DVDVR Message Board

AEW - OCT 2020

Flair’s Shadow

Nakazawa vs Sydal makes sense. Lucha Bros vs Bad Romance should be good. Pillman & Garrison vs Bononi & Ali means two guys are losing their zero win status. And... ERIK WATTS?

As someone who watches Championship Wrestling from Hollywood I'm pumped to see Watts and Rosas get a look considering they've had other folks from the promotion get matches (Heather Monroe being one). I like Watts' power game but he probably won't get a chance to show it off.

2 hours ago, AxB said:

Nakazawa vs Sydal makes sense. Lucha Bros vs Bad Romance should be good. Pillman & Garrison vs Bononi & Ali means two guys are losing their zero win status. And... ERIK WATTS?

YES! I love Griff Garrison, glad to see he'll be joining the list. And two Chaos Project matches in one week? Lovely.

19 hours ago, Flair’s Shadow said:

Do you all think with the changes at the top of New Japan will see some working relationship with Khan and the Japan’s new leadership or is just going to stay status quo with some AEW wrestlers having rights in their contract to wrestle for New Japan once in awhile? 

If Okada made appearance in an AEW ring there is money to be made by Mr. Khan and the hardcore fan base would lose their collective sh^t. 

I want to see Okada hit the Rianmaker pose and then get hugged by the Best Friends.  The camera would zoom all the way out to the moon.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 nights from now will be Jericho’s 30th year in the business celebration.

30 years.

Someone will interrupt this celebration.

Someone big....someone massive in the business.

Someone who has been in the business with Jericho...but never has faced Jericho in the squared circle.

Someone is no longer tangled up with WWE legendary contract. 

The man called Sting.

Icon vs Icon

1 last match. 

My God.....Mr. Tony Khan is making it happen!!!

Edited by Flair’s Shadow

So BTE this week was pretty unremarkable. Although I'm guessing the BTE title Brandon had is going to be their version of the UUDD belt (except it won't be exclusive to videogames).

I'm assuming it's official since there's a graphic and everything, but AEW hasn't posted it - in any event, Taz posted on his Twitter that Serena Deeb/Big Swole is happening tomorrow night on Dynamite.

• Like 3

I thought I'd start a running Top 10. There's a lot to choose from, even some from the No Fans Era that are better now that I'm more used to a lack of cheering. #1 is the obvious #1 of the year so far and probably won't be unseated, the rest of the list isn't in much of an order except sort of reverse chronologically as that's how I looked through the results.

1. AEW Tag Titles: Young Bucks/Omega and Page (29/02)
2. AEW World Title: Mox/Kingston (23/09)
3. Parking Lot Fight: Best Friends/Santana and Ortiz (10/09)
4. Darby Allin/Ricky Starks (25/09)
5. TNT Title: Mr. Brodie Lee/Dustin Rhodes (09/09)
6. 12-man Tag: Dark Order and Colt Cabana/The Elite and FTR (30/07)
7. MJF/Jungle Boy (23/05)
8. AAA Mega Title: Kenny Omega/Sammy Guevara (25/03)
9. 30 Minute Iron Man: Kenny Omega/PAC (26/02)
10. AEW Women's Title: Riho/Nyla Rose (12/02)

Honorable mention to Cody/Wardlow in the cage which got knocked off by Riho/Rose and should probably be on there instead of Lee/Rhodes. Feels like Dynamite is on a real roll right now so with any luck there will be a few more contenders before the end of the year.

On 10/4/2020 at 2:25 PM, Web Conn said:

Before we get Jericho vs Sting in Baseball Bat: The Movie we NEED Hardy vs Jericho in a Deletion Match.

Based off the highlights I've see from this past weekend I'd rather see 2 Cold Scorpio vs Jericho first 

Cody/Brodie reminds me of Hansen/Luger in 90, when Hansen ended Luger's record US title reign then Luger won it back in the bullrope match 2 months later at Starrcade. Very much looking forward to the dog collar match tomorrow night.

Catching up on some Dark episodes the past few months. Serena looked great on the 9/22 episode, hope she does great on Dynamite as well. Cool to see Jessy Sorensen again, looking totally different from his Impact days 8 years ago. Always thought he'd be a star back then and wanted him to get another shot. 

Tazz Jones Count for 10/06/20: 0(!) (thought he did say "_____ city" a few times, but that doesn't count.)

Congrats to Griff Garrison and Brian Pillman Jr. on their victory, now making them local talents #8 & #9 to have gained a victory.

Loved the Chaos Project match, they're looking strong going into tomorrow's episode of Dynamite.

32 minutes ago, Web Conn said:

Has that ever happened before?

An ECW live event in Glenolden in 1996, Heat Wave 1996 in a four way with Shane Douglas and Pitbull #2, and then at The Doctor Is In 1996.

• Like 1