DVDVR Message Board

THE 248 "BEST" MOVIES OF THE 20-10S~!

RIPPA

On 10/18/2020 at 11:06 AM, EVA said:

Very surprised by the lack of DUNKIRK appreciation, I must say.

Same. Based on how lauded he is among some people, I'm surprised we have 95 movies to go and we're pretty much done with Nolan. 

Here's to Inception not making the top 50! We can do it, people! 

Edited by Andy in Kansas
spelling...
  • Like 2

Spotlight is something I should really revisit. It's a pretty good shoe-leather journalism movie in the spirit of All The President's Men, and I remember enjoying it. It definitely suffers unfairly from my "How the the hell did that win Best Picture?" reaction (which is an especially strong reaction considering it was up against a certain film which had no chance with Academy voters but has a shot at the top ten on our rankings...). 

Edited by Andy in Kansas
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, (BP) said:

Pitt may be the actor of the decade for me. Four of his movies made my list, and I’m probably the high vote on all of them. 

Gyllenhaal for me. Didn't make a list (I know, I know...coward) but Nightcrawler may have been my #1. Velvet Goldmine, Okja and End of Watch would have all made it.  Prisoners might have. Source Code wouldn't have, but I still liked it. I haaaaated Far From Home, but he was fantastic. Haven't seen The Sisters Brothers yet, but I can't imagine I wouldn't love it.

Moneyball has also 1. been out forever and 2. been on Netflix forever.  Availability is going to be a big skew, if Dunkirk (which has neither of those aforementioned qualities) is any indication.

Edited by Contentious C

Also - in trying to find a review for Dunkirk - at least on this board, it isn't exactly the most liked movie.

And the minimum there were a few "It was fine" reviews and then a few people who outrighted hated it

94) JOJO RABBIT (2019)

Director: Taika Waititi

262 Points (5 Votes + 1 HM) - HIGH VOTE: Andy in Kansas (#23) - ADDITIONAL VOTES: Caley, EVA, Hobo Joe, Bill S Preston - HONORABLE MENTION: Control

IMDB ROTTEN TOMATOES (80%/94%) : METACRITIC (58/7.8)

It is kinda intuitive at this point - but the point totals are gonna be going up quickly.

Our last three vote movie will be posted tomorrow and the last four vote movie isn't that much behind it