DVDVR Message Board

Raw is Takeover Brooklyn III - 9/28/2020

Dolfan in NYC

What had me rolling was him trying to hide from the refs. They obviously saw him beat everyone up on the monitors because they were running to the room! Why disguise yourself?! ? Just absolutely ridiculous. 

Who knew that Zelina wrestled like Zack Sabre Jr.? Asuka looked like she was pulling her strikes pretty hard to keep from breaking her in two though. 

• Like 1

No Underground tonight for the first time... fucking braun strikes again in ruining things.

Why are the Hurt Business still feuding with (and worst of all LOSING to) these same boring low card guys over and over again. 

Dana Brooke looked good. Cool that Roode's back.

Asuka/Zelina was nice once again. With this and the promo from Andrade after the match I'm guessing Zelina gets moved to Smackdown in the draft.

Mandy/Dana vs. Nattie/Lana was decent. I like that they are least making some minor effort to build the tag division up again.

The 24/7 stuff amused me. I like that Funaki is of course Tozawa's former sensei.

The backstage Hurt Business segments were nice. I do have to agree about them needing to move on from Apollo and co soon.

Digging these vignettes for Bianca. Hopefully they lead to them actually pushing her finally.

Dominick/Murphy starting off as a straight up fight was nice, but it lost steam as it went on.

Roode/Drew was solid. Its nice to see Roode back though I wish it was on his own away from Ziggler.

Not a great show or anything, but much easier to digest than the past few weeks with the absence of Retribution and Raw Underground.

25 minutes ago, HumanChessgame said:

Zelina looked impressive against Asuka for the second night in a row. I like that she's been able to find a style that works with her size.

I thought the exact opposite. She looked sloppy, and she's waaaay too small to be working with someone like Asuka. Her putting submission moves on her made it look like Asuka was wrestling a child. Not a good fit at all.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Man is his English woeful. He shouldn't be so eager in kicking Zelina to the curb. 

When a breakup was teased before between Andrade and Zelina Vega, I didn't want that to happen. Work well together.

Edited by The Natural

28 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Yeah, my exact thoughts were "if I was Mysterio I sure as hell wouldn't sit my daughter next to plastic surgery, heart attack, Batmobile-driving ass Jerry Lawler". 

What's your opinion on putting both your children in angles where other wrestlers claim to be their real fathers?

For that matter, Aalyah is having an on-screen relationship with a guy 13 years older than her.  Being leered at a bit by the King seems kinda tame in comparison.  

I wouldn't mind if the entire family went away for awhile.  Nothing about this feud (or Seth's cult leader character) has worked for me.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, DreamBroken said:

No Underground tonight for the first time... fucking braun strikes again in ruining things.

Pretty sure that's because most of the extras are from NXT/Performance Center, and they're in the midst of a COVID outbreak.

• Thanks 1

I don't think it's the age difference that creeps me out,  I think it's more that she's 19 so it's dangerously close to predator territory and unveiling texts as they did and just their general way of handling it is reminding me of the real life creep shit that some of their performers were doing.  We just discussed all this a couple months back.  

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, Eoae said:

What's your opinion on putting both your children in angles where other wrestlers claim to be their real fathers?

For that matter, Aalyah is having an on-screen relationship with a guy 13 years older than her.  Being leered at a bit by the King seems kinda tame in comparison.  

I wouldn't mind if the entire family went away for awhile.  Nothing about this feud (or Seth's cult leader character) has worked for me.

Honestly I had the TV on mute and only glanced up at the screen for that whole segment. What's the whole angle? Who's she dating? Why did she slap her brother? 

I mean, I know about the Seth blinding thing and the canings, but since she showed up I haven't been paying attention. 

Edited by Curt McGirt

26 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Honestly I had the TV on mute and only glanced up at the screen for that whole segment. What's the whole angle? Who's she dating? Why did she slap her brother? 

I mean, I know about the Seth blinding thing and the canings, but since she showed up I haven't been paying attention. 

During one of Seth's attacks on Murphy Aalyah showed him some sympathy. Seth later on came out with a paternity test saying that Rey may not be her father. Aalyah tried to say some things about Murphy but Rey turned super sexist and said she was naive, which made her walk away from the family. On tonight's episode, Seth found Murphy's phone which showed text messages between her and Murphy, which Seth revealed to the family. Murphy got upset and was going to attack Seth when Dominick blindsided Murphy causing the match. During the match, Dominick was going to use a kendo stick, but Aalyah came out and tried to stop him, Dominick then turned on her saying the same things Rey did causing her to slap him.

• Like 1

Okay, I read up on the whole soap opera right before you wrote that. Seth says he's the daughter's dad and she's attracted to Murphy. 

This shit is so old hat. If it's also got both guys being sexist then that's another thumbs down. Also, for a cult leader, Seth really isn't cutting the mustard. He needs to have Murphy start Dark Ordering the locker room. Maybe try and recruit Retribution (I almost wrote The Retribution) when they get out of quarantine. Tell them their names are crappy and he'll give them new ones, then just give them numbers instead. 

The all-blonde tag tonight made me think of the Vince falling off his chair gif... especially Lana sticking her leg in the air. That pairing is just too up his alley. 

At first I didn't realize Orton was wearing night vision (those things sure have gotten smaller) and thought "why is this guy putting on sunglasses in the dark" haha

EDIT: Who's the smallest guy in Retribution? I want to know who Seth could give the John Silver treatment. 

Edited by Curt McGirt

1 hour ago, Curt McGirt said:

EDIT: Who's the smallest guy in Retribution? I want to know who Seth could give the John Silver treatment. 

The smallest member is Slapjack, who's still bigger than Seth. Unless you're including Mia Yim and Mercedes, but I wouldn't buy those two putting up with Rollins's shit.

• Like 1