DVDVR Message Board

OCTOBER 2020 WRESTLING TALK

12 minutes ago, ChesterCopperpot said:

Per Dave. 

Bill Simmons, WWE and Netflix are teaming up for a multi-part doc on the life of Vince McMahon. It will be the one of the highest budget docs in Netflix history. 

So who do they fire this time due to budget concerns, while also throwing millions at a fucking puff piece documentary?

Oy, how soon until he is wearing green trunks with a question mark on them?

Mr. Helms, reading that exchange (click on the link from Andy In Kansas) made me smile. I owe you a beverage. This is all symptomatic of why I mourn the death of kay fabe and the rise of social media. GIVE ME BACK MY DREAMS!

- dammit,

RAF

• Like 2

I caught Shane Helms on an old rerun of that one Bride show on TLC when flipping around early in the pandemic. I was kind of astonished it was him. After checking, it's from 2014.

Survivor Series 1998 Deadly Game Tournament was peak Russo in that the story was well done and really effective and they barely used the ring to get there. He would go on to try to replicate this for several more years with several different angles and failed miserably each time. 

• Like 4

Sticking to Survivor Series I went ahead and watched Survivor Series 1987 once again as I do every year,  man those Young Stallions really are the 19-13 12th seed in March Madness that just continue to get hot at the right time.  I forgot they went on a Cinderella run basically two years in a row.  

Andre's team is still probably my personal favorite Survivor Series team.  Just a bunch of huge monsters and the best part is Hogan being an idiot and costing himself the match.  

Jumping Bomb Angels totally awesome as always.  

Gorilla and Jesse on commentary,  hit it out of the park again but please.. Gorilla said "it's a happening" like ten times.  I'm glad he chilled out on that in later events. 

• Like 2

Oh by the way,   I really need AEW to do a 20-man elimination tag team match with all the teams.   So we're talking something like Young Bucks (Captains),  Private Party, Jurassic Express,  Best Friends and SCU vs FTR (Captains), Lucha Bros,  Proud and Powerful,  The Butcher and the Blade and Dark Order. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Survivor Series 1998 Deadly Game Tournament was peak Russo in that the story was well done and really effective and they barely used the ring to get there. He would go on to try to replicate this for several more years with several different angles and failed miserably each time. 

WHY IS VINCE NOT PISSED BUT INSTEAD KINDA GLAD THAT BOSSMAN KEPT FAILING TO GET ROCK OUT OF THE TOURNAMENT?!

Ohhhhh.

30 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Throw stones my friends...

I literally have never seen Survivor Series: Deadly Games.

Like, I've seen clips, but as a 31 year WWF guy, I just never bothered to watch it. 

Who has PS4 and wants to watch it with me so we can bullshit over party chat?

9 hours ago, Ryan said:

Vince better play himself at all stages of life.

It worked for Howard Stern, and the Private Parts movie is probably about where Vince's knowledge of pop culture ends so I could see it happening

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Ryan said:

I once went to a Harlem Globetrotters game in Green Bay about 8 years ago or so and while it was mildly entertaining if a bit dull, also I think they technically lost before they screwed with the scorekeeper's machine. Anyway, the two guys next to me literally smelled like they had bathed in a pile of cow manure and just came to the arena. It was almost unbearable.

Yeah, does not sound like good time was had! Due to the physical work I do every day, I often times smell not very fresh, but when I go to public events, I make sure I'm at least clean and not smell too much like crap NOR fragrance  (that's not good either )!