DVDVR Message Board

RIP Eddie Van Halen

RIPPA

TMZ is reporting he has passed away at age 65.

The first two concerts I went to were both Van Halen so I'm feeling pretty low.

RIP to a legend

Edited by Zimbra

absolutely gutted. Eddie Van Halen is #3 on my list of greatest guitarists of all time. Van Halen with Diamond Dave is on my shortlist for favorite bands.

the world lost a talented musician today. condolences to his family and friends.  words can't even express it enough right now.

I don't mean to sound insensitive but I'm surprised he survived this long. Between the cancer and the drinking he was one tough bastard to manage it.

There's nothing to say about his guitar playing, the man was a genius and totally one of a kind. As influential as any musician ever. The best.

RIP

Edited by Curt McGirt

Got a Van Halen story. 

I bought Celtic Frost's Morbid Tales and 1984 on the same day at the same time. I used 1984 to cover up Morbid Tales when I showed my records to my dad because I was afraid I was bringing something in that would evoke The Deicide Response*. Nothing wrong with a baby angel smoking a square, right?

Still love both records, btw. 

* I bought the first Deicide on CD and my dad read the lyrics while I was out of the room. The Response was not pleasant.

On 10/8/2020 at 5:51 AM, BrianS81177 said:

Did Eddie and Sammy ever patch things up?

Thankfully yes. Sammy gave an interview this week stating that he and Eddie had been texting over the last few months, but not wanting to start reunion rumors, they agreed to keep it a secret.

Edit: This was also nice to see:

https://blabbermouth.net/news/eddie-van-halen-was-super-excited-about-reuniting-with-michael-anthony-for-van-halen-stadium-tour/

Edited by Zakk_Sabbath