DVDVR Message Board

OCTOBER 2020 WRESTLING TALK

3 hours ago, EVA said:

Who is Atticus Coger and why would anyone care enough to argue over his career?

Atticus Cogar is fucking awesome. I'm not some indy expert by any means, but he's definitely in my top 5-10 of male wrestlers outs there right now. While 44OH is Rickey Shane Page's group, I think Cogar is going to end up getting the most shine from it, those dudes are heat magnets right now. He's only 23, if he sticks with it, he could end up being pretty huge in a few years. He is a bit too much of a babyface to do the serial killer gimmick (tho he seems to have dropped a lot of that, I haven't noticed him wear the skin mask recently), he has absolutely no problem taking shit tonnes of punishment.

Edited by elizium
  • Like 3

Man, I tried to check out some Atticus Cogar on Youtube last night, and the first match I queued up had him and his opponent trading off no-selling thumbtack bumps like it was NOAH on meth, so that’s a no from me dog.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, EVA said:

Man, I tried to check out some Atticus Cogar on Youtube last night, and the first match I queued up had him and his opponent trading off no-selling thumbtack bumps like it was NOAH on meth, so that’s a no from me dog.

That is a fair assessment. I'm not super into the death match stuff and wish he would transition to straight brawling, but idk I'm a fan of the dude even though he's pretty rough around the edges. He's definitely a guy that needs a few years of refining but I really do think he could turn into something big. I'm interested to see where he's at when he's 27-28.

So AJ Gray and ACH just had the closest thing you'll see to a 4 Pillars match outside of Japan 25 years ago. It was AMAZING~!

• Like 4

So I was reading the PWI 500 at work, and in everyone's listing it goes Height, Weight, Years Pro, Last Year's Ranking. And some of the Years Pro totals are mind blowing. Partly because the people who only broke out in 2019 are actually 5-7 years into their careers, and partly because of how many people we think of as young are 10+ years pro. And also because LA Park is apparently 38 years into his career. Thirty-Eight!

• Like 1

More stuff from his posts on that bodybuilding forum have come out. Includes wanting to sexually dominate Beth Phoenix, rather have sex with Ronda Rousey but "will settle for Meisha Tate", says the Hurricane Katrina victims didn't really suffer (they just complained the loudest) and how mass shooting victims don't need to thank God for sparing them or whatever because it implies that the people who died weren't spared by God.

But your PSA for the day is that if Velveteen Dream didn't get fired for having DMs leak where he was caught flirting with minors, then Lars is 100% safe.

One thing I don't get about how WWE handles these situations, the roster is soooo bloated. Even if you think Lars or Riddle or Dream has a decent chance of being a good player for you, why even take the risk? And the bad PR. The company these days just use the talent like replaceable ingredients to a hamburger. So when you have legitimate behavior issues with sufficient proof, and even multiple incidents with most of these guys, what's the point of sticking by them? Would the Lars Sullivan story really be ANY different if they just swapped in some other developmental monster and did the exact same story?

• Like 3

What exactly is he doing besides annoying some married woman on Instagram that he apparently paid money to for something? I'm rather clueless beyond him being a stupid jackass and harassing someone.

17 minutes ago, Ryan said:

What exactly is he doing besides annoying some married woman on Instagram that he apparently paid money to for something? I'm rather clueless beyond him being a stupid jackass and harassing someone.

Well it seems that from looking at the post that he is expecting that because she works in massage therapy that there could be extras involved.   

Edited by hammerva