DVDVR Message Board

OCTOBER 2020 WRESTLING PHOTOS

It wasn’t me, @The Natural, but I’ve compared the Hunter/Sting match to an out of continuity one-shot comic. The Saudi shows feel like that, with the caveat that it can affect future booking and seriously injure older workers trying to collect a major windfall by willing themselves out of male menopause. 

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, (BP) said:

It wasn’t me, @The Natural, but I’ve compared the Hunter/Sting match to an out of continuity one-shot comic. The Saudi shows feel like that, with the caveat that it can affect future booking and seriously injure older workers trying to collect a major windfall by willing themselves out of male menopause. 

It's an apt comparison that. Apologies for the mistaken identity, @(BP).

2 minutes ago, (BP) said:

You've reminded me of something. The Undertaker vs. Sting, a dream match for years and both under contract to WWE. It can finally happen at WrestleMania XXXI...We get Sting vs. Triple H and Sting loses. Infuriating missing out on Undertaker vs. Sting.

24 minutes ago, The Natural said:

You've reminded me of something. The Undertaker vs. Sting, a dream match for years and both under contract to WWE. It can finally happen at WrestleMania XXXI...We get Sting vs. Triple H and Sting loses. Infuriating missing out on Undertaker vs. Sting.

I've never gotten the lasting appeal of Undertaker-Sting.  A UT-Sting match in the late 2000's or anytime in the 2010's most likely would not be good.  I don't have a lot of faith in a UT-Sting match in the late 90's or early 200's being more than average.  Sting's a top 10 guy for me, but you can skip his career after the nWo angle without missing much.

I kinda feel like you'd need a time machine to get a good Sting-UT match.  I would have liked to see Surfer Sting in the WWF, but I dunno that he'd get a good match out of early 90's UT.  UT's matches during the early 90's were generally... not good.  

Best you could probably hope for out of a UT-Crow Sting feud would probably be some cool promos and segments leading up to the actual match, but Vince would probably never allow that Sting to get over on UT or look like an equal.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Eoae said:

I've never gotten the lasting appeal of Undertaker-Sting.  A UT-Sting match in the late 2000's or anytime in the 2010's most likely would not be good.  I don't have a lot of faith in a UT-Sting match in the late 90's or early 200's being more than average.  Sting's a top 10 guy for me, but you can skip his career after the nWo angle without missing much.

I kinda feel like you'd need a time machine to get a good Sting-UT match.  I would have liked to see Surfer Sting in the WWF, but I dunno that he'd get a good match out of early 90's UT.  UT's matches during the early 90's were generally... not good.  

Best you could probably hope for out of a UT-Crow Sting feud would probably be some cool promos and segments leading up to the actual match, but Vince would probably never allow that Sting to get over on UT or look like an equal.

I think the appeal is part because Sting never left WCW and Undertaker's long WWE tenure, battle of the flag bearers. The "dark mysterious" gimmicks as well, The Dead Man vs. Crow Sting.

3 hours ago, The Natural said:

I'm with Chris Jericho, it shouldn't have happened. Said that here before and recently. On the latter a poster suggested that the Fuck Saudi Shows are their own separate entity to the usual WWE. Was it you, @Log or @(BP)?

Not me, either, on that one.  

The Saudi shows were one of the many things to make me give up completely on that company.

• Like 3

Dear Triple H: Read the post BEFORE clicking Like on it!

Ej73R3XWAAA_vH7?format=jpg&name=large

Also, Darby Allin met Steve-O:

Ej7yEvwU8AECbvc?format=jpg&name=small

Edited by AxB
  • Haha 3

On 10/9/2020 at 11:01 AM, The Natural said:

I'm with Chris Jericho, it shouldn't have happened. Said that here before and recently. On the latter a poster suggested that the Fuck Saudi Shows are their own separate entity to the usual WWE. Was it you, @Log or @(BP)?

I said it. I wonder if Jericho is attempting to poke the bear with that. He's about the same age as Kane and Hunter and I think he's confident enough to either make himself look much better than any of the 4 in that situation or either turn down the offer to even be put in that situation. If he was in the company I don't believe he'd turn down the chance to work Michaels. But I think both he and Shawn work well enough together that Shawn would've looked much better in there with Jericho.

• Thanks 1