DVDVR Message Board

AEW - OCT 2020

Flair’s Shadow

The UK is such a hardcore fan base for wrestling, always has. It's made even more impressive with the time difference between the USA and UK. WWE PPV's are midnight till 2:45am or after 3am. Some go past 4am. RAW's 1am-4am but sometimes overrun while Smackdown's 1am-3am.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 3

21 hours ago, AxB said:

Mega Ran, Monteasy & R8ED R puttting rap lyrics on Best Friends' music.

Fuuuuuuuuck yes. It can't be a lot to buy this from Mega Ran and the rest. Make it happen!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Tazz Jones Count for 10/20/20: 1 (Pupil)

Best moment of the night was a JOEY NUMBERS reference, and apparently not only is he the world's best bookie and hitman, but now apparently private eye!

Another great moment was the references to the long storied tradition of lucha libre wrestling in Mobile, AL.

Also loved Tazz's Boz Scaggs reference out of no where.

The matches themselves were really good, but I thought we were getting another Cutler/Avalon match. Perhaps tomorrow on Dynamite?

Edited by The Green Meanie
  • Like 1

With the book now closed on Allie/Brandi, did anyone have a more directionless first year of AEW than Brandi Rhodes? She was all over the place and the only high point I can think of was her role when Wardlow whipped Cody. Here’s to a better year two for her.

Dark has the best commentary in years. I mean we got in-depth Goosebumps discussion.

Lastly I think Wardlow’s knee from the corner is AEW’s ultimate MDK finish. Like if I think “what move in this company would put Mox down clean”, I got the One Winged Angel, Wardlow’s knee, and...yeah that’s it.

Edited by For Great Justice
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, For Great Justice said:

With the book now closed on Allie/Brandi, did anyone have a more directionless first year of AEW than Brandi Rhodes? She was all over the place and the only high point I can think of was her role when Wardlow whipped Cody. Here’s to a better year two for her.

Ironically, Allie is probably her only competitor for that award.  She felt like a 3rd wheel with Butcher and the Blade when they arrived, left them for a jobber for reasons that were never fully explained, then rejoined them for more reasons that will probably never be fully explained.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, King Leonidas Of Sparta said:

That Kiss / Fenix match had me going "Woah" a good number of times, Sonny definitely upped their game and Fenix is so damn innovative and impressive. I think purely from a wrestling point of view he might be my favourite AEW wrestler.

I need to go back and watch this as I was so damn tired I practically fell asleep.  But while this might be my old man tendencies kicking in I do think they're going too long on some of these Dark episodes.  All I'm asking for is it to just be a tight hour of wrestling and not go two hours.

That said Sonny is still putting the pieces together but I absolutely love what he's doing.  Will be curious to see how much he improves by this time next year and hope to see him get some gold.

12 hours ago, For Great Justice said:

Brandi's role should always and only be in the back. As a character, she's the shits. As a mouthpiece for the company, she's fine. She works exceptionally well if she's only ever used to come out to Cody if Cody is really hurt. That type of stuff shouldn't happen often so that when it does, it means something.

I still feel like we'll wind up with Brodie/Jay vs Cody/Brandi at some point.

• Like 2