DVDVR Message Board

THE 2020 WWE DRAFT - 10/9 & 10/12/2020

Kang

7 minutes ago, AxB said:

Why would anyone who had the option of drafting all three of the New Day only draft one or two of them? Like if it cost three picks to take all three of them I could understand, but they said teams count as one pick unless you want to split them. If they wanted Woods and Kofi as a team and Big E as a singles, you could still draft them as a team and still split them.

That giant logic hole was there last year too since I was like "I know we bitched about this last year" so I looked back and the thread and yup - they had Alexa Bliss and Nikki Cross as single picks to the same brand despite the fact they were a tag team.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, D.Z said:

Retaliation has reverted back to being Mercedes Martinez again and WWE moved her back to NXT and she is no longer part of Retribution.

While I'm glad she is no longer saddled with Retribution I'm pissed they screwed up her NXT run with this shit.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

While its clear that Mercedes is no longer part of the group (and they are going with only one female member if you go by Mustafa Ali's tweets) what is weird is that Mia Yim is still under NXT too and Ali is still under Smackdown.

Basically - using the WWE website rosters was a weird way for news sites to figure it out (though they ended up being right)

Ali has been on Raw for like 3 months or so now. How damn lazy are they about updating?

10 hours ago, Phantom Lord said:

I thought the first night of the draft was dumb. I don't get why people all ready on their respective shows were drafted to stay on their shows. 

You’re over thinking it. Logically, a) brands pick their own people to keep them from being taken by the other show and if brands couldn’t draft their own people, then there would be complaints like “Why didn’t Raw draft Roman Reigns?” or more likely b) the way this draft was set up everyone is essentially a free agent at this point and up to be drafted, which is supported by the fact that people who aren’t drafted becoming free agents.

37 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

That giant logic hole was there last year too since I was like "I know we bitched about this last year" so I looked back and the thread and yup - they had Alexa Bliss and Nikki Cross as single picks to the same brand despite the fact they were a tag team.

Having GMs who suck at drafting is one of the more realistic things they’ve done.

59 minutes ago, AxB said:

Why would anyone who had the option of drafting all three of the New Day only draft one or two of them? Like if it cost three picks to take all three of them I could understand, but they said teams count as one pick unless you want to split them. If they wanted Woods and Kofi as a team and Big E as a singles, you could still draft them as a team and still split them.

It's the same "people" who spent high-round draft picks on Naomi and Ricochet when they could have drafted multi-time world champions Randy Orton and Daniel Bryan.  Or a dozen other uppercarders.  WWE Draft's make less sense than WWE booking.

(By "people", I mean one of the Vince's alternate personalities.)

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Eoae said:

It's the same "people" who spent high-round draft picks on Naomi and Ricochet when they could have drafted multi-time world champions Randy Orton and Daniel Bryan.  Or a dozen other uppercarders.  WWE Draft's make less sense than WWE booking.

(By "people", I mean one of the Vince's alternate personalities.)

Those multi-time world champions and uppercarders were not available in the Friday night draft pool.

• Thanks 1

Any chance they keep New Day separate for a year or so and then reunite them in another draft so they can keep going? Or are they past the expiry date anyway? I'm here for the Big E push, I want it, but it saddens me to think of these guys not being able work together anymore. That plus the loss of Cameo and E has to be bummed out, the pic above illustrates that.

11 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

RAW set it off with a stupid move from the start.  I'm sorry but Drew McIntyre is not the Tribal Chief.  This was like the Hawks deciding they wanted Trey Young instead of Luka.  Sure Trey Young is a nice talent but Luka is generational.  Roman Reigns should never be #2. 

I get what you're saying, but why the hell would USA Network NOT draft the guy that represents their brand and is the champion?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Infinit said:

RE: New Day

At least nobody turned on anyone. The door is open for reunification at some point. It's not like that they never go back on their booking decisions lol.

Actually, I could see them doing this.  

Big E wins Rumble '21.

He challenges Drew to temporarily reunite them. Drew still has to defend at Elimination Chamber.  

DM is ready to win the Chamber, when Brock returns beats him down, and costs his the title. The winner... Kofi Kingston.

You have your Mania main event set in a match we've never seen.  And for the first time, two black men headline WrestleMania.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Only  bothering with the people who switched brands. Others have just been redrafted to the same brand.

Raw

Alexa Bliss
Braun

AJ Styles
Bray Wyatt
Jeff Hardy
Matt Riddle
Elias
Sheamus
Lacey Evans
The remaining 2 Lucha House Party dudes
Nikki Cross
Dabba Kato who was free.

Smackdown

Street Profits
Kevin Owens
Dolph Ziggler
Robert Roode
Apollo Crews
Aleister Black

And they really did swap tag belt designs.

Edited by D.Z

Andrade will stay on RAW to be with Charlotte. Likewise, Zelina moves to SD to stay with Aleister. Mickie was showing up under SD's banner on WWE's website. We'll see if that sticks.

They need to send a few women to SD, but that show is built for massive potential. The only real dead weight on that roster so far is Lars.

EDIT: I forgot how Fiend/Alexa hit the stereo Sisters Abigail on Andrade/Zelina. So Zelina may stay on RAW for a bit? (shrugs)

Edited by Burgundy LaRue

I called the ending to the battle royal the second Lana went through that table without being eliminated.

Yet another WWE battle royal where the supposed final two end up on the apron and do a bunch of hokey spots instead of trying to get back into the ring followed by the wrestler who spent the entire match outside the ring coming in for the "shocking" final elimination while the announcers exclaim that they forgot all about them, yet no one watching is actually surprised because this awful trope has been done to death.

• Like 1