DVDVR Message Board

AEW - OCT 2020

Flair’s Shadow

True or false: Part of the reason Taz recruited Ricky Starks was because he saw that Starks' twitter handle was at StarkManJones.

• Like 1

I don't see that happening tonight. They've barely started that angle. As it is right now, the only thing they've touched on is that Jericho "likes" MJF, Santana & Ortiz are mildly annoyed at MJF's presence, Hager rather be anywhere else other than wrestling again, and Sammy Guevara is mad that he didn't get a custom jacket. That's it. Nobody is mad at Jericho, and for them to suddenly turn on him would be some hotshot WWE shit.

If anyone turns, it'll be Sammy, and only because MJF has manipulated Jericho into thinking he's deadweight or something, leading to an opening within the Inner Circle or whatever. They didn't do that whole "Sammy doesn't get a jacket" bit for nothing.

Edited by Casey
  • Like 1

If they let Sammy be in a stable with his actual friends it wouldn't fit at all. Guevara, Starks, Stunt, Garrison, Sabian and Ford makes no sense.

8 hours ago, Casey said:

I could see that, or MJF "unintentionally" costing Jericho the match. I'd love to see the reactions online if Dr. Luther got a pinfall win over Jericho.

I actually think that could happen. Jericho is basically untouchable at this point, it doesn't hurt him at all to do a job. He can just come out the next week for a promo and have the crowd eating out of his hand again. I could totally see Jericho wanting to give his best friend the biggest win of his career given the opportunity. 

Kind of two notable things tonight on AEW that have transpired. Tanahashi in front of a New Japan logo sending a quick congrats message to Jericho, and using Lance Archer’s match with Mox at Wrestle Kingdom(Even naming the company, and event). I believe this is the most explicit they’ve been at bringing up New Japan. This may, or may not have anything to do with Harold’s exit from New Japan coming up, and talk of a new US strategy.

Edit: Now a 3rd on commentary for Tanahashi, and New Japan. They are really throwing out signals.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 2

IIRC, Tony Khan seemed pretty positive about a future partnership in some article I read about Harold’s removal. I think it was with the Observer or something, maybe?

I don’t care one way or another, but I know there’s some serious crossover online between AEW and NJPW fans. So if they’re happy, I’m happy for them. Just give me Brodie vs Suzuki eventually.

Guys who have already done everything like Okada and Tanahashi could really use a spell elsewhere imo. Not just a one and done type of deal but like a 6 month run in AEW to make people miss them in NJPW. 

On 10/7/2020 at 10:15 AM, LoneWolf&Subs said:

So I’m assuming Inner Circle turns on Jericho(Maybe on Hager too) on his 30th anniversary, then MJF takes over.

If anyone should stick with Jericho- it should be Sammy.   Hager will never be accepted as a face by the AEW crowd- I suspect he's one of the folks a lot of the fans feel is a wasted spot- somewhat because of his politics, but mostly because of a lack of anything really great.

As for Okada, I suspect he will end up full-time in AEW if it's still around in a few years.  He's friends with the Bucks, and if he's going to be pushed down the card, why not go to America, do a nostalgia match with Omega, and be treated awesomely?

Edited by alstein

22 hours ago, Jiji said:

Guys who have already done everything like Okada and Tanahashi could really use a spell elsewhere imo. Not just a one and done type of deal but like a 6 month run in AEW to make people miss them in NJPW. 

Okada and Tanahashi flat out need a break and extended time off more than a spell elsewhere. SANADA comes to mind when I think of someone in NJPW who needs another excursion type experience. And Ishii because I basically want to see Ishii vs everyone.

3 hours ago, alstein said:

If anyone should stick with Jericho- it should be Sammy.   Hager will never be accepted as a face by the AEW crowd- I suspect he's one of the folks a lot of the fans feel is a wasted spot- somewhat because of his politics, but mostly because of a lack of anything really great.

As for Okada, I suspect he will end up full-time in AEW if it's still around in a few years.  He's friends with the Bucks, and if he's going to be pushed down the card, why not go to America, do a nostalgia match with Omega, and be treated awesomely?

Okada as the 4th Best Friend with Chuck, Trent, and OC?

Fuck. Yes. The transformation of Best Friends into US Chaos will be complete.

• Like 3