DVDVR Message Board

THE 2020 WWE DRAFT - 10/9 & 10/12/2020

Kang

Per WWE.. this year draft rules..

"WWE Draft rules and Superstar pools set for 2020 edition

The WWE Draft will get underway this Friday, Oct. 9 on SmackDown and conclude Monday, Oct. 12 on Raw. WWE Chief Brand Officer Stephanie McMahon will once again preside over both nights of selections.

As reported by FOX Sports, the rules and Superstar pools have now been finalized for the 2020 WWE Draft.

* Over 60 Male Superstars, Female Superstars and Tag Teams have been placed into the 2020 WWE Draft.
* More than 20 Superstars are eligible to be drafted on Friday night and more than 30 Superstars are eligible to be drafted on Monday night.
* Due to the length of each show, for every two picks that SmackDown selects, Raw will get three picks.
* Tag Teams will count as one pick unless FOX or USA Network, in conjunction with WWE Officials, wants to pick one Superstar from the team.
* Any undrafted Superstars will immediately be declared free agents and able to sign with the brand of their choosing.

WWE Superstars have been split into eligible pools for the Friday and Monday episodes of the WWE Draft. Here is the breakdown of who is available for selection each night:

FRIDAY
Asuka
Sasha Banks
Bianca Belair
Dana Brooke
Humberto Carrillo
Elias
Angel Garza
Drew Gulak
Heavy Machinery (Otis & Tucker)
The Hurt Business (Bobby Lashley, Shelton Benjamin, Cedric Alexander and MVP)
Mickie James
Lucha House Party (Kalisto, Gran Metalik and Lince Dorado)
Drew McIntyre
Murphy
Rey & Dominik Mysterio
Naomi
The New Day (Big E, Kofi Kingston and Xavier Woods)
Roman Reigns
Ricochet
Seth Rollins
Mandy Rose
Shayna Baszler & Nia Jax
Shorty G
AJ Styles
Jey Uso

MONDAY
Andrade
Bayley
Aleister Black
Alexa Bliss
Daniel Bryan
Carmella
King Corbin
Apollo Crews
Nikki Cross
Dabba-Kato
Dolph Ziggler & Robert Roode
Erik (of The Viking Raiders)
Lacey Evans
Charlotte Flair
Jeff Hardy
Billie Kay
Lana
Keith Lee
The Miz & John Morrison
Riddick Moss
Natalya
Titus O'Neil
Randy Orton
Kevin Owens
R-Truth
RETRIBUTION (Mustafa Ali, T-BAR, MACE, SLAPJACK, RECKONING & RETALIATION)
Matt Riddle
The Riott Squad (Ruby Riott & Liv Morgan)
Peyton Royce
Arturo Ruas
Sheamus
Shinsuke Nakamura & Cesaro
The Street Profits (Angelo Dawkins & Montez Ford)
Braun Strowman
Tamina
Akira Tozawa
Zelina Vega
Bray Wyatt
Sami Zayn

Don't miss this WWE Draft on Friday, Oct. 9 at 8/7 C on FOX and Monday, Oct. 12 at 8/7 C on USA Network to see where your favorite Superstars are headed."

11 hours ago, D.Z said:

Per WWE.. this year draft rules..

"WWE Draft rules and Superstar pools set for 2020 edition

The WWE Draft will get underway this Friday, Oct. 9 on SmackDown and conclude Monday, Oct. 12 on Raw. WWE Chief Brand Officer Stephanie McMahon will once again preside over both nights of selections.

As reported by FOX Sports, the rules and Superstar pools have now been finalized for the 2020 WWE Draft.

* Over 60 Male Superstars, Female Superstars and Tag Teams have been placed into the 2020 WWE Draft.
* More than 20 Superstars are eligible to be drafted on Friday night and more than 30 Superstars are eligible to be drafted on Monday night.
* Due to the length of each show, for every two picks that SmackDown selects, Raw will get three picks.
* Tag Teams will count as one pick unless FOX or USA Network, in conjunction with WWE Officials, wants to pick one Superstar from the team.
* Any undrafted Superstars will immediately be declared free agents and able to sign with the brand of their choosing.

