DVDVR Message Board

AEW - OCT 2020

Flair’s Shadow

Arn Anderson has recently filed to trademark "The Four Horsemen" name.

It’s happening.

But the group will end being larger than 4 members.

Four Horsemen is the beginning part of the 7 seals. 

Tully

FTR

MJF

Miro

Tessa

Arn 

Brace for impact!

Edited by Flair’s Shadow

1 hour ago, Flair’s Shadow said:

Arn Anderson has recently filed to trademark "The Four Horsemen" name.

It’s happening.

But the group will end being larger than 4 members.

Four Horsemen is the beginning part of the 7 seals. 

Tully

FTR

MJF

Miro

Tessa

Arn 

Brace for impact!

You broke character a while ago, you forfeited the right to your gimmick.

• Like 2

The AEW figs arrived today. I don't know where the fuck I'm going to put the big bitch ring. I thought it would fit on my shelf but that isn't even close to being an option. It's fucking massive. Also the canvas is a cloth, so it looks a li'l strange. Like I need to iron it. Wow. Uuuuuuuhhhhh. I definitely should've looked at the dimensions before ordering. ?

2 hours ago, Jiji said:

The AEW figs arrived today. I don't know where the fuck I'm going to put the big bitch ring. I thought it would fit on my shelf but that isn't even close to being an option. It's fucking massive. Also the canvas is a cloth, so it looks a li'l strange. Like I need to iron it. Wow. Uuuuuuuhhhhh. I definitely should've looked at the dimensions before ordering. ?

I knew it was going to be massive and still bought the damn thing. I have no idea where to put it unless I get a cabinet with the dimensions in mind. I at first thought the top of the dresser but it still stuck out too much. Damn. 

Just realized that today is one year since Dynamite premiered. Holy fuck I remember everything so vividly. The wave of emotions seeing the arena. Indy wrestlers I followed in front of a sold out crowd. And hot damn did we lose our goddamn minds! What a year it's been. I honestly can't remember one bad episode and it's crazy to think about what they established from day one. Now I just need to track that episode down. 

• Like 1

The twitter account had a photo of Riho winning the title and it really sunk in how important the fans are. Like I knew of course but was mostly focusing on the aesthetic and a bit of the emotion but that emotion and reaction is everything in pro wrestling. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jiji said:

The twitter account had a photo of Riho winning the title and it really sunk in how important the fans are. Like I knew of course but was mostly focusing on the aesthetic and a bit of the emotion but that emotion and reaction is everything in pro wrestling. 

Dude, as awesome as it was on TV it ruled live. The crowd willed it into being a match worth giving a shit about. And while they had better it set I love them for showing they loved it so much. I was just fortunate to be part of it. And yes I miss the crowds so, so much. 

44 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Dude, as awesome as it was on TV it ruled live. The crowd willed it into being a match worth giving a shit about. And while they had better it set I love them for showing they loved it so much. I was just fortunate to be part of it. And yes I miss the crowds so, so much. 

That Riho/Nyla match in particular stood out. The crowd didn't care for the first five minutes, but that Riho comeback shtick started sticking to everybody's ribs real quick. I vividly remember AJPW foot rumbles happening in my section.

Any Philly, DC, or Baltimore show comes up and I'm in like five or six Flints. With options on NYC, Jersey, Richmond, et al. And as I have cultivated a strong pro-AEW household during quarantine, I can't wait to go to every fucking non-RoH indy show I can once we get our shit together.

• Like 2

This is what Sting looks like in 2020:

EjSDE6GU4AA7gvr?format=jpg&name=small

Now he looks really good for a 61 year old, yes. But he's clearly not in ring shape, assuming he could even get cleared after Seth Rollins killed his neck 5 years ago.

4 hours ago, AxB said:

Now he looks really good for a 61 year old, yes. But he's clearly not in ring shape, assuming he could even get cleared after Seth Rollins killed his neck 5 years ago.

"No honey. I don't care if he's Sting. We're not buying a house from a guy that looks like Fred Durst."

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

3 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

"No honey. I don't care if he's Sting. We're not buying a house from a guy that looks like Fred Durst."

I was gonna say Guy Fieri when someone posted the same image in the Photo thread but no goatee. My second choice was Durst followed by off the juice BPP Scott Steiner.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, AxB said:

Cinematic match with both using their bats in the crucial scene. Sting will be protected. 

Do you all think with the changes at the top of New Japan will see some working relationship with Khan and the Japan’s new leadership or is just going to stay status quo with some AEW wrestlers having rights in their contract to wrestle for New Japan once in awhile? 

If Okada made appearance in an AEW ring there is money to be made by Mr. Khan and the hardcore fan base would lose their collective sh^t.