mox has to lose sometime and Archer is as good an option as any right now. The way he destroys randos on the way to the ring is awesome, his matches have been great, his promos are better every week, and they're limiting Jake to pre-shot stuff so they can wrangle him. It's all good stuff. I'm a Moxley fan so I hope he retains which begs the question, what does Lance do if he loses? Get shuffled back onto Dark for a few months?

• Like 2

They have set up the two men's singles title matches really well, with Cody coming in beat up after the dog collar match and Mox coming off wars against Kingston and The Butcher. It gives storyline credibility to the chance that either title could change hands. I'm excited to see what happens.

2 hours ago, Casey said:

Shida losing the title to Big Swole of all people would be massively disappointing.

I don't think it would be considering they're going to likely put it on Britt probably some time soon since she's healthy now. A quick transitional reign is not going to be to worse thing to ever happen. This ain't the era where folks are getting Dory Funk Jr. long NWA title reigns.

Edited by Elsalvajeloco

15 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

I don't think it would be considering they're going to likely put it on Britt probably some time soon since she's healthy now. A quick transitional reign is not going to be to worse thing to ever happen. This ain't the era where folks are getting Dory Funk Jr. long NWA title reigns.

Oh, I know, it just seems like they’ve barely started with her title reign even though it actually happened in... what, May? Maybe if they put it on Swole the title will actually be featured on television and Dark ??‍♂️

Just now, Casey said:

Oh, I know, it just seems like they’ve barely started with her title reign even though it actually happened in... what, May? Maybe if they put it on Swole the title will actually be featured on television and Dark ??‍♂️

My point exactly ?

If the girls are only given 5 minutes of TV time (if we're not counting Anna Jay out there for Dark Order matches), it's not like you're sacrificing big programs for someone who came out of nowhere. Swole beats Shida (I do expect Shida to win though), Britt beats Swole at Full Gear or not too long after that, and then everyone chases the evil heel. That way you can at least get something going.

• Like 1

Absolutely bonkers that the pandemic led to an opening for AEW to bring in indie talent, which led to Twitter campaigns for certain guys to challenge Cody, which brought in Eddie Kingston, who then got signed because he showed he fuckin’ deserved it, and he’s in a World Title program that’s going to main event one of AEW’s only four PPV shows.

Insanity.

• Like 10

So Archer's now finished as a credible threat, right? 43 year old; beaten by Cody in a physical battle to take the initial rug from under him. Now just had his finisher no-sold into a roll up pin. Put him in a squash monster-tag team otherwise he's pretty much pointless here now.

Edited by A_K
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Felt like a lot of yuks going on here tonight. Stuff that lost me too, like the Cody match, and the women's match (Shida has not had a single match I like still). The main could have even been more vicious but at least Archer was throwing dem bows and got a chair tossed in his face. 

• Like 1

Wardlow vs. Jungle Boy and the Lucha Bros fightin' each other. Gimme that. Omega vs. either of the bros and Wardlow vs. Hangman in the second. Yes, please! The tournament has  a lot of good stuff on tap. 

Didn't really love the show. I just don't think I'm diggin' modern wrestling for a hot second, especially during the pandemic. Tried to watch For the Culture and while there was some good, there is just so much contrived bullshit and the lack of good crowds is suddenly hitting me again. As for tonight, Cody/Orange was pretty good but I could do without the rest. Obviously I am very happy Kingston is getting another shot but Moxley not working the big names strikes again. Sucks that Mox/Archer was rushed at the end to make time for the angle. Will Bucks/FTR headline the PPV?