DVDVR Message Board

AEW Dynamite - 10/7/2020

Dolfan in NYC

21 hours ago, Jiji said:

Gonna say something rarely said but check out the comments, lol. Yeah, twitter is an extremely small sample size but I think Cody's luster has worn off for many. 

As luck would have it, Cody had thought on Twitter today! ?

[quote]

AEW is known for taking input from fans. What have you learned about effectively funneling out the noise and channeling feedback in a constructive way? 

...Twitter is kind of dying out to a degree in terms of its potency...When it comes to social mentions, we have a full data report after every show. If you follow them, you can clearly see where you find actual credible thoughts. It’s then you can see the hurt WWE fan that is pretty much going to say what they want to try and draw attention. A lot of times we have given them attention. We’re learning slowly and surely that Twitter is really aging out in terms of its value and what it can offer. That’s what I learned in year one. Talk less as a member of management and show more. [/quote]

Rest of the interview here: https://www.tvinsider.com/952372/cody-rhodes-all-elite-wrestling-aew/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

EDIT: Apparently I don’t know how the new board works at all.  Fuck it!

Edited by EVA

I don’t think I’ll ever be a bad guy in wrestling again. It would be swimming upstream. There is so much general data that supports what a young audience I have, specifically to me. If I can offer them any hope and something to get behind, I’m definitely not going to be turning my back on that by any means. I worked my whole career to have people care about me. Here I am at 35 and the lightbulb goes off and I’m in the prime of my career in the best run of my career. The idea of me ever being a bad guy or a heel, I can’t see it. Never say never in wrestling, but I can’t see it.

Incredible bait and switch, or is Cody actually the Triple HJohn Cena of AEW?

• Like 2

On 10/11/2020 at 5:01 PM, Casey said:

Speaking of heel Cody in New Japan, I think I was in the minority around here about loving Ibushi/Cody from WrestleKingdom 12. I think maybe @Brian Fowleragreed with me, but I might be confusing that for me and him arguing about it. I'm not entirely sure ?

On 10/11/2020 at 5:13 PM, EVA said:

I loved the HANDSOME BATTLE, as well.

On 10/11/2020 at 8:01 PM, Brian Fowler said:

That match was fucking great

Add another voice to the choir.

• Like 1

I think the Cody you’ll see on TV is genuinely who I am. A long time ago I drew some fire online, and probably rightfully so, because I made a blanket statement when it shouldn’t’ have been about there not being heels and faces. There are definitely heels and faces, but there are also heels, faces and stars. We know and look every Thursday about who is drawing on the show, who is selling merchandise, who is getting general social interest. We know the difference. When I said that, more of what I meant is I no longer play a character on television. 

"I'm not a good guy or a bad guy. I'm a star."

Definitely not at all a thing a villain would say. 

Spoiler

20130823_article-FULL_beastar-grant_gene

• Like 1

It’s obvious Cody reads everything Flair’s Shadow says..and I’m sure he takes detailed notes.

So let’s cut to the meat of everything..tell Tony to pull the dam trigger!

By the end of the night we need to see Inner Circle replaced as the organization’s top heel faction. It has run its course. AEW fans want to cheer on Jericho. The MJF/Jericho match is a natural to pull off at Full Gear. FTR vs Santana & Ortiz at Full Gear as Proud & Powerful becoming at least temporary faces is the correct move at this point and time. 

But regardless what you all set up as short term storylines and angles Mr. Cody Rhodes...by the end of tonight...at the end of this long and glorious slow burn of a mega story...we all need to see MJF with Tully and FTR standing with each other in the middle of the ring.

Get it done.

Flair’s Shadow...the Nature Boy’s Shadow has spoken. 

Edited by Flair’s Shadow