DVDVR Message Board

Pro Wrestling NOAH

Johnny Rodz

Good news

https://hochi.news/articles/20220518-OHT1T51004.html?page=1

"I think they're working hard to take the right steps in the right direction. In that context, Fujita, Funaki and others are putting on a good show, and I'm leading the way among them, but we need younger guys to come out than us 50s."
"This situation is not really good. We need about twice as many young players. Right now, the only young players are Kiyomiya and Inamura . In truth, it would be better to have a pyramid (age structure of players), but now it's the other way round. It would be better if there were more young players and fewer legends. And that includes me. I've always thought so."

In his fifties, Muto, 59, is at the top of every aspect of his career, achievements, fame, popularity, age... Despite this, he has declared the current situation 'no good'. Is there any self-contradiction there?
"It's a contradiction, but I'm at the top too, and I don't want to come down from the top. I'll resist there. I won the GHC belt last year, and I'm doing my best because I think I have a mission that these young guys can't do."
"I haven't been disposable for a long time. It's still the case. But on my birthday this year (December 23), I'll be 60. When that happens, I'm sure there will be times when I'll be out of the line. And when that happens, I'm sure I'll feel down. So I'm going to do my best, and I'm willing to be a main eventer for the rest of my life."

Muto forever.

If Kojima loses, it may be for NOAH to get a win over NJPW. The previous joints shows with NJPW may segue into you scratch my back, I scratch yours deals.

If Kojima wins that also enforces NOAH as where the older men dominate. Kojima was recently mentioned as NOAH biggest X in their history, of course that applies to the new NOAH.

Edited by Blue Dragon

Huh, Murakami is still in Sugiuragun? And is that Daisuke Nakamura below him? I don't think I even remembered that he'd been in NOAH, feels like it's been some time.

I have finally gotten around to watching Majestic Night 2. Well, part of it. I've got 4 matches left. They really didn't need 11 matches on this show. The opening tag with Fujimura & Slex vs against Alejandro & Yano was fun, Elgin vs Kitamiya was what you'd expect it to be, which is no bad thing, they slugged each other, Inaba & Tanaka vs Dupree & El Hijo del Dr Wagner Jr was good albeit chapter 89 in "me being mad about NOAH booking younger guys, Inaba is a talented dude. Oh well. Gotch vs Funaki was just a thing that happened. Funaki is real diminishing returns, the more I see him the less into him I am. He's like Fujita, he should be booked on big shows but he sure shouldn't be near titles. Oh well. Getting mad at NOAH's booking feels like a fools errand at this point.

• Like 1

On 5/18/2022 at 11:08 AM, Blue Dragon said:

Good news

https://hochi.news/articles/20220518-OHT1T51004.html?page=1

"I think they're working hard to take the right steps in the right direction. In that context, Fujita, Funaki and others are putting on a good show, and I'm leading the way among them, but we need younger guys to come out than us 50s."
"This situation is not really good. We need about twice as many young players. Right now, the only young players are Kiyomiya and Inamura . In truth, it would be better to have a pyramid (age structure of players), but now it's the other way round. It would be better if there were more young players and fewer legends. And that includes me. I've always thought so."

In his fifties, Muto, 59, is at the top of every aspect of his career, achievements, fame, popularity, age... Despite this, he has declared the current situation 'no good'. Is there any self-contradiction there?
"It's a contradiction, but I'm at the top too, and I don't want to come down from the top. I'll resist there. I won the GHC belt last year, and I'm doing my best because I think I have a mission that these young guys can't do."
"I haven't been disposable for a long time. It's still the case. But on my birthday this year (December 23), I'll be 60. When that happens, I'm sure there will be times when I'll be out of the line. And when that happens, I'm sure I'll feel down. So I'm going to do my best, and I'm willing to be a main eventer for the rest of my life."

Muto forever.

We will all know when Muto is retiring as he is 200% the type that will have a big epic retirement show when he does announced well in advance. Probably wrestling three matches on it. He is more "Tenryu" or "Inoki" minded than "Kawada" or "Chono" in that regard. 

• Like 1

CyberFight Fes 2022

The Kenoh match at CyberFight Fes will be hardcore No DQ.

Marufuji will be replaced.

They also added more NOAH vs DDT story beats to the show.

Some new themes, one for Inamura and one for TJPW.  Themes made by Square Enix. CyberFight Festival x Square Enix.

I dunno who will be X but expect something to do with flags.

Stan Hansen.

Edited by Blue Dragon

Timothy Thatcher is working for NOAH. He was X.

Stinger won the Open the Triangle Gate Titles.

Kojima defeated Soya.

Masa Tanaka vs Masa Funaki (c) for the GHC National hw is next.

• Like 1