DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2020 - WEEK SIX

RIPPA

Of course we are gonna start the week with a positive test result

Falcons DT Marlon Davidson has tested positive

So not only will they being doing the enhanced protocols the Carolina Panthers will be also since they played against the Falcons last week.

The "good" news at least for the Panthers is that Davidson doesn't play a lot - and he was only on the field for 17 plays.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

The NFL announced that there will be no Pro Bowl this year

How will we ever be able to justify Hall of Fame cases now

Don't worry Phil, sounds like they still plan to announce the pro bowl teams.

They should pick the teams and then work out some sort of fantasy Twitch/Redzone stream with a couple of Madden gamers.

Hype it up, try and get a big esports vibe. Maybe hold a mini tourney with a top 8 invited to participate and the 2 winners get to help their 'Pro Coach' with team selection.

Bit of fan engagement couldn't hurt.

Edited by L_W_P
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Don't worry Phil, sounds like they still plan to announce the pro bowl teams.

One plus is that the guys who make the teams will actually be the "top" guys instead of the 7th string quarterback because the first 6 are "hurt". 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Well hopefully Dan Quinn and all the other people fired didn't have COVID because getting rid of them on the week of testing seems risky.   Actually waiting until the last  minute to fuck something up and get COVID is the most Falcons thing possible.   

• Like 1

Assuming it's for the minimum, I like the move for KC. Best case scenario, having a better line and weapons around him helps him look more like he did in Pittsburgh, and if that happens, he makes that offense even scarier.

If not, they have the talent to absorb a few weeks of struggles and then move in a different direction.

34 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

Assuming it's for the minimum, I like the move for KC. Best case scenario, having a better line and weapons around him helps him look more like he did in Pittsburgh, and if that happens, he makes that offense even scarier.

If not, they have the talent to absorb a few weeks of struggles and then move in a different direction.

Bell being the only real threat in a New York Jets offense is probably a bad idea, but Bell being the 4th or 5th threat in a Chiefs offense is fucking terrifying.  Bell is younger than you think and has low mileage over the last few years.  Honestly, I'd be surprised if he doesn't have something left in the tank.  He just had no way of knowing based on that horrid Jets offense.

12 hours ago, dogwelder said:

ESPN's reporting that Le'Veon Bell will be signing with the Chiefs

I wonder who is more pissed off right now, all the AFC teams not the Patriots who for the 2nd time this year has made a really strong team a whole lot stronger or people who seriously over paid for that rookie RB and thought it was totally worth it after week 1 

44 minutes ago, dogwelder said:

Colts closed their practice facility after several positive COVID tests.

I am shocked - SHOCKED - that the NFL's scatter shot protocols aren't working

• Like 3