DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2020 - WEEK FIVE

Brian Fowler

3 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Yeah, that's not a great sign if they aren't even trying to reduce swelling before operating.

As someone who isn't well read in medical theory can you explain this to me?

What's the issue with rushing into the operation?

3 minutes ago, L_W_P said:

As someone who isn't well read in medical theory can you explain this to me?

What's the issue with rushing into the operation?

Normally, you wait a day or two to let swelling go down. Ice the injury, take antiinflammatories, etc.

The reason for this is... I have no idea, it's just the normal procedure.

But I think it being a compound fracture explains why that wasn't the way they did it today. Probably don't want to leave the bone exposed any longer than necessary.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BrianS81177 said:

Well one thing you gotta say about The Seahawks... they sure aren't boring to watch are they?

What I saw of the first half was some of the dullest football I've watched recently.

The second half was fun though.

9 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Normally, you wait a day or two to let swelling go down. Ice the injury, take antiinflammatories, etc.

The reason for this is... I have no idea, it's just the normal procedure.

But I think it being a compound fracture explains why that wasn't the way they did it today. Probably don't want to leave the bone exposed any longer than necessary.

(as someone who has had a lot of surgery) You want the swelling to go down because it makes it easier to put things back together. If you do it while it's still swollen, things could settle wrong as the injured tissues goes back to normal size. But yeah, if he's got bone sticking out that needs to be taken care of ASAP or you run the risk of massive infections leading to amputations.

• Thanks 1

Poor LeVeon thought he could hold out then cash in.  He winds up losing the years franchise tag salary then signs with the Jets for a lower guarantee than he would have got from Pittsburgh's offer.  In the NFL get your money when you can especially in the era of low values for running backs

• Like 2

• RIPPA unpinned and locked this topic