DVDVR Message Board

OCTOBER 2020 WRESTLING TALK

1 hour ago, The Natural said:

I can relate to those negative thoughts. i won't be the only one. I and we need to be nicer to ourselves xxx.

Oh sure, I say this to people twice a week for an hour in sessions, John Cena tweets it and everyone is changed for the better, STOP TAKING AWAY POTENTIAL CLIENTS CENA!!!!

I'm having the piss, anytime a positive message can reach the person it needs to, I'm happy. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Cena's upset about his forearms, he's always been self-conscious about their massiveness.

And he has never figured a way to make them smaller! "I'm at the end of my wits here. I went a month without even raising my arms and those damn things just keep growing and looking huge! I even considered not eating spinach anymore at one point, but that seemed kinda silly."

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Cena's upset about his forearms, he's always been self-conscious about their massiveness.

Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes.

If you still don't like him, he'll be a mile away, and you'll have his shoes.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

There was some “best US wrestler of the 2000’s” discussion in another thread recently with agreement that Bryan and Styles are the obvious picks.

My contentious statement is...how’s it not Cena? I get Bryan/Styles on pure volume of great matches, and I get that Cena didn’t draw all the WWE money, “the brand” did, but in my opinion this top 5 tops or matches any other candidate’s resume:

- Bryan Summerlam

- Brock Extreme Rules

- Punk MITB

- Umaga RR

- Michaels Raw or Styles Summerslam

Take that tippy toppy work and then add in that he was the top guy, merch seller, etc and I don’t see how he isn’t at least in the discussion. 

Edited by For Great Justice
  • Like 8

Meltzer says the WWE is going to have to relocate Thunderdome at the end of November.  Their contract with the Amway Center expires Nov. 24 and the venue is expected to be used for minor league hockey and (probably) NBA beginning in December.

Going back to the PC is an option, but the company is looking at moving it to another city.

https://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/wwes-thunderdome-run-orlando-expected-end-late-november-323566

3 hours ago, Eoae said:

Meltzer says the WWE is going to have to relocate Thunderdome at the end of November.  Their contract with the Amway Center expires Nov. 24 and the venue is expected to be used for minor league hockey and (probably) NBA beginning in December.

Going back to the PC is an option, but the company is looking at moving it to another city.

https://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/wwes-thunderdome-run-orlando-expected-end-late-november-323566

Another city in Florida, or another city in America? Because it would be really funny if they ended up in Jacksonville, or wherever the Impact Zone was.

3 minutes ago, AxB said:

Another city in Florida, or another city in America? Because it would be really funny if they ended up in Jacksonville, or wherever the Impact Zone was.

They're already in Orlando.

10 minutes ago, AxB said:

North Carolina and Illinois are the two possible destinations mentioned in the article.  I kinda feel like elsewhere in Fla might be a better choice though.  They're looking for an arena that's not going to be tied up with other sports in a state where the governor will give them some leeway to film in the event of another stay-at-home order, and the site needs to be near a transportation hub for talent to fly in and out.  Good luck with that in the current climate.

There's always Indianapolis, the Pro-Wrestling state.

Illinois indies haven't been running so I don't see any way WWE could run there (and let's be honest, in terms of how many people are physically in the building, a WWE Empty Arena TV taping and a small time indie with decent attendance aren't too far apart).

As far as North Carolina goes, have they forgotten Matt Hardy doesn't work there any more? Or does Jeff technically have half dibs on the compound?

Wouldn't WWE's biggest concern be finding a facility with no other tenants so that the Thunderdome setups can stay up for as long as necessary? Maybe the MGM Arena in Vegas so they also have adjacent hotel for everyone to stay at?

13 minutes ago, Infinit said:

Wouldn't WWE's biggest concern be finding a facility with no other tenants so that the Thunderdome setups can stay up for as long as necessary? Maybe the MGM Arena in Vegas so they also have adjacent hotel for everyone to stay at?

Thats too WCW pal. They're here to entertain, not rassle.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Infinit said:

I’m just envisioning this turning into the real life version of Netflix’s GLOW. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

5 hours ago, AxB said:

There's always Indianapolis, the Pro-Wrestling state.

Illinois indies haven't been running so I don't see any way WWE could run there (and let's be honest, in terms of how many people are physically in the building, a WWE Empty Arena TV taping and a small time indie with decent attendance aren't too far apart).

As far as North Carolina goes, have they forgotten Matt Hardy doesn't work there any more? Or does Jeff technically have half dibs on the compound?

Indianapolis is our state capital. That said, our governor is dumb as fuck and thinks restrictions should be lifted even though cases are rising all over the fucking place like it's the last few turns of the Pandemic board game. So given those conditions, I'm sure he wouldn't shy away from live wrestling in state.

4 hours ago, Infinit said:Wouldn't WWE's biggest concern be finding a facility with no other tenants so that the Thunderdome setups can stay up for as long as necessary? Maybe the MGM Arena in Vegas so they also have adjacent hotel for everyone to stay at?

I can’t see them picking up and moving to Vegas plus aren’t the MGM and Mandalay Bay arena’s used for boxing?

I bet they move up the road to Jacksonville and use their arena, they don’t have a NBA or NHL team and even in Florida it’s going to be along time before concerts are back.