DVDVR Message Board

Raw is Takeover Brooklyn III - 9/28/2020

Dolfan in NYC

2 hours ago, Sky Blue Sam said:

The smallest member is Slapjack, who's still bigger than Seth. Unless you're including Mia Yim and Mercedes, but I wouldn't buy those two putting up with Rollins's shit.

Isn't Slapjack/Thorne around the same size as Seth? Honestly I'd buy the idea of Mercedes putting up with Seth the least out of any them. Even when she joined the Robert Stone Brand, it was on her own terms with Stone not really having a choice in the matter.

14 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

How many CFO$ themes are left and who is the new in-house producer?  Because as much as people were tired of CFO$ themes these news ones suck. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/WWE_Music_Group_discography#Themes_by_CFO%24

Main Roster ones that jumped out to me by CFO$: Sasha Banks, Ricochet, Charlotte Flair, Alexa Bliss, Kevin Owens, Asuka, AJ Styles, Shinsuke Nakamura and Bobby Roode.

In answer to your second question, def rebel. News to me. Nearly all of those suck.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Main Roster ones that jumped out to me by CFO$: Sasha Banks, Ricochet, Charlotte Flair, Alexa Bliss, Kevin Owens, Asuka, AJ Styles, Shinsuke Nakamura and Bobby Roode.

Yikes. Most of those are great.  Why did people start hating CFO$ I don't know.  Sucks that WWE couldn't just buyout the damn rights to all this they are a billion dollar corporation smh.

• Like 2

I really thought that Tozawa's contract had expired and they were legit writing him out of the show as having been eaten by a shark. And that would have not even come close to the 6 Worst Explanations/Non-Explanations of the week:

06. Hey, it's the Hurt Business! Look at them acting all tough and being bullies. Weren't there 4 of them last week? I could have sworn there were four... Oh, Cedric Alexander is at Hurt Business Boot Camp for losing a match last week? I'll allow it.

05. Robert Roode is back after a hiatus! Where was he? On hiatus! You know, Roode didn't get Covid, so if you're some sort of deluded billionaire who thinks that contracting an illness is a sign of weakness hence why you don't want to mention it on the air and make your larger than life superstars look weak, you don't have to, you can just say he was stuck in his home country because of border/travel restrictions? On hiatus? Got it.

04. The Women's Tag Team Champions are not medically cleared to compete tonight but they WILL defend the titles..."somewhere down the line"

03. I know they mentioned Dana Brooke being dealt to Raw a couple weeks before the draft as some sort of pre-draft trade but I love that they didn't even bother with Drew Gulak. Hey you know all those months of Drew Gulak feuding with, then becoming Daniel Bryan's coach/protege and how people were beating up Gulak to get to Bryan and all of that? Well forget it, he's suddenly on Raw going for that belt that no one cares about (No, not the cruiserweight belt! The other one). Why? Shut up.

02. Retribution is here! The lights go out! The video is taken over! Uh-oh! Let's go to commercial! We're back from commercial and I guess they are not here. Well...see ya!

01. It's the third hour of Raw and you know what that means! Time for Raw Underground. You know I haven't seen a tease of it all show but it's got to be coming. Any minute. Oh, no? I bet we're going to get an explanation like Retribution trashed the Underground set! Or Daba Kato beat up everyone after his loss? or Strowman took it over to show how tough he is? No. We're just not gonna mention it all. There never was a Raw Underground. Move along.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Yikes. Most of those are great.  Why did people start hating CFO$ I don't know.  Sucks that WWE couldn't just buyout the damn rights to all this they are a billion dollar corporation smh.

They tried, the publisher wouldn't sell.  CFO$ finally got released and disbanded last month, but the publisher still owns the rights and isn't budging.  

1 hour ago, caley said:

05. Robert Roode is back after a hiatus! Where was he? On hiatus! You know, Roode didn't get Covid, so if you're some sort of deluded billionaire who thinks that contracting an illness is a sign of weakness hence why you don't want to mention it on the air and make your larger than life superstars look weak, you don't have to, you can just say he was stuck in his home country because of border/travel restrictions? On hiatus? Got it.

