DVDVR Message Board

OCTOBER 2020 WRESTLING PHOTOS

20 minutes ago, thee Reverend Axl Future said:

I miss when rasslers would do the "stunned wide eyed stare" in photo ops. Abdullah was a master at it. See also: Brody, Bruiser, and Samoans, Wild.

- RAF

Don't forget Lewin, Mark aka Haze, Purple ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, thee Reverend Axl Future said:

I miss when rasslers would do the "stunned wide eyed stare" in photo ops. Abdullah was a master at it. See also: Brody, Bruiser, and Samoans, Wild.

- RAF

Now they just do it whenever someone kicks out of their 3rd tier signature move 5 minutes into a RAW match.

"How did he kick out of my belly to back suplex?!"

5a3dc329b8e5d0eb6a2c3df9817e6a7a.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

8 minutes ago, cwoy2j said:

Now they just do it whenever someone kicks out of their 3rd tier signature move 5 minutes into a RAW match.

"How did he kick out of my belly to back suplex?!"

5a3dc329b8e5d0eb6a2c3df9817e6a7a.gif

Mance Warner disagrees.

IMG_3464-3076919067-1547224915471-696x42

• Like 3

7 hours ago, thee Reverend Axl Future said:

- RAF

Mance Warner is the only current wrestler I can think of who does it. Never get the sense of menace the fine gentlemen you listed would evoke, but I do appreciate it!

• Like 1

AND I dig promo photos wherein the wrestler has his/her eyes rolled back into their skullbone.

6356499656967981768.jpg

The usual rogue's gallery delight me with this: Sullivan, Brody, Abdullah, Lewin, Sheik - Undertaker is the modern example but he did it in the ring more than in pictures.

- "it's thee manifestation of their Evil!",

RAF

• Like 4

Just now, Nice Guy Eddie said:

All that's missing is COCAINE! across the screen as if it were POW or WHAM.

I believe that is the same SNME where Piper had the Halloween sketch with the kids. Boy he had all the Colombian marching powder he could handle before he shot that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, Stuttsy said:

90YtWni.jpg

Really awesome shot from the Slam Wrestling Tom Farhat obit of a Detroit battle royal with a young Randy Poffo in the jean shorts. 

This is the answer to some weird trivia question: Did Randy Savage ever dress and look like James Remar's character in the 1980 Billy Friedkin helmed film Cruising?

Now you know the answer is yes.

(BTW before I saw the caption, I thought it was Lanny. When did the steroids change him facially to the point where Lanny and Randy looked like they were from different families?)

• Like 3