DVDVR Message Board

THE 2020 WWE DRAFT - 10/9 & 10/12/2020

Kang

Andrade will stay on RAW to be with Charlotte. Likewise, Zelina moves to SD to stay with Aleister. Mickie was showing up under SD's banner on WWE's website. We'll see if that sticks.

They need to send a few women to SD, but that show is built for massive potential. The only real dead weight on that roster so far is Lars.

EDIT: I forgot how Fiend/Alexa hit the stereo Sisters Abigail on Andrade/Zelina. So Zelina may stay on RAW for a bit? (shrugs)

Edited by Burgundy LaRue

I called the ending to the battle royal the second Lana went through that table without being eliminated.

Yet another WWE battle royal where the supposed final two end up on the apron and do a bunch of hokey spots instead of trying to get back into the ring followed by the wrestler who spent the entire match outside the ring coming in for the "shocking" final elimination while the announcers exclaim that they forgot all about them, yet no one watching is actually surprised because this awful trope has been done to death.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, StevieNippz said:

So the respective tag champs just traded belts? I'm only going off of results I read but that sounds really confusing

Yes.  Literally.  They did a segment where New Day handed the Profits the blue belts and the Street Profits handed New Day the red belts.  

I'm generally ok with the people drafted. Fiend and Braun being gone from Smackdown works for me. Neither really work well with Roman as heel champ. Bryan being drafted in the second round makes me hopeful that he will be back on tv soon. Ruas and Kato being officially on the main roster is nice enough though I would have preferred one of them headed to Smackdown. The people switched around should freshen up the shows somewhat though I really hope they let some feuds die.

Street Profits and New Day just trading belts slightly amuses me for some reason. New Day vs. Roode/Ziggler was solid.

Ricochet pulling an Eddie in his feud ender with the Hurt Business was probably the most interesting thing he has done since joining the main roster. The look of murder on MVP's face was wonderful.

The battle royale was actually fun if only for the first half focused on Nia. Lana getting put through the table by Nia has become a running gag, and I'm ok with that. Her actually winning was surprising. Will be interesting to see if she is murdered by Asuka in two minutes or if they actually give her a chance to impress.

I kind of want Mandy's & Dana's tag team name to be Sexy Muscle Friends now after Asuka kept referring to them as that on commentary.

2 hours ago, TheVileOne said:

Is Lana being punished?

Is winning a main event on Raw for a title shot at Asuka a punishment?

Edited by Eivion

5 minutes ago, Eivion said:

I'm generally ok with the people drafted. Fiend and Braun being gone from Smackdown works for me. Neither really work well with Roman as heel champ. Bryan being drafted in the second round makes me hopeful that he will be back on tv soon. Ruas and Kato being officially on the main roster is nice enough though I would have preferred one of them headed to Smackdown. The people switched around should freshen up the shows somewhat though I really hope they let some feuds die.

Street Profits and New Day just trading belts slightly amuses me for some reason. New Day vs. Roode/Ziggler was solid.

Ricochet pulling an Eddie in his feud ender with the Hurt Business was probably the most interesting thing he has done since joining the main roster. The look of murder on MVP's face was wonderful.

The battle royale was actually fun if only for the first half focused on Nia. Lana getting put through the table by Nia has become a running gag, and I'm ok with that. Her actually winning was surprising. Will be interesting to see if she is murdered by Asuka in two minutes or if they actually give her a chance to impress.

I kind of want Mandy's & Dana's tag team name to be Sexy Muscle Friends now after Asuak kept referring to them as that on commentary.

Is winning a main event on Raw for a title shot at Asuka a punishment?

Probably. Asuka's probably going to smoosh her.

Edited by TheVileOne

3 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

Probably. Lana's probably going to smoosh her.

Huh? I'm assuming you meant Asuka squashing Lana which by all rights she should, but I still wouldn't be shocked if she doesn't.

Edited by Eivion

So is this the unofficial Raw thread for tonight? Because I want to say the devil skull with inverted cross on Ziggler's tights along with see-through rips that show the American flag underneath is just about the dumbest thing Ziggler's ever wore besides the "Megadeath" patch. I guess he wants to celebrate the season while also Rocking the Vote?

EDIT: Oh and the Ricochet match finish was hilarious indeed. Great sell. 

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Like 1

I don't even watch the shows at all, but shouldn't Elias be going after Sheamus and not Jeff Hardy or is he supposed to be an idiot? Or am I the idiot and confusing angles.

Edited by Ryan

7 hours ago, D.Z said:

Billie Kay, Zelina, Tamina to Smackdown. Erik the Viking Raider to Raw.

So RAW was so disappointed with Zelina losing to Asuka they let her walk to SDL

1 hour ago, Ryan said:

I don't even watch the shows at all, but shouldn't Elias be going after Sheamus and not Jeff Hardy or is he supposed to be an idiot? Or am I the idiot and confusing angles.

You're the idiot for expecting logic from WWE storylines or expecting WWE wrestlers to watch the product to know simple things like, who was really responsible for running Elias over.

There was a SDL episode that opened with Elias getting hit by a drunk driver who was supposedly Jeff Hardy

Turned out that Sheamus set up Hardy

(Elias was hurt so that was the angle they used to write him out)

3 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

There was a SDL episode that opened with Elias getting hit by a drunk driver who was supposedly Jeff Hardy

Turned out that Sheamus set up Hardy

(Elias was hurt so that was the angle they used to write him out)

A likely story! I bet it was Jeff Hardy. He should get what's coming to him. Probably from Elias.