DVDVR Message Board

Hell in a Cell XII - 10/25/2020

Dolfan in NYC

Truth-Gulak and who knows who else will trade the belt all show to kill time.  I have to disagree with some. I think Orton-Drew should be in a cell but WWE has done a shit job at explaining why. 

So for once Orton as a heel should want the cell as it took interference from all the legends to help beat Orton in the ambulance match. He should have been the one suggesting the cell not Drew.  I also think this will be the most boring of the 3 cell matches but it could have had a better build had WWE/Orton used the previous statement as their rationale. 

Props to them for crafting three Cell matches that were all very different, but all good. The opener and women’s matches were better than the main, but you can’t argue with Roman and Randy as the top two guys given the work they’ve put in. 

I suspect the Reigns/Usos feud and matches might be divisive due to their story-based nature and methodical pace, but I loved all this shit. Everyone involved in this whole thing should take a bow. 

• Like 5

Just now, For Great Justice said:

but you can’t argue with Roman and Randy as the top two guys given the work they’ve put in. 

Oh, you definitely can. I like Orton more than most, but there's no real reason to have Randy Orton as your champion in 2020.

• Like 1

Roman/Uso was fine and I'm a big fan of Roman's current character trajectory but I couldn't care less about this feud. The other Uso not turning was kind of surprising, but maybe Roman takes him out next?

Speaking of turns, Tucker's was completely unsurprising.

The women's match was probably the best of the show, but not the best outing Sasha and Bayley have had.

I kind of zoned out during the main event as it was just so plodding. Randy Orton holding the world title is something nobody cares about. The possibility of an Orton/Miz title match or program is all the more reason to not pay attention to Raw.

Edited by HumanChessgame

Aside from Bayley vs. Sasha being a highlight..   I really liked the storytelling with Roman vs. Jey Uso but I'm seeing others around the webs disliking that match.  I thought Roman was brilliant and the Usos were good too.   I loved both of those cell matches.  McIntyre vs. Orton I was lukewarm on. 

• Like 2

Nothing like the approval from the Samoan elders when such family savagery is shown.

Once again, the women carry the PPV in the ring.  Great match between Sasha and Bayley, just two people beating the hell out of each other.

Edited by nofuture
  • Like 3