DVDVR Message Board

Pro Wrestling NOAH

Johnny Rodz

Spoiler

FVCwVWiWYAATgX8?format=jpg&name=small

Satoshi Kojima became the fourth person in history to hold the GHC, IWGP Heavyweight, and Triple Crown titles joining Yoshihiro Takayama, Kensuke Sasake and Keiji Mutoh.

Keiji Mutoh announced his retirement today at Cyberfest Festival 2022. Mutoh said he'll have five more matches before his retirement.

• Like 2

Spoiler

Really expected Kojima to win. Older dudes dominate in the new NOAH. Go is getting older anyways.

Kojima (c) vs Kenoh is next for the GHC HW.

I don't consider Go as the Ace and neither does the company. It's Kaito who is the Ace even when he has no title. Kinda booked like those Animes or movies in Japan where the hero's goal to win whatever his main objective is beyond his reach for now.

The original plans with Muto are not happening anymore, so no red title or what I talked about before.

Spoiler

Kojima (c) vs Kenoh is next for the GHC HW,  at the Budokan.

Kinda hope one of them busts out a super finisher.  We saw Muto did one and Nakajima on two separate different Budokan shows.

Edited by Blue Dragon
  • Thanks 1

Muto's first retirement road match will be against Kaito at the Budokan soon. The final Muto match may be at a dome class arena.

Next year...Jan 22 will be the last Great Muta match, held at the Yokohama Arena in Kanagawa.

The dates for the final countdown matches, 4 Muto and one Great Muta matches

July 16, 2022 ABEMA presents DESTINATION in Nippon Budokan

Keiji Mutoh vs Kaito Kiyomiya 

September 25, 2022 GRAND SHIP 2022 in Dolphins Arena

October 30, 2022 Ariake Triumph ~THE RETURN~ in Ariake Arena

That's the new Ariake Arena. 

January 22, 2023 GREAT MUTA FINAL "BYE-BYE" in Yokohama Arena

The last Great Muta match.  

2023 Pro-Wrestling "Last" Love ~Hold Out~ in some dome class type show.

Probably could expect wrestlers from other promotions.

I think this last one is in spring I think. I don't remember.

There may be more matches but they won't be billed as big deals.

Edited by Blue Dragon

9 minutes ago, Kevin Wilson said:

I have to laugh since just a few weeks ago I said that when Muto retires he will let you know exactly when and make as much money as possible in the process, and here he is.

I mean that is typically what is done for major retirements in Japan. They do a retirement road/tour.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eivion said:

I mean that is typically what is done for major retirements in Japan. They do a retirement road/tour.

Not for a literal year, I wouldn't say it is "typical" to announce show days six months in advance along the long road to retirement. Its what the showmen do for sure, which Muto definitely is. More Tenryu or Inoki, less Kawada or Chono. You can't count Onita since he has had a dozen of them, the ultimate showman.

2 hours ago, Kevin Wilson said:

Not for a literal year, I wouldn't say it is "typical" to announce show days six months in advance along the long road to retirement. Its what the showmen do for sure, which Muto definitely is. More Tenryu or Inoki, less Kawada or Chono. You can't count Onita since he has had a dozen of them, the ultimate showman.

They are major shows for a big promotion, and Mutoh likely can only work so many dates. Why wouldn't they announce it months in advance? 

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
11 hours ago, Kevin Wilson said:

Would Kawada and Chono really count in this comparison considering they never formally retired? They just stopped.

Akira Taue wasn't a showman and he announced his retirement seven months in advance, for example.

35 minutes ago, Stefanie the Human said:

Would Kawada and Chono really count in this comparison considering they never formally retired? They just stopped.

Akira Taue wasn't a showman and he announced his retirement seven months in advance, for example.

I am only counting them as they made the decision to just stop, they could have announced a retirement show and just opted not to.

Masa Funaki retained his title. 

From Purolove for the NOAH Budokan show

NOAH "DESTINATION 2022", 07/16/2022 (Abema)
Tokyo Nippon Budokan

- Ninja Mack vs. Dante Leon
- Hardcore Match : Rob Van Dam & Masato Tanaka vs. NOSAWA Rongai & Super Crazy
- Go Shiozaki, Takashi Sugiura & Kazuyuki Fujita vs. Masakatsu Funaki, Katsuhiko Nakajima & Manabu Soya
- Pro-Wrestling Love Forever.1 ~The Final Countdown~ : Keiji Muto vs. Kaito Kiyomiya
- GHC Heavyweight Title : Satoshi Kojima (c) vs. Kenoh

• Like 1