DVDVR Message Board

What are you looking forward to in 2021?

Contentious C

Hey, how about a little bit of positivity in here, right?  We're 3 months away from a new year, and how much worse can it really get?

I'll tell you what I'm looking forward to for 2021.

First, I am looking forward to cooking with my bamboo spoons in 2021.

That's because in 2020, I have used them as something to bite down on to avoid reflexively clenching my jaws and grinding my teeth every ten minutes!

Second, I am looking forward to getting back to work on at least one of my novels.

I found out one of my ex-girlfriends recently put out an album that was largely well-received by the indie scene in the city where she lives, so she achieved one of her lifelong goals.  It only stands to reason I should work towards one of mine for the right reasons.

mb0dirj6pvq11.jpg

https://www.reddit.com/r/seinfeld/comments/9mbb8p/for_spite/

Oh, and bonus answer: I am looking forward to actually surviving all the way to 2021!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

My friends to play, record, and release music. Otherwise...

Every day's a gift

Wave to your neighbor

it's the best way to live 

Soon

It's soon

Death's around the corner

It's soon

It's soon

You get what you give

Share with your friends

It's the best way to live

Is it beautiful? 

Are you just waiting to die? 

It's perfect

The pain, the wait

It's all so perfect

Until you see it's worthless

• Like 3

I'm looking forward to continuing to play games with friends that I've reconnected with since the pandemic. Had a Dungeon Crawl Classics session last night that was incredible.

Also looking forward to enjoying the winter. Wrestling season probably isn't happening so I'm going to enjoy not waking up at 5 am on Sundays to shovel snow and get my son to weigh ins.

Thirdly. Going to brew more beer. We've had success with an English Brown Ale and an Imperial Blonde. My wife and I intend to do more as it was really enjoyable.

Fourthly. We take turns visiting family or staying home for Christmas every year. Next year we're visiting and for the first time ever, I'm very excited for that.

• Like 4

Like @christopher.annino, I’m looking forward to getting more ink after a bit of a layoff.

Looking forward to my daughter hopefully having the second half of her kindergarten in person instead of online.

Hoping things take a turn more toward “normal “ in many aspects of life, and looking forward to that.

Really, just looking forward to rinsing and spitting on this awful 2020.

• Like 3

2020's gone.

Spending time with my family and friends.

Posting here with the DVDVR MB family.

Read more comic books.

Always liked tattoos but never got round to having one. Might next year, a tribute piece to my much missed Mum.

Going to the cinema for new movies either postponed this year and those that already were 2021 release dates.

Edited by The Natural
Eivion reminded me about movies in cinemas.
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Well there's things I'm looking forward to that don't directly involve me.  But that's for a discussion outside of the board if you get my drift.  But for me personally I want to see concerts and wrestling shows again.  Even if they're crappy I may just try and hit up the ones I can possibly go to because I can.  Aside from that everything's been largely back to normal as most people seem to know what they doing.  So those are the main two ones.  I guess the only other thing is it'd be nice to see my mother-in-law as with her issues she wouldn't have anybody over just in case.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Contentious C said:

Ugh, you all took this so seriously.

But I guess today I have something else to look forward to in 2021!

How's this for ya?  A friend of mine hasn't left her house for the most part since this all started and likely won't be out until next year.  So the idea of hanging out with her and seeing how pissed off she gets at those darn AEW heels makes me giddy.  She's aware of some goings on but man does she get completely invested into these shows.  I love it and can't wait for this to happen again.

The Japanese gov't seems pretty confident that they are going to get everyone inoculated early next year. My wife is a Hospital nurse so as a family member of "essential personnel" I might even be in the first few waves of people being vaccinated. I'm hoping that optimism turns out to be justified. 

I'm looking forward to not worrying about it any more. To regular dinners out with my wife and daughters. To going drinking with my friends. To going to live wrestling shows, and yelling and screaming until my throat is raw. To walking around in Osaka or Kyoto or Nara before or after work, and seeing what I can find. Going to movies. Buffets and beer gardens. Trying out a new izakaya or restaurant or taking a look inside a shop I haven't been in before.

To working out without a damned mask on. To not getting mad because someone else in the gym isn't wearing a mask, or isn't wearing it over their mouth and nose.

To going anywhere that isn't work, the gym, the supermarket, or the convenience store. To going to work, the gym, the supermarket, and the convenience store without any anxiety.

I hope I'll really appreciate all of those things for a good long time, that I won't just take them for granted after a few weeks. 

• Like 6

• 2 months later...
On 9/30/2020 at 9:50 PM, The Natural said:

Always liked tattoos but never got round to having one. Might next year, a tribute piece to my much missed Mum.

Ditto. Over the years I thought about it many, many times but the end result was always the same, there would be an expensive book that I'd been searching for come suddenly available and so much for the tattoo. Now that I've made it to 63 sans ink, I just don't see the point. Rather than the internal dialogue and debate, I just go straight to abebooks.com and have done with it. (Reminds me that there was a new Joe Abercrombie novel out in September that I still need to pick up.) Arguably the finest fantasy writer working today!

• Like 1

You know, a tattoo might not be a bad thing.  I might get one on my arm of a Hasbro-style wrestling ring since it's been such a huge part of my life.  But we'll see how it goes.

And to update from October but sadly one thing won't happen next year.  But I just can't wait to get the vaccine and hope that we can go fully back to normal.  But considering there's no need for me to go into the office considering what I do I hope that they just have us work from home going forward.  And I was thinking if some of y'all live in the Maryland area whenever there's a worthwhile show around here let's meet up at a bar.  First round's on me.

• Like 2

My girlfriend and I live about 3 hours (roughly 80 miles apart). Since I know someone will ask, we used to live in the same town that's how we met. After we had been dating a couple of years she had to move for her job. I've been looking for work in her area but it's mostly mom and pop businesses so there isn't much to be had in the pay range I would need. 

Anyway, with my mom passing away recently my sister and I will be selling her house. I'll be using my share to pay off my debts, and then I pack my bags and finally get to go start a life with this woman whom I love so deeply (seriously, she's awesome - she's a gamer, she likes football, she's super artistic and very funny). 

So, yeah, I'm looking forward to that. 

• Like 6