DVDVR Message Board

OCTOBER 2020 WRESTLING TALK

Christ, Finn looks like an Easter Island head.

Who is the head trainer at the PC now and why is it not Bret Hart?  I heard O'Reilly and Balor both got hurt in that match and holy fuck someone needs to reiterate that the art of this thing is to make it look real while not really hurting each other.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Technico Support said:

Who is the head trainer at the PC now and why is it not Bret Hart?  I heard O'Reilly and Balor both got hurt in that match and holy fuck someone needs to reiterate that the art of this thing is to make it look real while not really hurting each other.

Yeah, I heard good things about that match, but then I heard that Baylor broke his jaw and KOR broke some teeth and possibly had a concussion, and I’m just like...why?  Those dudes have easily over 20 years of experience between them.  I know accidents happen, but when that much carnage happens in a match, I feel like you’re probably being stupidly reckless.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Is the joshi scene that depleted.  The last time I followed Joshi closely was about five years ago (I was following Stardom until about the time WWE signed Asuka and Shirai) and it wasn't in great shape then, but there were still a fair bit of talent.  Is the list just biased towards US wrestling or is the joshi scene that depleted.  

Seeing a top 10 list that's mostly Americans and containing one name who doesn't work part-time for a major US promotion (well, TNA...) seems odd to me.

I hear that someone appeared on the Thunderdome wall during NXT, despite the fact that they were watching Dynamite at the time, and dressed differently. So for anyone who was wondering if WWE was recycling Thunderdome fan reactions, let it be known that they definitely are.

8 minutes ago, AxB said:

I hear that someone appeared on the Thunderdome wall during NXT, despite the fact that they were watching Dynamite at the time, and dressed differently. So for anyone who was wondering if WWE was recycling Thunderdome fan reactions, let it be known that they definitely are.

sddefault.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 7

3 hours ago, Technico Support said:

If I had my way, switch Shawn Michaels in NXT for Bret Hart. Bret over Michaels by far. Learn from the best in Bret.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, EVA said:

Yeah, I heard good things about that match, but then I heard that Baylor broke his jaw and KOR broke some teeth and possibly had a concussion, and I’m just like...why?  Those dudes have easily over 20 years of experience between them.  I know accidents happen, but when that much carnage happens in a match, I feel like you’re probably being stupidly reckless.

I don't recall the strikes looking overly vicious so may have just been bad luck. 

1 hour ago, Eoae said:

Is the joshi scene that depleted.  The last time I followed Joshi closely was about five years ago (I was following Stardom until about the time WWE signed Asuka and Shirai) and it wasn't in great shape then, but there were still a fair bit of talent.  Is the list just biased towards US wrestling or is the joshi scene that depleted.  

Seeing a top 10 list that's mostly Americans and containing one name who doesn't work part-time for a major US promotion (well, TNA...) seems odd to me.

Its just bias and likely not viewing. I don't watch much beyond Stardom, but I hear plenty of good things wrestling wise about various women on the scene. DEAN posts plenty of matches in the 2020 thread that he finds good.

As so of you may know I created a Discord chat server for us.  I ran it by JaedMC and Dean to ensure it was fine and so far so good.  I meant to mention it here sooner but life got in the way.

So basically it's an IRC chat server with more bells and whistles.  Part of the reason for it was so people can discuss politics since it's not kosher to discuss here.  But I did have the idea of doing this a few days before that was needed for wrestling reasons.  So there's various sections for WWE, AEW, old school and Japan talk.  But considering the board is meant for this if anything it can be used to discuss shows like Dynamite while the show's airing.  It's meant as a supplement to the board.

Now one thing I was thinking it can be used for is to maybe do chats while watching various matches online.  One thing that made me aware of Japanese wrestling for example were IRC chats where we'd all watch a match online and talk about it.  While I would have found out at some point it was pretty wild seeing things like Liger being awesome, Hogan actually being a decent wrestler Misawa/Kawada through those chats.  So if this is something worth considering then I think that would be neat to do again.  Though I can understand if this doesn't happen due to existing topics that are in the wrestling section.

But anyway, that's me thinking ahead.  In the meantime for those that didn't know about it I hope this is something you'll consider using and here's the link.  https://discord.gg/7u3hySK

• Thanks 1

Everyone join and talk to each other or Niko will shrug and do something else. You wouldn't like Niko crestfallen about wrestling talk, it leads to me being made a mod. Oh, I already am. See what you did?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ryan said:

Everyone join and talk to each other or Niko will shrug and do something else. You wouldn't like Niko crestfallen about wrestling talk, it leads to me being made a mod. Oh, I already am. See what you did?

I'm hoping that now that real life stopped kicking my ass for a bit I'll be more active on there.  But thanks for helping out with that.

39 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Maybe they finally discovered BattlARTS. Boys, it isn't smart to try and imitate Ishikawa/Ikeda. 

I totally forgot about the chat during AEW. That sounds like a cool time to get together on there. It also might help get one through a full 2-3 hours of WWE! 

I would love to bring it up beforehand but worry I would be a shill doing so. But that would be awesome if that happened. 

Okay based on yesterday Twitter I am confused on this Ospreay thing.  Has it been found out that Ospreay didn't actually blackball Pollyanna from shows and the promoter made the shit up? Or was he still involved in some way that the IWL promoter is such a mess up that it made him look guilty?