WWE Superstars have been split into eligible pools for the Friday and Monday episodes of the WWE Draft. Here is the breakdown of who is available for selection each night:

FRIDAY
Asuka
Sasha Banks
Bianca Belair
Dana Brooke
Humberto Carrillo
Elias
Angel Garza
Drew Gulak
Heavy Machinery (Otis & Tucker)
The Hurt Business (Bobby Lashley, Shelton Benjamin, Cedric Alexander and MVP)
Mickie James
Lucha House Party (Kalisto, Gran Metalik and Lince Dorado)
Drew McIntyre
Murphy
Rey & Dominik Mysterio
Naomi
The New Day (Big E, Kofi Kingston and Xavier Woods)
Roman Reigns
Ricochet
Seth Rollins
Mandy Rose
Shayna Baszler & Nia Jax
Shorty G
AJ Styles
Jey Uso

MONDAY
Andrade
Bayley
Aleister Black
Alexa Bliss
Daniel Bryan
Carmella
King Corbin
Apollo Crews
Nikki Cross
Dabba-Kato
Dolph Ziggler & Robert Roode
Erik (of The Viking Raiders)
Lacey Evans
Charlotte Flair
Jeff Hardy
Billie Kay
Lana
Keith Lee
The Miz & John Morrison
Riddick Moss
Natalya
Titus O'Neil
Randy Orton
Kevin Owens
R-Truth
RETRIBUTION (Mustafa Ali, T-BAR, MACE, SLAPJACK, RECKONING & RETALIATION)
Matt Riddle
The Riott Squad (Ruby Riott & Liv Morgan)
Peyton Royce
Arturo Ruas
Sheamus
Shinsuke Nakamura & Cesaro
The Street Profits (Angelo Dawkins & Montez Ford)
Braun Strowman
Tamina
Akira Tozawa
Zelina Vega
Bray Wyatt
Sami Zayn

Don't miss this WWE Draft on Friday, Oct. 9 at 8/7 C on FOX and Monday, Oct. 12 at 8/7 C on USA Network to see where your favorite Superstars are headed."

Is this going to be the draft order again?

Why is only 1 Viking Raider able to be drafted? Only 1 Uso?

Arturo Ruas?

Ziggler and Roode are getting split for sure but what odds on them splitting up the following - 

Heavy Machinery
The Hurt Business
The New Day
Nakamura & Cesaro

I could see Big E being split solo with Hurt Business trying to recruit him.

33 minutes ago, L_W_P said:

Is this going to be the draft order again?

Why is only 1 Viking Raider able to be drafted? Only 1 Uso?

Arturo Ruas?

Ziggler and Roode are getting split for sure but what odds on them splitting up the following - 

Heavy Machinery
The Hurt Business
The New Day
Nakamura & Cesaro

I could see Big E being split solo with Hurt Business trying to recruit him.

If Hurt Business is considered a single unit, nobody with even a fraction of strategic planning in them wouldn't pick them right off the bat! Like, we definitely want Lashley. Yeah, let's pick him and we get MVP, Shelton and Cedric as an added bonus. Seems like a no-brainer to me!

• Like 2

Having one thread for this just makes more sense than two separate things.  I'll move the posts from the general thread here.

My guess is Braun goes to Raw and Owens goes to Fridays. 

I'm sure everyone is going to be very upset that a group that has been together for 7 years has been broken up, but this only means good things for Big E. Gotta wonder if they even told them about this, though. And why it happened, beyond them pushing Big E as a singles guy. I'm glad they've been separated, and I kind of get it, but it wasn't necessary.

Oh and The Fiend is still fucking stupid and this Alexa Bliss stuff is like they hired some 16 year old boy who wrote Joker & Harley Quinn fanfic to plot out the story.

23 minutes ago, D.Z said:

Maybe they will switch colors and names.

14 minutes ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

They do this every year lol. New Day will drop them on Raw to a team that gets drafted to Smackdown immediately afterwards. (Or directly before the match).

This.

Sheamus/E was a solid brawl.

New Day vs. Cesaro/Nakamura was nice. New Day breaking up saddens me, but as long as E gets a good singles run out of it I can be ok with it.

Bayley/Sasha was nice while it lasted, but I see no reason why they bothered to do this and not just go straight to the HITC match. The history was already enough to skip a regular match.

With Kofi/Woods taking the tag titles to Smackdown I assume we Street Profits moved to Smackdown as well. Bianca moved to Smackdown, and they have been trying to keep couples somewhat together.

Naomi to Raw is ok. Makes me think the Usos eventually get moved over as well. Hopefully we get Naomi vs. Asuka at some point or even the two bringing their short lived team back.

Seth to Smackdown could have been interesting with Roman currently leading the brand, but bringing the Mysterios over and doing this just as Seth broke up with Murphy kills much of my interest. On the other hand it would kind of be nice to get Roman murdering Dominick at some point or Murphy vs. Roman assuming Murphy makes the move on Monday.

AJ to Raw makes sense with him likely not wanting to be around Heyman still.

I saw that Lars Sullivan is back as I was ff through. Hopefully he has learned to stop being an asshole in life & online. 

Owens/Fiend happening on Smackdown felt weird with Owens not having moved brand wise. The match itself was kind of typical of what we get from Fiend matches. There are parts I like, but ultimately the movie monster stuff feels like too much when you have a roster this good at actual wrestling at this point. On the other hand I feel like the gimmick would have died already if Bray was just doing typical Bray.