Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2020 - WEEK FOUR


Recommended Posts

  • RIPPA pinned this topic

For what it is worth - folks think Master is confused

Quote

The Titans were without outside linebackers coach and defensive playcaller Shane Bowen for Sunday's game against the Minnesota Vikings due to the COVID-19 protocol. Bowen was placed in protocol after getting test results back Saturday before the team left for Minnesota.

That's from the ESPN story and no one else has said a word about a player being positive before the game.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks, Titans.

Assholes.

On a scheduling-related note, if either Vikings/Texans or Steelers/Titans (or both) get postponed this weekend, it's going to fuck the whole schedule. Minnesota and Tennessee have their byes in Week 7 and Houston and Pittsburgh have theirs in Week 8, so they can't just pick the games up and move them to the end of the schedule or to a bye week or anything.

I understand that's not the biggest issue here, but since you know the NFL is just going to go ahead and press on anyway it's going to become important later.

Edited by Gonzo
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Lawful Metal said:

If the Texans get an unexpected bye week this week, is it too early to fire Bill O'Brien?  Ass skin for a friend.

Ass Skin is not something I want from a friend.  

  • Like 1
  • Haha 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gonzo said:

On a scheduling-related note, if either Vikings/Texans or Steelers/Titans (or both) get postponed this weekend, it's going to fuck the whole schedule. Minnesota and Tennessee have their byes in Week 7 and Houston and Pittsburgh have theirs in Week 8, so they can't just pick the games up and move them to the end of the schedule or to a bye week or anything.

From PFT

Quote

There’s a fairly easy schedule fix, if the game is postponed. The Titans have a Week Seven bye, the Steelers play the Ravens in Week Seven, and the Steelers and Ravens have Week Eight byes. So the NFL could move Steelers-Titans to Week Seven and Steelers-Ravens to Week Eight, with Baltimore’s bye coming in Week Seven.

That scenario is a little unkind to Pittsburgh as they would end up playing three straight road games but fuck the Steelers

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

The part that makes no sense to me is that according to Jason La Canfora (I KNOW I KNOW) the NFL is telling the Steelers they still have to proceed with a game preparation.   Prepare for what?   This game isn't happening unless they find a ton of practice squad guys they could use.  So you are making them work for no game and then make them play in their bye week. 

Even if there is a mild chance the Titans are "cleared' for Sunday they would be stupid to accept it because they had only 1 day to prepare for it 

Edited by hammerva
Link to post
Share on other sites

The Steelers themselves were the ones who said the NFL told them

I mean I guess they have to say that a) from their bullshit PR perspective but b) if they tell the Steelers to stop then that instantly postpones the game and that ties back into A)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

From PFT

That scenario is a little unkind to Pittsburgh as they would end up playing three straight road games but fuck the Steelers

Why should the Steelers have to suffer because of the dumbass Titans? If the zombie Oilers can't field a team on Sunday they should forfeit.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Because - whether you agree with it or not - none of the spots leagues have been operating like that.

The NFLPA would complain (on behalf of the Titans)

The other teams would complain (because of the Steelers getting a win when a game can be rescheduled)

Also teams know that it could happen to them at the drop of a hat and would want the same accommodations made for them if the shoe was on the other foot.

Heck - the only time forfeit in any sport has been brought up recently was in MLB when the Brewers refused to play after the shooting of Jacob Black and the Reds refused to accept the forfeit and agreed to make up the game.

And - I would also note - that no one knows how the spread started with the Titans so I would caution with the immediate assumption of THEY ARE ALL DUMBASSES AND CLEARLY GOT IT BECAUSE THEY WENT OUT AND PARTIED BECAUSE NO ONE GETS COVID IF THEY FOLLOW ALL PRECAUTIONS!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Because - whether you agree with it or not - none of the spots leagues have been operating like that.

The NFLPA would complain (on behalf of the Titans)

The other teams would complain (because of the Steelers getting a win when a game can be rescheduled)

Also teams know that it could happen to them at the drop of a hat and would want the same accommodations made for them if the shoe was on the other foot.

Heck - the only time forfeit in any sport has been brought up recently was in MLB when the Brewers refused to play after the shooting of Jacob Black and the Reds refused to accept the forfeit and agreed to make up the game.

And - I would also note - that no one knows how the spread started with the Titans so I would caution with the immediate assumption of THEY ARE ALL DUMBASSES AND CLEARLY GOT IT BECAUSE THEY WENT OUT AND PARTIED BECAUSE NO ONE GETS COVID IF THEY FOLLOW ALL PRECAUTIONS!!!

My first post on the matter was after I thought they let a COVID positive player play.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...