DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2020 - FALL FRENZY~

Dolfan in NYC

33 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Welp now we are gonna see if Gerrit Cole is worth all that money 

I feel much better about our chances with him pitching game 5 than if he weren't.

The Rays will be pitching Tyler Glasnow on two days rest. 

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

On 10/9/2020 at 7:48 PM, Raziel said:

The Analytics Era fucking sucks.  Great to build teams over 162 games, pure fucking luck in short series.

it's also hunted the bunt, pitchout, stolen base, and hit & run out of existence and thus made baseball a lot less fun to play, let alone watch (and they wonder why the young demographic shuns them)

Imagine some clown GM/Manager trying to tell Rickey god damn Henderson not to steal bases because the analytics say it's suboptimal.

God. Tony Gwynn would have hit .500 against this shift bullshit.

Instead every team has 20 Adam Dunns worshipping at the altar of launch angles while every fan base screams about their team leaving the bases loaded every inning because the run scoring slow grounder to second is beneath them.

• Like 2

I still don't get (well actually I do lol) why these millionaire athletes don't hone their skills and learn to hit the other way and beat the shift instead of bitching about defensive strategies. Not one of those sacred unwritten rules? Lol

12 hours ago, Infinit said:

I still don't get (well actually I do lol) why these millionaire athletes don't hone their skills and learn to hit the other way and beat the shift instead of bitching about defensive strategies. Not one of those sacred unwritten rules? Lol

Because doing that actually doesn't make a whole lot of sense:

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/24049347/mlb-hitters-explain-why-just-beat-shift

• Like 1