DVDVR Message Board

OCTOBER 2020 WRESTLING TALK

Does anyone know what the story was behind this old item in the Observer:

Stu Hart died in 2003, not 1998.  Was this a prank or something?  I don’t remember the story at all.

Edited by Eoae

Bixenspan and Zellner talked about it a bit on an episode of Between the Sheets. Basically someone called the arena on the afternoon of a PPV or Nitro (looking at the date, it might have been Great American Bash 98), pretended to be a Hart and said that Stu died. Somehow this call was taken serious. I think they were already starting with rebooking the show when Bret (or whoever) reached someone at home to realize that this was a bad, bad prank call.

• Like 3

Cops probably could have traced who made the prank call. 

I posted this in the indy thread and will here since many don't read the thread.   Apparently someone at the Collective tested positive for Covid.  St. Louis Anarchy workers were in contact with said person and now this weekends shows as well as the entire big Spirit of Spaulding tournament (was airing on IWTV) has been cancelled. Sucks to hear.

• Sad 1

Cops would just charge him with harassment or something. This is a situation where you want to beat somebody's ass. The cops would be onto you doing that if they gave you the address. 

EDIT: Watch the cops trace it and it comes back to Shawn Michaels' flip phone

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Cops would just charge him with harassment or something. This is a situation where you want to beat somebody's ass. The cops would be onto you doing that if they gave you the address. 

EDIT: Watch the cops trace it and it comes back to Shawn Michaels' flip phone

Bret would come back and say "you may have found Christ, but I just found your ass"  and precede to pull out the rest of his hair.   (From his head not his ass)

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Robert s said:

Bixenspan and Zellner talked about it a bit on an episode of Between the Sheets. Basically someone called the arena on the afternoon of a PPV or Nitro (looking at the date, it might have been Great American Bash 98), pretended to be a Hart and said that Stu died. Somehow this call was taken serious. I think they were already starting with rebooking the show when Bret (or whoever) reached someone at home to realize that this was a bad, bad prank call.

JJ Dillon talked about it in his book as well. IIRC, JJ was the one who called Hart House to verify and spoke to Stu.

Sorta random but I saw the video of the Mike Levy-Mickie Knuckles match from IWA years back and the aftermath on YouTube. I had heard about it and how fucked up it was and after seeing it calling it fucked up is the understatement of the century. In terms of sick and disgusting it makes the Mass Transit Incident look like Disneyland, every single person involved should've done considerable jail time except Ian Rotten: He should've been tossed into a wood chipper for the betterment of humanity. Say what you want about Corny but he has never been more correct than when he runs down that creep. 

Edited by sabremike
  • Like 3

52 minutes ago, cwoy2j said:

JJ Dillon talked about it in his book as well. IIRC, JJ was the one who called Hart House to verify and spoke to Stu.

Based on the amount of (pretty good fwiw) Stu Hart impressions in pro wrestling, that could have been literally anyone who has ever met Stu.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, sabremike said:

Sorta random but I saw the video of the Mike Levy-Mickie Knuckles match from IWA years back and the aftermath on YouTube. I had heard about it and how fucked up it was and after seeing it calling it fucked up is the understatement of the century. In terms of sick and disgusting it makes the Mass Transit Incident look like Disneyland, every single person involved should've done considerable jail time except Ian Rotten: He should've been tossed into a wood chipper for the betterment of humanity. Say what you want about Corny but he has never been more correct than when he runs down that creep. 

How anyone still supports this carny f*ck is beyond me—and that goes for workers, fans, IWTV, anyone. 

After hearing the radio interview in 2010(?) where he just gets bombarded from others about the terrible stuff he's done (and little of which he denies), the amount of money he's swindled and stolen, and contributing significantly to the death of another worker, I'm shocked he hasn't been blackballed (or arrested).

• Like 1

14 hours ago, sabremike said:

Fucking awful.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Natural said:

Poor, Finn Balor. Get well soon.

Yeah, really! When something really sucks, I sometimes say "It's such a fucking Wednesday" regardless of what day it is. This time, it seems very appropriate! Getting hit with a Kyle O'Reilly really IS like getting hit with an object the size of a baseball bat!