DVDVR Message Board

AEW Dynamite - 10/7/2020

Dolfan in NYC

15 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Man. Wouldn't it be something if Brodie murdered Cody even worse tonight?

My favourite Weezer song is "Only In Dreams." I really hope that's what happens, but everything we've seen so far leads us to believe that will not be the case.

32 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Cody can run on for a long time, but tonight Brodie Lee's gonna cut him down.

Hah. That's the song I played when Dear Leader got COVID.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Hobbs vs. Cage was fucking great. Hobbs/Allen is such an odd couple but I kinda like it.

FTR/Hybrid 2 was actually pretty cool too.  I was down on FTR for a while but they seem to be getting in a groove. Things I never thought I'd say in 2020: I kinda love Best Friends.

Dog Collar Match was fine, I dunno. I kinda liked the squash better. Orange Cassidy is 100% winning over Cody.

Deeb/Swole was fine.

Loved the Moxley promo.

Main event was very strange but kinda fun.

JR was possibly his best ever tonight. His "he's a small, angry dog on Diet Mountain Dew" line was amazing.

Overall, the wrestling tonight was beyond amazing, loved pretty much every match.

Slightly bummed that Chaos Project lost, but it was Jericho's night so I'll give it a pass.

Edited by The Green Meanie
  • Like 1

Was also trying to watch a band I'm friends with do an online show, so:

Did not like the open at all. Plodding as all get out. 

Need to go back and watch the tag again.

Dog Collar was fine though I wish it was more of a brawl. We don't need wrestling moves we need chain whipping. Good juice though, even lil' Silver got in on the action! I wonder how that idea came about. Kinda sad to see Arn not able to get up fast, or do the ring-out roll after the Spinebuster though. And hey, Greg Valentine! 

Serena looks better in the ring than most of their women's roster. Image-wise I guess she got rid of implants? 

Slow-ass Luther does NOT need to be climbing ropes. 

I totally called MJF's present being a big picture of himself. It's a classic trope, but it's a good one. I was expecting Frank the Clown to be the Clown though, as opposed to random no-name. Someone legit thought AEW would debut Sting in a clown suit though.

Serena Deeb spending the entire P in P doing wrist control spots was unexpected. But if she's going to do that, she might be wrestling herself quite a lot in AEW matches (assuming she sticks around; she should), no matter who the opponent is.

Hobbs/Cage was a really great big boy fight. Hobbs continues to impress, he has a fantastic powerslam and wasn't afraid to hit hard, plus Cage is crazy agile and Will could hang with him there too. Great night for both guys.
Taz-ism of the Night: Like two meat sandwiches colliding, SPLAT!

I dug FTR/TH2. If you're going to beat on somebody for a long time it may as well be Jack Evans cause that guy looks like he dies on everything. Angelico had a pretty good hot tag too. The Bucks clowning on the old 'watching the monitor' routine was fun, I hear the criticisms of their new attitude especially since they still seem fixated on FTR and it seems like an odd call to have a heel/heel feud so I have to assume there's more to it than that. Perhaps it's leading to Bucks/Best Friends instead.

Dog Collar Match was appropriately brutal and had some innovative stuff so I liked it. Cody hitting a package piledriver through a table during a commercial break was a great ad for Fite and also way out of place. Brodie Lee is a great professional wrestler, I'm bummed his reign is over already but I hope it leads to more for him. Cody redeems any ill will I had towards him by cutting a terrific promo. OC/Cody should be great.

Serena Deeb is what the women's division needed. Swole looked good selling most of the match and getting hope spots. Still not a lot going on except matches but the matches are getting better.

Main event is the kind of weird, random tag a wrestler should have at their 30th anniversary. It's rad that Serpentico got a chance to shine in such a big match. Luther is not good, let him collect a check on Dark please. Post-match with MJF and the credits was a good time. 

• Like 1

Dr. Luther is friends with my close friend Vicious Verne, so seeing him in the main event - slow and shaky as he may have been - was one hell of a birthday present for me. Did my heart good. I usually have a big get-together where my drinking friends, students, gym friends, wrestling friends, co-workers and etc can all meet and be excellent to one another... I could be bummed about Covid cancelling that, but I can't feel too sorry for myself when NJPW put on a solid night of A Block action on Japanese October 7th and then AEW put on a show like this on American October 7th. Happy enough birthday, to me!

Plus i get to come on here and discuss it and hear what you all thought about it. It's a treat, too.

Edited by gordi
  • Like 14

3 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Dude, he set him in a chair and moved so Cody slammed him into the barricade, then yelled at him to leave. That is not babyfacing him. That's just him doing what he does on BTE. 

It was very ambiguous. But I’m siding with Brodie doing his best to help Silver. Him instructing Anna to take Silver to the back might’ve been him wanting to get patched up fast.