DVDVR Message Board

UFC Fight Night on ESPN+ 36: Moraes vs. Sandhagen (10/10/2020) - Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates (UFC Fight Island)

Elsalvajeloco

EitlltIXkAABl89.jpeg?1600998886

UFC Fight Night on ESPN+ 36: Moraes vs. Sandhagen 
October 10, 2020
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates (UFC Fight Island) 

Marlon Moraes (136) vs. Cory Sandhagen (136) - Sandhagen, TKO (spinning wheel kick and punches), R2 (1:03)
Edson Barboza (145.5) vs. Makwan Amirkhani (146) - Barboza, DEC (unanimous)
Ben Rothwell (265) vs. Marcin Tybura (263) - Tybura, DEC (unanimous)
Markus Perez (186) vs. Dricus du Plessis (186) - Du Plessis, KO (punches), R1 (3:22)
Tom Aspinall (252) vs. Alan Baudot (254) - Aspinall, TKO (punches), R1 (1:35)
Youssef Zalal (146) vs. llia Topuria (146) - Topuria, DEC (unanimous)

ESPN+ Preliminary Card:
Tom Breese (186) vs. KB Bhullar (186) - Breese, TKO (punches), R1 (1:42)
Chris Daukaus (227) vs. Rodrigo Nascimento (265) - Daukaus, KO (punch), R1 (0:45)
Impa Kasanganay (185.5) vs. Joaquin Buckley (185.5) - Buckley, KO (reverse spinning back kick), R2 (2:03)
Ali Al Qaisi (136) vs. Tony Kelley (136) - Kelley, DEC (unanimous)
Giga Chikadze (146) vs. Omar Morales (145.5) - Chikadze, DEC (unanimous)
Tracy Cortez (136) vs. Stephane Egger (135.5) - Cortez, DEC (unanimous)
Bruno Silva (125.5) vs. Tagir Ulanbekov (126) - Ulanbekov, DEC (unanimous)

Event Bonuses ($50,000)
Performance of the Night: Joaquin Buckley
Performance of the Night: Chris Daukaus
Performance of the Night: Tom Breese
Performance of the Night: Cory Sandhagen

Edited by Elsalvajeloco

Moraes will fight anybody. Sandhagen may be ranked fourth but what does Moraes get from beating him in terms of credibility? Just a fiery hoop to jump through. I love it. I guess he's gotta stay active...?

9 minutes ago, Jiji said:

Moraes will fight anybody. Sandhagen may be ranked fourth but what does Moraes get from beating him in terms of credibility? Just a fiery hoop to jump through. I love it. I guess he's gotta stay active...?

Yeah, I am safely assuming it has a lot to do with him not fighting in 10 months and availability of the other names in the division.

• jaedmc pinned this topic

That might be the first time in UFC history a guy has gone for the "Hell of a fight!" mutual celebration and his opponent thought he was actually attacking him after the horn.

• Haha 1

Pro-Wrestling moves that work in real fights #300: Tiger Mask's Reverse Enzuigiri!

He couldn't have finished that guy off any more emphatically if he'd used a fucking shotgun.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, AxB said:

Pro-Wrestling moves that work in real fights #300: Tiger Mask's Reverse Enzuigiri!

He couldn't have finished that guy off any more emphatically if he'd used a fucking shotgun.

I seriously had to rewind that just to see if I was hallucinating or not.

Apparently, I'm not crazy.

INCREDIBLE.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Now I'm going to be disappointed if Buckley isn't doing the arm theatrics and prancing around like Sayama next fight. So strange that a guy who spends 95% of his fights throwing traditional boxing power punching combinations lands one of the greatest spin kick KOs from such an unorthodox position. FUCK. That whole fight was so aggro.

• Like 1

Wow. Three intense finishes in a row. How can you not love a power jab?

Edit: tracking back to the Buckley KO... you can't see Kasanganay's eyes roll in the back of his head in that live angle. My God.

Edited by Jiji
  • Like 1

He always looked a weight class above the other KSW welterweights, Soldic including, but Perez is a big boy too. Dricus struck me as incredibly nervous right up until connecting on the short left hooks. He was never fluid when I saw him in EFC or KSW but he looked extra rigid. He's got tools to be a success in the UFC though and I'm excited to see how far he goes.

Speaking of which, Soldic hasn't fought in over a year now. Hopefully he's given something soon now that KSW is running shows. He's probably the best fighter I've seen in that promotion with Du Plessis and Salahdine Parnasse being the other options. POPEK MONSTER just picked up a win via armbar in a promotion called Fame. They uploaded some slow motion highlights. FILTHY. ?

• Like 1