DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2020 - WEEK FIVE

Brian Fowler

Now they are talking about trading Haskins according to reports.  Cue the Ron Burgundy escalated quickly GIF

Again it is all based on the idea that Alex Smith can play without any issues.  Never mind he has not only took an actual snap I would be shocked if his ass hit ground once in the last 2 years. 

Edited by hammerva

ESPN is saying that Broncos vs Patriots is being moved to next Sunday.

PFT's reporting that because of that, Dolphins vs Broncos is moving to Week 11 and Chargers vs Broncos is moving to Week 8.

Now that leaves what to do about Jaguars vs Chargers in Week 8.

Honestly we just need the NFL to start making teams forfeit instead of juggling the schedule over and over again. Now the Broncos have an impromptu bye that throws their whole season off. It's not fair. And honestly, the Titans should just be shut down.

• Like 6

34 minutes ago, KidNatural said:

Honestly we just need the NFL to start making teams forfeit instead of juggling the schedule over and over again. Now the Broncos have an impromptu bye that throws their whole season off. It's not fair. And honestly, the Titans should just be shut down.

Penalize the infected teams. Make the infected teams pay the uninfected team's game check for any forfeited game and all of a sudden teams will be alot more careful lol.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

So basically the Broncos schedule gets blown up because the Pats had positive tests

?

Yep! They really screwed up by not having a Week 18 to make these games up, the Steelers don’t have a bye this season due to the Titans being super spreaders. They’re also at a disadvantage for the Ravens game since that was supposed to be both teams bye weeks and now only the Ravens have a bye. 

I'm confused by all this.  College football and maybe I'm crazy for even making this comparison..  but they will have 4-5 positive covid tests and those players sit out the game and everyone else plays.  

I'm not saying that is the right way to do it what am I wondering is why is it okay for these college teams to operate this way?  NFL seems to be.. funny enough.. taking this more seriously? 

4 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I'm confused by all this.  College football and maybe I'm crazy for even making this comparison..  but they will have 4-5 positive covid tests and those players sit out the game and everyone else plays.  

I'm not saying that is the right way to do it what am I wondering is why is it okay for these college teams to operate this way?  NFL seems to be.. funny enough.. taking this more seriously? 

Probably because the NFL players still have a union, no matter how bad it is.  College players have nothing.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Robert C said:

How much stuff do you throw at the infected teams before they start to hide positive tests?  Or is that out of the teams' control?

3rd party does the testing. If the teams did it, we would magically have zero positives. 

• Like 1

Holy Shit - the schedule you know exists no longer

rom the league:

Following the postponement of the Week 5 Denver Broncos at New England Patriots game, the NFL announced today the following schedule changes:

The Denver Broncos at New England Patriots game will be played in Week 6 on Sunday, October 18 at 1 p.m. ET on CBS.

The Kansas City Chiefs at Buffalo Bills Week 6 game moves from Thursday, October 15 to Monday, October 19 at 5:00 p.m. ET on FOX/NFL Network/Amazon.

The New York Jets at Miami Dolphins game moves from Week 10 to Week 6 at 4:05 p.m. ET on CBS.

The New York Jets at Los Angeles Chargers game moves from Week 6 to Week 11 on Sunday, November 22 at 4:05 p.m. ET on CBS.

The Jacksonville Jaguars at Los Angeles Chargers game moves from Week 8 to Week 7 on Sunday, October 25 at 4:25 p.m. ET on CBS.

The Los Angeles Chargers at Denver Broncos game moves from Week 11 to Week 8 on Sunday, November 1 at 4:05 p.m. ET on CBS.

The Los Angeles Chargers at Miami Dolphins game moves from Week 7 to Week 10 on Sunday, November 15 at 4:05 p.m. ET on CBS.

The Miami Dolphins at Denver Broncos game moves from Week 6 to Week 11 at 4:05 p.m. ET on CBS.

The NFL also detailed the logistical issues corrected, at least for now.

Denver Broncos

Bye moves from Week 8 to Week 5

Denver Broncos at New England Patriots moves from Week 5 to Week 6

Los Angeles Chargers at Denver Broncos moves from Week 11 to Week 8

Miami Dolphins at Denver Broncos moves from Week 6 to Week 11

New England Patriots

Bye moves from Week 6 to Week 5

Denver Broncos at New England Patriots moves from Week 5 to Week 6

Buffalo Bills

Kansas City Chiefs at Buffalo Bills Week 6 game moves from Thursday, October 15 to Monday, October 19.

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas City Chiefs at Buffalo Bills Week 6 game moves from Thursday, October 15 to Monday, October 19.

Los Angeles Chargers

Bye moves from Week 10 to Week 6

Jacksonville Jaguars at Los Angeles Chargers moves from Week 8 to Week 7

Los Angeles Chargers at Denver Broncos moves from Week 11 to Week 8

Los Angeles Chargers at Miami Dolphins moves from Week 7 to Week 10

New York Jets at Los Angeles Chargers moves from Week 6 to Week 11

Miami Dolphins

New York Jets at Miami Dolphins moves from Week 10 to Week 6

Bye moves from Week 11 to Week 7

Los Angeles Chargers at Miami Dolphins moves from Week 7 to Week 10

Miami Dolphins at Denver Broncos moves from Week 6 to Week 11

Jacksonville Jaguars