DVDVR Message Board

Hell in a Cell XII - 10/25/2020

Dolfan in NYC

So many cell matches...  

THE CARD!

HELL IN A CELL MATCHES

"I QUIT" MATCH FOR THE WWE UNIVERSAL CHAMPIONSHIP - Roman Reigns (c) vs. Jey Uso

FOR THE SMACKDOWN WOMEN'S CHAMPIONSHIP - Bayley (c) vs. Sasha Banks

FOR THE WWE CHAMPIONSHIP - Drew McIntyre (c) vs. Randy Orton

NON-HitC MATCHES

FOR THE MONEY IN THE BANK CONTRACT - Otis (incumbent) vs. The Miz

Elias vs. Jeff Hardy

"The Fiend" Bray Wyatt vs. T-Bar

Dominick Mysterio vs. Seth Rollins *

* - Probable

• Like 1

This is one I'll be watching at stupid o'clock in the morning UK time for Bayley vs. Sasha Banks mainly and Roman Reigns vs. Jey Uso. We've gone over this before but I miss Hell in a Cell used for the hottest feuds and to end them.

• Like 1

I'm probably going to reorder the network just for this. Bayley/Sasha is one of the best feuds in the history of wrestling when you consider NXT. There is so much intricate stuff with it:

1) Sasha went from being "just happy to be there" to The Boss, which was often times very clearly a mask she put on to hide her insecurities and gave her a reason to cheat and be vicious.

2) Sasha was Bayley's chief antagonist in beating down Bayley's confidence. 

3) Bayley had to stay in NXT while she watched her peers get called up to Raw. And to regain her confidence, she had to overcome her most cunning opponent. She did in one of the greatest matches in wrestling history.

4) Then Bayley reasserted herself and beat Sasha in another all-time great match, which saw Sasha at her absolute best/worst, until the dramatic end where mutual respect was finally shared.

5) Their on-off WWE relationship that saw them crowned the first Women's tag team champs. 

6) Sasha's return where she convinced Bayley to turn to the darkside to attack Becky Lynch with a chair.

7) Bayley's full embrace of the darkside, with the two of them running the whole company and being the best heels in decades. But this time, Bayley usurped the lead and made Sasha do her bidding in many cases.

8 Bayley's turn on Sasha, which was extra vicious and terrible and brutal. 

What a ridiculously intense arc. With their history and the characters and emotions tied into this, I'm expecting this to be a MOTYC. I know that's a really lofty expectation, but they've earned it. 

• Like 2

3 HITC matches is too much. Honestly Orton/Drew has lost enough steam for me that I just don't really have a lot of interest seeing them wrestle again let alone in the cell. Roman/Jey is definitely excessive, but at the time I don't quite mind it just for the story and punishment factor. Sasha/Bayley is the match that makes the most sense for the stip. I just wish they had maybe had Bayley beat down Sasha a month earlier than she originally did to give this more time to breathe up to this point.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

I haven't watched any of these Cell matches since they changed to the ugly and vision-obscuring red cage and wonder how hard it is for a crowd to watch these things now. Not like they have to worry about that right now of course.

Ooph, between the Thunderdome and the Cell that'll be a tough watch, let alone Kevin Dunn's insane lighting racks and camera zooms. Even if the substance wasn't infuriating, I'm not sure I could watch with that busy a presentation.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

I haven't watched any of these Cell matches since they changed to the ugly and vision-obscuring red cage and wonder how hard it is for a crowd to watch these things now. Not like they have to worry about that right now of course.

511BAcJBDbL._SX300_.jpg

Red crate Hell in a Cell sucks.

The original Hell in a Cell is still the best of the three:

Hell-in-a-Cell-1997-WWE-Network-e1507210

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

My top ten Hell in a Cell matches:

1. Shawn Michaels vs. The Undertaker. In Your House 18: Badd Blood 1997. *****. Best match of BOTH men's careers. A true classic.

2. Brock Lesnar vs. The Undertaker. No Mercy 2002. *****.

3. The Undertaker vs. Triple H. WrestleMania XXVIII. *****.

4. The Undertaker vs. Mankind. King of the Ring 1998.

5. Batista vs. The Undertaker. Survivor Series 2007.

6. Batista vs. Triple H. Vengeance 2005.

7. Kurt Angle vs. Steve Austin vs. The Rock vs. The Undertaker vs. Triple H vs. Rikishi. Armageddon 2000.

8. Becky Lynch vs. Sasha Banks. Hell in a Cell 2019.

9. The Usos vs. The New Day. Hell in a Cell 2017.

10. Brock Lesnar vs. The Undertaker. Hell in a Cell 2015. 

17 minutes ago, The Natural said:

1. Shawn Michaels vs. The Undertaker. In Your House 18: Badd Blood 1997. *****. Best match of BOTH men's careers. A true classic.

2. Brock Lesnar vs. The Undertaker. No Mercy 2002. *****.

3. The Undertaker vs. Triple H. WrestleMania XXVIII. *****.

4. The Undertaker vs. Mankind. King of the Ring 1998.

5. Batista vs. The Undertaker. Survivor Series 2007.

6. Batista vs. Triple H. Vengeance 2005.

7. Kurt Angle vs. Steve Austin vs. The Rock vs. The Undertaker vs. Triple H vs. Rikishi. Armageddon 2000.

8. Becky Lynch vs. Sasha Banks. Hell in a Cell 2019.

9. The Usos vs. The New Day. Hell in a Cell 2017.

10. Brock Lesnar vs. The Undertaker. Hell in a Cell 2015. 

Out of the people in your top 10, what would be the match you'd want to see the most, but it never happened? Or hasn't happened yet and most likely never will at this point?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Shartnado said:

Out of the people in your top 10, what would be the match you'd want to see the most, but it never happened? Or hasn't happened yet and most likely never will at this point?

Using a time machine, I feel like 1998 Mankind vs 2002 Lesnar would have been something to see.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Shartnado said:

The Undertaker vs. Eddie Guerrero.

The Undertaker vs. Sting.

Eddie Guerrero vs. Shawn Michaels.

Mankind vs. Brock Lesnar.

1 hour ago, kafkonia said:

Using a time machine, I feel like 1998 Mankind vs 2002 Lesnar would have been something to see.

If there indeed is a time machine, I'd even go as far as to throw '96 Mankind off the cell...erm, I mean into that match!

Or...1996 Shawn Michaels vs 2002 Brock! That would be a massacre too, more so, if HBK throws a tantrum!

Edited by Shartnado
HBK - Lesnar came to mind

9 minutes ago, The Natural said:

The Undertaker vs. Eddie Guerrero.

The Undertaker vs. Sting.

Eddie Guerrero vs. Shawn Michaels.

Mankind vs. Brock Lesnar.

This is awesome line up, but I guess I should have specified the question a little bit more. I originally meant to ask: Out of the people in your top 10 Hell in a Cell matches, who would you like to see in a Hell in a Cell match that never happened? All of the above would probably be amazing, but Eddie-HBK would be quite interesting affair inside a Cell.

On 10/17/2020 at 10:10 AM, The Natural said:

That match is SO friggin' great. Also, it's ridiculously important because it introduced Kane as a character. Who knows what would have happened if Kane didn't come in so strongly. But he managed to have a 20-year career, and I think him causing the end of an epic match launched him into the stratosphere immediately and he had the talent to just keep it going after that. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1