DVDVR Message Board

OCTOBER 2020 WRESTLING TALK

26 minutes ago, Andy in Kansas said:

RF is offering the DVD for a cool $12 American before taxes and shipping. Highspots has a video download listed at the low low price of $9.99. 

It's also on their monthly streaming service for the same $9.99 a month as well.

Well I know what I'm never be doing on a Friday night. 

Heading into these final months I am a little surprised at how well in ring the wrestling world has handled the restrictions this year. Seemed we wouldn't adapt to no crowds when it started. 

Today I learned that Greg Valentine and Brian Knobbs are related. But despite greatly resembling one another, they're only Brothers in-law. Also JBL is Blackjack Lanza's nephew(?).

Also I'm reading Roddy Piper's book (well technically two of his children wrote it, because Roddy died while researching his early childhood). Anyone who attended Starrcade '83 as a fan saw the Dog Collars and Chain exhibited in the lobby before the show started, because Crockett wanted people to know it wasn't gimmicked. But then Piper and Valentine did the match again, around the circuit for the next week.

Also, when he was 20 years old and wrestling in Texas, he was living in his car with a pet Pitbull, which he named Kayfabe.

• Like 7

Another lawsuit by Joey Ryan, this time against for ROH student/wrestler Pelle Primeau: PWInsider

The best part? The first part of the lawsuit claims, that, Ryan slept with Pelle's partner (not knowing she was Pelle's partner at the time). When Pelle posted about this, he did so as part of #SpeakingOut movement, instead of just posting it as his own, non-related issue. Attaching the posts to the #SpeakingOut movement caused Ryan to lose cash. I guess that's one route to take. 

The rest just claims libel after Pelle posted a bunch of stuff urging others to not financially support Ryan in any fashion.

The singer of the Portland "street doom" band R.I.P cut a version of the "Hard Times" promo today on Instagram and it's amazing. 

Schtick aside, metal fans on the board should check out their new album "Dead End" (FFO Sabbath, Priest, Celtic Frost). Its really good. 

Edited by Library Dude
Maybe the link will work now
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, AxB said:

Today I learned that Greg Valentine and Brian Knobbs are related. But despite greatly resembling one another, they're only Brothers in-law. Also JBL is Blackjack Lanza's nephew(?).

The New Blackjacks were briefly promoted as being the sons of both original Blackjacks. While I knew it was true in Windham’s case I thought it was purely kayfabe in Bradshaw’s and didn’t think there was any shoot family tie at all.

15 hours ago, AxB said:

Nerdist documentary on LGBTQ+ people in Wrestling

The comments on that are more pathetic than normal. I assume it's a lot of modern South Park fans. Ooo, burn.

I think Orton is a fantastic wrestler and has been for years.  He's a dick or was.. he seems pretty chilled out now.  Maybe it was his out of the ring personality and some of his shit feuds that held him back in some circles.  But I think he's great.  

Edge... man I don't know.  He was a good garbage wrestler I usually liked his gimmick matches.  Other than that I think he's solid but not special.  AJ and Bryan are obvious choices the two best U.S. wrestlers since 2000 IMO. 

• Like 2

Bret’s got to have at least one Canadian in the list, had a hand in his development/signing and seeing that potential turn into Edge being a top guy for a few years probably = a fave. It’s understandable.

• Like 2

There were some shoot injuries and no-shows at Impact last night but I am not certain who all no-showed. I know Kylie wasn't there but who else?  Also was that injury to Alex Shelley a shoot? Ethan Page hit him with his finish on the ramp, Ethan is such a good heel though that I honestly couldn't tell if he legit hurt him or not. 

Injuries are going around these days, between Balor and O’reilly, Alex Reynolds, Fenix, and now Heath for sure and possibly more in Impact. I hope everyone stays safe, this is not the time to have to deal with hospitals, I’m sure they have enough going on these days. And I hope Kylie is alright too, I haven’t read any word of what happened but it reminds of the time she left AEW suddenly and for personal reasons. It’s scary when someone disappears like that on you. 

• Like 2

Cross-posted from BFG Thread re: Kylie Rae:

While explained on the pay-per-view as a no show, Bryan Alvarez is reporting she was off the show due to an injury that isn't considered to be serious. No other details are available.