DVDVR Message Board

OCTOBER 2020 WRESTLING PHOTOS

4 hours ago, Phil4126 said:

so....they are going to destroy the WWE and burn it all to the ground and cause chaos and such....and pose for official photos? God I hate this angle

the OTHER reason WWE's invasion angles never work

It's tough to do a good invation angle nowadays.  Not that WWE could under any circumstances.  

People forget that the initial appeal of the nWo was that fans really bought the idea (at least at first) that it was WWF actually invading. 

• Like 5

14 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Because they started off not realizing she was the most over of anyone in the match at WM32 and they continued to double down on a couple others afterwards.  I think they realize her worth now but screw 'em.   This is the way. 

They were insisted In making Charlotte the Brock of the division, not only in terms of dominating the division but also in terms of having a clear direction. Her first title win was almost coming off one of the Ballas 9 month reign that was just as long. I thought Charlotte was the least refined of the Horsewomen at the time, plus I was a huge Sasha mark. Until they split the brands again. I don't think they really started clearly investing in other Women because they had to brands. Those Title changes between Sasha and Charlotte were cool moments but it would've been nice if not only she had longer and stronger runs but it would have been nice if Sasha got to have programs with someone else in between early on

• Like 1

Ek71dKgXYAEIJxd?format=jpg&name=large

Ek71cLCXYAAqtxT?format=jpg&name=medium

Only Pedro Morales, Diesel, Superstar Billy Graham, Ultimate Warrior and JBL have longer first time WWE Championship reigns to Drew McIntyre. McIntyre's 200 days is longer than some combined over two or three WWE Championship reigns.

Edited by The Natural

On 10/21/2020 at 9:05 PM, AxB said:

Ek2o_OyX0AEQZSA?format=jpg&name=medium

A list of the total combined days that various WWE Women have held titles. I don't know if holding multiple titles at the same time counted as double though. But why Charlotte and Bayley are both well up in the top 5 and Sasha's down in 16th I don't know. Well, I do, because she had all these really short reigns, but I don't know why she kept losing belts right after she won them.

How does that Bullshit Moolah record even count? 

Owning the damn title and never even defend it for 10 years....

• Like 5

53 minutes ago, MoeCristyV.1.6 said:

I personally stopped counting her record for that reason.  So while it's technically true in my mind Bayley is number one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MoeCristyV.1.6 said:

1 hour ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I personally stopped counting her record for that reason.  So while it's technically true in my mind Bayley is number one.

This and even more, she's a piece of shit. Fuck The "Fabulous" Moolah.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 4

16 hours ago, The Natural said:

Only Pedro Morales, Diesel, Superstar Billy Graham, Ultimate Warrior and JBL have longer first time WWE Championship reigns to Drew McIntyre. 

Are we forgetting someone, brother? ? 

And Bruno.

And Backlund.

And Savage.

And Cena.

Also, Shawn is still sitting at 231 days. But Drew should be able to pass that. Rollins is at 220.

I feel like a jerk! 

Edited by Andy in Kansas
  • Like 2

On 10/22/2020 at 6:32 AM, Phil4126 said:

so....they are going to destroy the WWE and burn it all to the ground and cause chaos and such....and pose for official photos? God I hate this angle

Wait until they start selling RETRIBUTION merch in the WWE shop (assuming they haven't done that already).

9 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

true, in so many ways.

and amazing to look at the mens list and think about how much wrestling has changed.  Cena was on top forever and was as perpetually at the top as a modern guy could have been, and yet as far ahead of every other modern guy as he is, they're all way closer to him than he is to Bruno, who's chilling up their at Cy Young Career Wins levels of untouchable.  Nobody's ever even gonna get within shouting distance of Backlund

• Like 3

20 hours ago, The Natural said:

Ek71dKgXYAEIJxd?format=jpg&name=large

Ek71cLCXYAAqtxT?format=jpg&name=medium

Only Pedro Morales, Diesel, Superstar Billy Graham, Ultimate Warrior and JBL have longer first time WWE Championship reigns to Drew McIntyre. McIntyre's 200 days is longer than some combined over two or three WWE Championship reigns.

10 minutes ago, BobbyWhioux said:

true, in so many ways.

and amazing to look at the mens list and think about how much wrestling has changed.  Cena was on top forever and was as perpetually at the top as a modern guy could have been, and yet as far ahead of every other modern guy as he is, they're all way closer to him than he is to Bruno, who's chilling up their at Cy Young Career Wins levels of untouchable.  Nobody's ever even gonna get within shouting distance of Backlund

Well, the other stat that jumps out is the average length of title runs.  Hogan held the belt six times, and the average length of his reigns was almost one year (364 days avg., if I did the match in my head right).  Bruno Backlund and Pedro had mulit-year reigns.  Cena..... held the belt 13 times and averaged under 100 days Says a lot about how Vince views the belt.

I'm somewhat surprised Cena didn't break Flair's record for title reigns.  That seemed like a done deal at one point.  Although, I imagine Vince would have given Cena a couple "cup of coffee" runs if he had realized Cena would eventually find another career path (or, alternately, if someone had gone back in time to the early 2000's and told Vince Cena would become his biggest star for a decade and change, but would leave him in the late 2010's to try his hand at acting, Vince might have buried John out of spite for daring to not need him).

• Like 1