DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2020 - WEEK FIVE

Brian Fowler

The Titans have had no new positive results for the 2nd straight day so at this pace they will be allowed to reopen their facility on Wednesday.  So most likely - the game against the Bills will be played as scheduled

Meanwhile - Cam Newton is asymptomatic which means - per league rules - if he has two negative tests that are at least 24 hours apart, he will be allowed to play this week.

Look, as long as Will Fuller stays healthy (LOL yeah right) and keeps getting the ball thrown to him, then I don't care. I think this is the first time in fantasy football where I have each player and let me tell you, having them play on separate teams is fucking great. I mean, this week wasn't so great with Hopkins not doing much, but Fuller had a good day.

I'm curious what the offense is going to look like going forward.  The knock on BOB was that his "OC" in name only would prepare the game plan during the week because BOB was busy doing GM stuff, and then for BOB to change everything Friday and Saturday, and then call plays that they clearly hadn't practiced or installed.  Hence why they always seemed so unprepared for opening drives.  Also, taking running backs that are more finesse players and making them do power runs up the gut on every single first down.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Lawful Metal said:

Also, taking running backs that are more finesse players and making them do power runs up the gut on every single first down.

To be fair, this describes  roughly 80% of coaches in the NFL.

Weird thing about Houston: They actually are among the league leaders in first and second down pass-rate, but are midpack when it comes to second and long. Suggests a lack of easy first down completions--if only one had a receiver who was good at that--and then foolishly chasing the sticks. (You're more likely to get a first down on 2 and 10 throwing twice than expending second down gaining two or three yards on a run.)

Edited by Beech27

Your early morning COVID update:

Pats CB Stephen Gilmore tested positive putting their Sunday game against Denver in jeopardy and also meaning some of the Chiefs might have been infected Monday night.

Two Titans tested positive after two days of negative tests putting their Sunday game against Buffalo in jeopardy

Benching Haskins is questionable but given the play it is somewhat understandable.   Putting him as the 3rd string below Alex Smith is just insane.   is Alex Smith actually getting tackled in these practices that are impressing people?  Hell I would be surprised if he has even hit the ground this training camp.

You realize that is a "good" thing right?

With positive COVID tests a major issue across the NFL, Ron Rivera revealed that Washington has a backup plan in place the virus strikes the team's quarterback room. 

"We have four of them and one of them fortunately has the antibodies so that kind of helps us a little bit," the coach said. "We try to keep him away from everybody else as much as possible and let them go about their business."

The team's four quarterbacks are Dwayne Haskins, Kyle Allen, Alex Smith and practice squader Steven Montez. 

Rivera's comments came via the Washington Football Talk podcast, and asked directly which QB tested positive for the antibodies, the coach wouldn't budge. 

"I'm not allowed to say. One of our guys does."

Because if Haskins tested positive he would have been placed on the COVID list and the team wouldnt be practicing

21 hours ago, Lawful Metal said:

Also, taking running backs that are more finesse players and making them do power runs up the gut on every single first down.

21 hours ago, Raziel said:

To be fair, this describes  roughly 80% of coaches in the NFL.

God, I wish Kyle Shanahan would call more power runs up the gut on 1st down instead of "we've gained 60 yards on the ground because they can't stop our running backs and now we're inside the 5.  TIME TO GO FIVE WIDE SHOTGUN ON EVERY PLAY!  Robbie, you better start warming up."

• Like 1

As if this season isn't wacky enough - the Saints are prepared to evacuate to Indy due to Hurricane Delta

If necessary - the Monday Night game against the Chargers would be played in Indy

The reason they will go to Indy is A) the Colts play in Cleveland this weekend and B) the organization is familiar with the city (due to the scouting combine always being there)