DVDVR Message Board

AEW - OCT 2020

Flair’s Shadow

Couple things...

I think all of the Hangman and Bucks stuff has been really compelling and it should have been on Dynamite.

Secondly, I'm all in for Silver winning the BTE Championship. JOHNNY HUNGY BABY! HUNGY FOR SOME BTE GOLD!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

Also, it had to have been Kenny, right?

It could be Kenny, but it's also open to a number of possibilities as well. Imagine Jake being behind the texts, leading to a Hangman/Archer feud. Or Ricky Starks. Or Eddie Kingston. 

Angel didn’t get much offense, but he didn’t look bad. Curious to see if he gets more opportunities on Dark.

Cezar still comes off as blah, even though he looks like a million bucks. This is his 3rd opportunity, and he hasn’t done anything to prove he deserves a spot. 

Now Nick Comoroto, I’ve never ever seen before, and I like what I see there. Put him in with Kingston. I’d like to see him in a slugfest to see what he does.

• Like 2

When young Taz was in ECW being prematurely grumpy and scowling at everyone all the time, who would have thought the he would age into being a jocular, humourous middle aged man?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Really? I thought it was him, but he wasn’t exactly in the same shape I remember him being in.

Yeah, I was 75% sure and then on this week's Dark he had "Sicario" on his gear which kind of gave it away.

1 hour ago, Peck said:

Took me a few weeks but I just realized Maxx Stardom is Ricky Martinez from MLW. Which got me thinking about Selina de la Renta and cue settling down joke.

Salina’s initial MLW run was incredible but she hadn’t been on the show for a while before it went into lockdown.  I’ve always wondered why she hasn’t shown up somewhere else in the meantime like Pillman etc?

She would have been a perfect fit for Impact, AEW or WWE.  She’s glamorous, she can talk and she’s not afraid to let her opponents get over on her.  She’s really great.

On 10/12/2020 at 6:26 PM, Flair’s Shadow said:

MJF’s big announcement on this weeks Dynamite has to be him joining Tully Blanchard and FTR.

If not.....Flair’s Shadow is done.

Done. Gone.

Bye then.

So anyway, here's an article about how Best Friends feuding with Santana & Ortiz over Trent's Mum's Minivan was the most relatable angle in ages:

https://wrestlejoy.com/2020/10/moms-minivan-and-mayhem-why-i-loved-best-friends-vs-santana-and-ortiz/

Sue tweeted to say she loved it. So now you have to read it or you'll hurt Sue Marasciulo's feelings.

Oh yeah, and also I just rewatched Eddie Kingston vs Cody, King's company debut. You can really hear how much he's getting himself over with JR and Tony as the match goes on. Like they didn't really know who he was at first (Tony had a line clearly fed to him about how Eddie's one of the dirtiest fighters on the indies, and JR knew he was 38 years old, and 18 year vet and had to sell his Boots to pay his mortgage), but in the course of one match he made them both bigtime fans of his. It was on the same show as Ricky Starks nearly knocking Darby's head off, and that mad Butcher & Blade vs Young Bucks FCA match.

Edited by AxB
  • Like 6

Sixteen matches? So it's going over 2 hours? Spears vs Daniels and Fenix vs Kiss are your Worldwide Main Event matches. KTB coming in to lay down for Jungle Boy is OK, but they should just sign him & Shane Mercer so we can see Ironbeast doing their crazy power spots on the big stage.

On 10/16/2020 at 9:42 AM, Craig H said:

Where does Sue rank with parents of wrestlers? She has to be way up there, right? Maybe behind John Cena's dad? She's definitely better than Big Al and Judy Bagwell.

Somewhere between Mama Benjamin and the Miz’s Dad puttin up his dukes.

On 10/16/2020 at 4:42 PM, Craig H said:

Where does Sue rank with parents of wrestlers? She has to be way up there, right? Maybe behind John Cena's dad? She's definitely better than Big Al and Judy Bagwell.

That middlefinger out of the car window goes pretty damn far, but does this include the parents that were also wrestlers, or just civilians?