Pretty sure Roode was just injured like Sami was though they didn't say why Sami disappeared either. Never said why Roman disappeared either, or why Bray disappeared for a month or so after losing to Braun. Or why Bryan isn't around. Maybe we are just at a point where they don't think its anyone's business unless they are actually injured on tv?

1 hour ago, caley said:

01. It's the third hour of Raw and you know what that means! Time for Raw Underground. You know I haven't seen a tease of it all show but it's got to be coming. Any minute. Oh, no? I bet we're going to get an explanation like Retribution trashed the Underground set! Or Daba Kato beat up everyone after his loss? or Strowman took it over to show how tough he is? No. We're just not gonna mention it all. There never was a Raw Underground. Move along.

Did you seriously expect them to explain that some of their wrestlers are so dumb having a large party in the middle of a pandemic that a good chunk of the Underground are in quarantine, sick or not? Even if they acknowledge covid regularly I think they would avoid that just to not look dumb.

2 hours ago, caley said:

03. I know they mentioned Dana Brooke being dealt to Raw a couple weeks before the draft as some sort of pre-draft trade but I love that they didn't even bother with Drew Gulak. Hey you know all those months of Drew Gulak feuding with, then becoming Daniel Bryan's coach/protege and how people were beating up Gulak to get to Bryan and all of that? Well forget it, he's suddenly on Raw going for that belt that no one cares about (No, not the cruiserweight belt! The other one). Why? Shut up.

At least it's better then how they explained him being fired then rehired the next week.

Edited by The Green Meanie

Seeing that picture if they want to have Mandy go full Trish I really wouldn't mind.  But I do at least hope they address her situation with Otis.  And reading about what they did with Rey's family this week is just gross.  The pic with Jerry's bad enough but this whole thing is scummy as hell.

Edited by NikoBaltimore
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Eivion said:

Did you seriously expect them to explain that some of their wrestlers are so dumb having a large party in the middle of a pandemic that a good chunk of the Underground are in quarantine, sick or not? Even if they acknowledge covid regularly I think they would avoid that just to not look dumb.

No, but like I said, it would be pretty easy to film Hurt Business or Retribution (Just use a handful of masked guys not the actual core members who are out) destroying the set, or Braun or Dabba-Kato blocking the hall and preventing anyone from getting through the doors because they're angry over last week or saying that that the Braun-Kato fight was so big it destroyed the "ring" and they're waiting on a new one, or Shane saying "We're building up to a major Underground but taking this week off to set it up!"  Or sending an exterminator in to clean it out because it's infested with ninjas. Just anything! But just not having it and not mentioning it as if "The fans are so stupid, they won't notice anyways" is the kind of intelligence-insulting thing WWE does all the time while talking about how they love their fans more than anyone.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, caley said:

No, but like I said, it would be pretty easy to film Hurt Business or Retribution (Just use a handful of masked guys not the actual core members who are out) destroying the set, or Braun or Dabba-Kato blocking the hall and preventing anyone from getting through the doors because they're angry over last week or saying that that the Braun-Kato fight was so big it destroyed the "ring" and they're waiting on a new one, or Shane saying "We're building up to a major Underground but taking this week off to set it up!"  Or sending an exterminator in to clean it out because it's infested with ninjas. Just anything! But just not having it and not mentioning it as if "The fans are so stupid, they won't notice anyways" is the kind of intelligence-insulting thing WWE does all the time while talking about how they love their fans more than anyone.

Retribution hasn't touched Underground as of yet. Some of the guys you mentioned may be among the quarantined. I just don't think every little thing needs to be explained, especially when it involves a portion of the show the audience would rather disappear anyways. Also calling it intelligence insulting to me goes a tad too far. You are leaning towards they are vindictive assholes who hate their fans instead of just shitty writers. Not every bit of bad writing is something personal against you as a fan.